Installation Location Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Markerson, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Markerson

Markerson Member

Hi All

Had a break from TSW2 after getting crashes on Koln-Aachen, RRO, MSB, LIRR as I was tired of not completing routes and the inevitable frustration.

Now I’m itching for some TSW2 and was wondering which of the routes is most reliable? Maybe I got particularly unlucky with my crashes (Xbox One X playing in HD mode btw) but I would like to have a bit of an extended play of a route and started with NTP, got about 40 minutes into a service and hard crash to dashboard.

It really is disheartening to have all the choices I have (all routes except IOW and I own most locos) but to constantly be wondering if I’ll even get to finish a single service.

Are other people getting these crashes? Which is the most stable route on Xbox in your experience? Thanks for any replies and I’m really not trying to hate on the game but it is extremely frustrating to not be able to play a game ive put a good amount of money into due to these crashes.

2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

That's really strange, I only crash on SKA on the original Xbox One... RSN and HMA are to avoid I guess.... never crashed on any of those routes:

HRR
    RRO
    MSB
    RSN
    RT
    ECW
    IoW
    BKL

I also own the 182 and 155

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  3. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

all routes are stable as for PC

4. Markerson

Markerson Member

Hmm interesting. I’m beginning to think that a reinstall of the complete game is required.

I did have this originally split between internal and external storage and then moved everything to internal storage. Maybe something is causing an issue so I will try to reinstall from scratch.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

6. Markerson

Markerson Member

That’s the thing though there’s just constant crashes on every route and I would end up creating multiple reports. The forum would be filled with complaints and that isn’t the case from what I can see on this sub forum or the Technical forum so there must be something wrong with my installation. I see some complaints about the occasional crash but not during every route, on every service, at around 75% completion. The console itself performs perfectly with all other games.

I am going for a complete reinstall and take it from there. I do appreciate the responses and will report back after a reinstall in a day or two.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Markerson

Markerson Member

Changed the thread title as it is quite misleading now. I have completely reinstalled the game and add ons to my internal space and the game is running perfectly. This leads me to believe that there was either an issue with the download or, and I suspect this is the case, an issue with the location of the installation.

Originally I just installed the game wherever there was space, and all was fine. The routes worked and all locos operated with very few issues. Then about a month or so ago I moved everything to my internal drive after clearing space. This is when I started having issues. Almost as if the game, or console, was looking in the wrong location for instances of the game.

It could of courses just be one of those things but if anyone else is having issues on Xbox then check where your installation is stored. If it’s split across different drives then you may want to look at a clean reinstall to the same drive rather than moving from one drive to another.

• Like Like x 1