A Disaster

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kosti.nuuja, Dec 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

I guess I can understand DTG wanting control of whats made by third parties via the editor, some content released in TS Classic caused lots of issues with people moaning at RSC etc when it was the author of said third-party content that was to blame especially when the moaners weren't upfront or aware as to what they had installed causing said issue. I'd be more than happy with a better scenario editor on the lines of what we have in TS Classic than a scary uber technical all encompassing editor with an everest type learning curve.

2. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Can i put threads on an ignore list? We had this discussion six months ago and I really do not want to read it a gain.

• Like Like x 2
  3. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

Don't read it then!.

Mike

• Like Like x 2
  4. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

The reason DTG didn't come clean sooner. Is because "no editor ever" would have affected sales. There is a huge part of the train game community, that loves to create their own routes, scenarios etc. Without editors you are stuck with using what the developer provides, not very appealing to the many who enjoy being more creative. MSTS, TSxx, Trainz and Open Rails all have editors and all sustain a loyal following for that very reason.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You can't stop it showing on your feed, but you can stop updates being on your alerter. Go back up to the top of this page and click "UNWATCH THREAD" and then only if people tag you will you get an alert

6. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

I'll make this thread stop popping up for people.

We have an editor that is available to any third party team who want to get involved in TSW2. If they're interested they can get in touch with our partner team. DTG act as publisher for anything released on TSW2 for several reasons, chief among those are:
    1. Licensing. We ensure that all licenses are correct across the board, working with real world companies to ensure we're operating legitimately and without any copyright infringement.
    2. Platform parity. While there may be limits to what can be done on one platform vs another, whenever possible we want all new routes and locos to be available to every player no matter the platform they play on. We do our best to ensure that nobody feels like a second-class citizen.

In order for any independent developer, professional, semi-pro or keen amateur to release on console they must pass QA and jump through the logistical hoops required to release on those stores. We handle that as we have a publishing team dedicated to making it happen. If you're a small team, you will not have the bandwidth to take this on (or you'll simply not wish to publish anywhere but PC).

We have created public tools to provide some level of editing to the game and these are still on their earliest iterations. We're exploring adding additional tools to take this further, including sharing the creations people have made. (Note for sanity: sharing is not confirmed, but it's very high on our wishlist and we're working on locking down legal/licensing limitations before going any further. You'll know it's happening when it appears on the roadmap.)

I'm locking this here, not because the conversation is out of hand but because it's all the information you need.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.