Tsw Route Bundles

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by steamfan, Dec 10, 2020.

1. steamfan

steamfan Member

Quite a few preserved routes have two loco add-ons. Buying a preserved route at full price plus the add-ons is expensive. The price turns me off from making the purchase. I propose creating some route bundles on all platforms, if possible.

For example:

Peninsula Corridor:
    Route + Baby Bullet + MP15DC at a discounted price

Ruhr Sieg Nord:
    Route + 155 + 363 at a discounted price

West Somerset Railway:
    Route + Class 52 + Class 33 at a discounted price

Tees Valley Line:
    Route + Class 31 + Class 20 at a discounted price

I would happily buy one of these bundles, it's good business too.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

For new customers, it can be very expensive to build up the content, and waiting for sales to get things a little cheaper can be frustrating, especially on xbox where sales are few and far between with few things on sale in each one. Bundles would be a great idea and would possibly increase overall sales. There is nothing like an instant bargain and that’s what bundles give the opportunity for.

• Like Like x 3
  3. steamfan

steamfan Member

Exactly, I also think long-standing customers could also benefit from bundles as well.
    Here's an example:
    You might have a large collection of UK based DLC's and might have an interest in the Peninsula Corridor route (for something new and different). You wouldn't be willing to pay the full price for the route/route package you only have an interest in. That's where the bundle comes in, new and experienced players will be more intrigued to buy and play complete new routes with all its add-ons and potentially then buy more from that particular country. It'll expose players to more trains. Plus all loyal customers will be happy to receive DLC's at a discounted price since they've already bought the base-game package of routes and have been paying full price ever since.

Hope that makes sense, I'm german, English is my second language. :)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Very good points. And your English is very very good :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. steamfan

steamfan Member

Thank you for your kind words :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This would be a good idea in my opinion. TSW 2 is quite expensive if you want to build up a library of content so some people don't end up buying the product. Heck some people may have lost their jobs and may not have the money to buy dlcs because of the pandemic. I'm not a fan when Sam says wait for a sale because while they are nice, they are not frequent on console and when there is a sale, not everything is on sale either. If they bundled things together at a discount permanently, they would get increased sales and more cash. It's a good business decision and a no brainer in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  7. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Awesome idea and very very good points in this thread!
    Really do hope dovetail will consider this, especially for us console players with the absence of frequent sales and 50+% discounts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

i really like the sound of this idea i think it would be quite cool i would be happy to get a bundle like this

9. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Normally just the base game tend to get put on sale more offen then the single dlc routes but if you catch the base game on sale this would be alot of nice content for a good price but not much use when you want other separate dlc's.Note dtg has a example of this already NTP heavy frieght pack could be considered a bundle deal 2 locos with 2 frieght wagons for 20.00 now that a great price,So dtg know how to do deals but doesn't like to do them for xbox player to offen.

10. sparkymarky800

sparkymarky800 Member

It does seem that Microsoft are the one's holding the rules on what can go on sale, especially when you consider Playstation and Steam.

I was wondering if they could do deals outside of the Microsoft store.

I purchased TSW2020 Collectors Edition off CDKeys at a massive discount of 56%, that came with 5 DLC's. All these preserved collections nicely transferred over TSW2.

Just an idea.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BunkerRabbit759

BunkerRabbit759 Member

I think this is an amazing idea, and would really help me expand my portfolio. I got the collectors edition for TSW 2 becuase it was a good deal as a bundle.

12. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The only problem with the OP great idea is convincing anyone at dtg that it's a idea that they should do.Maybe in one of DC or Marvels other alternate realities or multiverses there a dtg type company that might be more open to this idea because i fear we'll never see this in this reality.