PlayStation Ok, Who Broke Lirr 2024 Penn To Ronkonkoma??

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ixofxiii, Dec 13, 2020.

1. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

2024 is my favorite trip. It's an eastbound express that uses the westbound express track through Queens (east river tunnel to Jamaica). Normally, you have to wait at Penn for a west bound train to arrive so your signal clears and you can proceed on westbound track. Well, now the signal clears and both trains get stuck in The tunnel because the other is in the way. Here's the description:
    What's suppose to happen:
    You're at Penn, you load passengers, close the doors, proceed to red signal, stop at red signal and wait for arriving westbound train to clear, then you get a clear signal to proceed.
    What happens now:
    Your signal clears 5 seconds in, stranding the westbound in the tunnel your suppose to go thru. If you proceed, you'll come to a red signal. Neither will clear. You're blocking the westbound, and the westbound is blocking you.

2. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

That's the 17:15 one yea idk why that happened unfortunately u have to explore on foot at Penn Station at 17:10 then take on the 17:15 train there despite u still have to wait for the train to clear...my issue is those eastbound trains SHOULDNT use that specific tunnel to leave Penn Station

3. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I see a pattern here, considering that on other routes also various signals are not showing what's expected.
    Please state your exact hardware platform and installed DLCs, as this might be necessary to reproduce the issue.

4. ixofxiii

It also makes Train 745 Hempstead-Penn unfinishable unless you run four or more minutes late leaving Jamaica.

5. ixofxiii

True. There's a switch on the east side of Harold that Will let you switch to the westbound express track since the do sometimes use that as a third peak eastbound track thru woodside to just west of Jay

• Like Like x 1
  6. ixofxiii

Base PS4, I have installed:
    München-Augsburg
    IoW
    E. Coastway
    Peninsula
    Long Island
    Rapid Transit
    GWE

7. ixofxiii

Given how busy Penn is IRL, I wouldn't be surprised for that tunnel to be used for eastbound during PM Peak if let's say, a Pt Wash leaves within 2 minutes before that departure.
    I also don't understand why they put trains that skip Kew, Forest and Woodside stations on the local tracks.

8. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I don't either...

9. MrbKlegend89

That's another thing I dont like as well..like that one train from Hempstead I forget which one, delays entering Penn because u are traveling behind a local train from the Main Line leaving Jamaica..that irks me....another issue how the NYP-Hempstead trains stop at Woodside but vice versa straight express after Jamaica...Then u have express from Jamaica to Floral Park to Hempstead, I never seen that type of service in real life

10. Slemcer

At least it's the same on my PS4 pro. Possibly the route DLCs don't have much influence, as there are no layers on this route.
    I don't have the M3.

11. MrbKlegend89

The M3 is a waste, and adds nothing to the timetables..and the sounds all wrong

12. Slemcer

Right, that's what I've read, but I thought about the debugging and wanted to provide as much info as possible.

13. ixofxiii

Sometimes trains do get stuck behind slower ones like that. Usually when there's a delay. But in this game, well, I've stuck behind a hempstead local while running a mainline service westbound. In your case, do you use ATC? If you don't, that may be why you're catching up to that train. Aa far as stop patterns, there's one that runs express from Penn to Jamaica just before 7am. A few PM peak trains stop at woodside then express to Jamaica. There's even a few that skip woodside then stops at Forest Hills then Kew Gardens. Your right about express between Hempstead and Floral park though. Although pre-pandemic frequent peak trains did skip Country Life Press. But there is ONE trip currently in the AM peak that makes all stops from Hempstead to Bellrose then express to Jamaica. The main thing about the Hempstead line thought is that it's mainly a Brooklyn train with a mix of Brooklyn and Penn Station trains during the Peak hours. Off-peak, it's basically all Brooklyn. But if you really wanna get technical. Most of these Ronkonkoma trains in TSW2 shouldn't be making stops between Jamaica and Hicksville with the exception of Mineola since everything from Floral Pk and Hicksville are Huntington (Pt Jefferson Branch) stops. So in the timetable in TSW2 should be labeled Huntington, not Ronkonkoma unless they are only stopping at Mineola.

I wouldn't call the M3 a waste. They still run a few of them. Plus I find it a little more fun to run the M3.
    The only sound issues on the set is the doors (the bell is perfect though) the horn (its similar to the M7s IRL but not exactly like the M7) and the vents from The outside.
    But back to the issue at hand, someone screwed up 2024. You should have to wait for a train to clear the east river tunnel and enter Penn before you get to depart the platform.

14. MrbKlegend89

I said it was a waste because it's mostly either play as M7 or M3 with the same current services and all, so I'm like couldve added more timetables in the game adding the M3 dlc.Its great that M3 is included but even that has errors.....also Ronkonkoma trains NEVER make all stops between Jamaica and Hicksville the closest ever to that is the train from Atlantic Terminal to Ronkonkoma I forget what time on rush hour

15. MrbKlegend89

Btw I'm not sure if have ATC on and this is ps4

16. ixofxiii

You switch on ATC with the circuit breaker behind and above the engineer's seat. It's off by default.

17. MrbKlegend89

Ahhh got it now..thanks