Metro North Hudson Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Blue Fred, Oct 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

I had misinterpreted Corvan's post. He was referring a post Cali made above his own, which mentioned ~ 310miles worth of route. So that's a mistake on my behalf. Though, they would still likely make one single branch of the LIRR to start. That stands true, instead of all of its branches in a single release. Which is absolutely do-able.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

If you saw the new picture DTG released it sorta looks like a pic of the LIRR because it has one branch and multiple others. Doesn’t look like an MNRR branch though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. USRailFan007

Btw, this released on their twitter and facebook page a few minutes ago, prior to this message:
    https://www.facebook.com/railsimula...58680273090/10155249404223091/?type=3&theater

I want to say in a way, it reminds me of Mott-Haven Junction, which is where the first split for two lines occur. Hudson Line going left and the section heading towards the Harlem Line + New Haven on the right. Just before Yankee Stadium 153rd st station on the Hudson Line, going towards 125th and after 125th St Harlem station, going towards and past the bridge. Then again the right part curves up and leftward when that portion, if it were Mott-Haven Jnct, would be heading right; it also looks like there are extra tid bits of track in there, so i'm probably wrong, but its just a guess.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  4. NJT Railfan

NJT Railfan Well-Known Member

I'm assuming this route takes place in the Northeast USA around NY Penn.

• Like Like x 5
  5. USRailFan007

NorthRail1 overlayed the teaser map with a google maps version of a portion containing the LIRR, on a different post for TSW (Devs, Are You Still There? pg. 2). They line up extremely well so, its very possible we'll be getting an LIRR commuter route with NY Penn.

• Like Like x 2
  6. NJT Railfan

If so, then it's finally about time!

• Like Like x 3
  7. USRailFan007

We'll be getting another hint according to Jay, tomorrow at 3pm.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Well it’s not the LIRR. Because most of the trackage that’s there belongs to Amtrak and some of it freight. But it will also have LIRR trackage just like the New York to New Haven did. I did call it would be the NEC, though.

I do imagine this isn’t going to exactly make a lot of people happy. But it’s a start.

• Like Like x 4
  9. cali100001

cali100001 Member

Man, I'm not happy either. I still have hope in DTG extending the Metro-North Hudson Line into at least two Amtrak routes. Someone here said it would take 2 years for one Amtrak route (after completing the Hudson Line), so that means we'd have to wait 4+ years for 2 Amtrak routes, the Adirondack and Maple Leaf. It's well worth the wait. Can we raise funds for Dovetail Games?

• Like Like x 3
  10. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

It would take 2 years for the whole NEC, not for any route.

• Like Like x 4
  11. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

I don't think its funds that will help. Its just time. If they made the whole NEC it would take 2 years and nothing else would release in that 2 year period.

• Like Like x 3
  12. rare_common_sense

Two years spread out. They could still do other content in the meantime of course. It would just take that route itself that long to get done.

• Like Like x 4
  13. USRailFan007

What they need to now that this DLC will be released in about a week or two, is focus a great deal of their time, on finishing up those creation tools they have in the making, to allow for third parties to begin working on other content. The faster the better. If not, we'll all be still be in a very long queue, waiting for content from different regions, we'd like to see made sooner, come much later or not at all. I'm sure most of us, if not all, can agree on this.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  14. NJT Railfan

After the disappointing NEC reveal with the same old rolling stock, back to the Hudson Line. Based on DTG's DLC route releases for TSW, it can be found that all of them (including TSW NEC New York) are approximately 30 miles long for the whole route. If the Hudson Line is made in TSW then that 30 mile mark would go from GCT to Croton-On-Hudson. So if DTG makes the Hudson expect it to go to there, unless if they decide to make it go further. Which is a perfect fit for route length compared to their other TSW routes.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Lawjester

Yea well, we’ll be waiting quite a while until the Hudson line is made at this point. Jay said they have a lot to extend and have plans to do so for the NEC, so I don’t think this is the priority in terms of routes. I’m hoping on what Jay means on extensions, could be an LIRR Branch, although it’s not for sure I think that maybe they can get around to doing it. This route has a good chance of getting released at some point since they made Penn already so they have a bit done, let’s just hope for the best!

• Like Like x 4
  16. NEC_Male_TC

NEC_Male_TC Active Member

Well if the extension doesn't come out soon for Train Sim World: Northeast Corridor - New York (to wherever that may be), then I guess we'll sooner see the Hudson Line for Train Simulator 2018 in Dovetail Games' future offerings this year or next (hoping this year, the sooner the better). Now that Dovetail Games finished their first cycle of routes for Train Sim World in the order of American, British and German, it's back to American, this time, it's an urban route. So if the cycle repeats, this means the next route they make for Train Sim World will be British, then German, back to American, back to British, back to German and then back to American.

If that cycle is true for the future, then my guess is that the next two American routes will be western (first a mountain pass, then an urban route) since their first two American routes were eastern. A couple examples of western routes that might come out for Train Sim World are the Milwaukee Road's St. Paul Pass/Rocky Mountain Division from Avery, ID to Missoula, MT in the 1970s since it doesn't exist anymore (mountain pass) or the Southern Pacific's Peninsula Corridor section of the Coast Line from San Francisco to San Jose or Salinas with all of the dockside branch lines in San Francisco and Redwood City plus the branch line to San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf if it's set in the 1970s since that last branch line I mentioned doesn't exist anymore (urban route). Those are just examples, I don't know what's to come for any future routes that haven't been announced yet.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Extension soon for a route that is not out yet?? I Think you will have to wait a few months/years untill thats gonna happen.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lawjester

At this point I’ll just take the LIRR or Hudson line on TS because it doesn’t look like we’ll be getting it soon.

• Like Like x 4
  19. USRailFan007

I'm all for the Hudson Line coming to TS 20xx at this point too. If the LIRR doesn't come as an extension in TSW in the future then, we should get it for 20xx as well.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Lawjester

It looks like that could be the case although I’m very worried with how DTG would do with the audio and scenery. They screwed the Metro North M8 like crazy in terms of audio and physics and I’m hoping they will get it right with the M7’s, M3’s, and DM/DE30AC’s and C3 cab cars for the LIRR. I hope someone will realize that this route and the LIRR are one of the highest DLC’s on demand and DTG will realize how much profit they’ll get from it.

• Like Like x 3
  21. USRailFan007

Good thing we, specifically, live in close vicinity of both railways. All we'd have to do is record using some high quality capturing equipment (though, FanRailer already made a mod 2-3 years ago, which made the P32ac-dm sound better than the default). Then, we'd have to learn to install the mods ourselves, which isn't too difficult but definitely takes time to grasp. Done it only a couple of times, myself. I would end up getting both routes, regardless of sound, because of this. Regardless of audio accuracy, tbh. Physics are always a problem across this entire game. Don't bank on those trains coming perfect either upon release :P. Just something else to improve upon through modding. Can't say much for scenery though. They'd do their best to be as accurate as they can, while working with the assets available to them. Wouldn't bother me too much, but that's just me.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  22. Lawjester

Also it’s been 4 years since the release of the NYNH and I’ve seen DTG try to make things better, maybe when they release this they’ll know to try a lot harder in terms of audio and detail. I’m just hoping they release MTA content quite soon because that’s some of the highest demand DLC’s on the market.

• Like Like x 4
  23. USRailFan007

In the US, potentially. In the UK, Germany, [Insert foreign (to the US) country of choice here] most definitely, not. Both are still really popular though, can't deny that. They would do exceptional work (or so i hope) with the routes but we'd have to wait and see for the actual results. All we can do is hope at this point, DTG decides to take these up on either simulator.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Blue Fred

Blue Fred Member

It is nice to see a lot of support with the proposal, I have news about the route. It is 32 miles, only from Newark International Airport to New Rochelle. Just the ACS 64, no acela express, LIRR, MNRR, or even NJT.

• Like Like x 4
  25. USRailFan007

The man himself. The one whom started a great proposal is finally speaking on it after sooooooo long, lool. We know about the DLC route upcoming, since there was a lot of speculation surrounding it, these past 3 days, on FB, twitter and here. The route is in a weird place as it stands now, to and from each end, given the one Amtrak train (ACS-64) and next to no stations, to run realistic operations. Still though, hoping we can get the MN Hudson Line in the future via expansion, if at all possible for TSW. If not, then maybe the release of the route via TS 20xx to fill that void people here mentioned many times, in these past few pages.

• Like Like x 3
  26. Lawjester

Wow you took a long absence! Im sure it’s awesome to see what you created and take pride that this thread is one of the most successful proposals in this community today! And btw we don’t expect you to read all the comments you missed lol.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Blue Fred

Blue Fred Member

Yea, I run a minecraft server. It stopped, but I am developing for it to have a new beginning in June. So leading to the coming summer, I got work to do.

• Like Like x 1
  28. USRailFan007

Awesome. Well, whenever you feel like stopping by, do so, of course. See how things are progressing with the proposal and game, in general.

• Like Like x 2
  29. BlitzRail

BlitzRail New Member

It would be really nice to see this route in TSW :D. I can't believe DTG has not gotten around to making it for the original train simulator :o after such a long time since ny-nh.

• Like Like x 7
  30. rare_common_sense

Especially considering that we got two NJT routes and a good amount of their equipment.

It’s criminal that the NYNH is missing the Budd M2’s which ran alongside the FL9’s (retired before the M8’s ever made their debut).

I do feel we may at least see some more Metro North at some point. Hopefully they won’t neglect to make the older equipment. Especially seeing that they are still in operation.

• Like Like x 6
  31. Lawjester

And you’ll see them quite frequently as well. Unlike the LIRR when you’ll really only see an M3 during Peak hours, Metro North seems to not care about when they operate their M2’s and M3A’s and you can see them quite frequently on weekends and midday when you won’t see any FL9’s anymore. I’m just saying that DTG left out a pretty critical gem of the NYNH route and it really takes away from the realism, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 5
  32. rare_common_sense

This isn't a matter of opinion, my guy. This is straight facts. I mean, look at the Brighton, Chatham, North, and South London Lines. We've probably gotten a huge percentage of the stock they've used on these lines, Past and Present. I would think, when you have a license agreement, you make the most of it.

I mean, I myself, am probably mostly ignorant of how that all works in this case. But the M2's were requested quite extensively since the NYNH debuted. It's nearly 4 years since, and still no M2. Not speaking as if it isn't possibly being worked on now because it could very well be currently in the process of being done, but we wouldn't know, due to the secrecy of this company's plans. You know, it's just trains and routes.. not a Rockstar games title. It would be nice to know when something is in the process of being made.

• Like Like x 3
  33. TriStateRail

TriStateRail Member

I totally agree, having those M2s run since the 1970s up until present day really etches its' spot in history on such a route. Same goes for the M3/A's. Such equipment should never be left out of question when working on a route that used them in my honest opinion. Hopefully for a future release of LIRR or MNRR, they would include those older models.

• Like Like x 5
  34. USRailFan007

---> For TSW (if this route gets made along with the extensions connecting GCT to New Rochelle, onwards to New Haven, as an expansion): While I do like certain old equipment, including by not limited to: FL9, Budd M2s and M-3/As, I would prefer DTG release the more modern and more commonly found equipment on this route, specifically, to date (atleast upon initial release) --- P32AC-DMs, M-7A bombardiers and Kawasaki M8s. Personal preference, of course.

---> For TS 20xx: Though I do agree, DTG has released a great deal of the stock that run on those UK routes rare_common mentioned a comment prior to TriStateRail's last. Meanwhile, we've been served with just about every freight locomotive that run in the NYC portion of the NEC (no offense to my freight lovers out there. I still love'm myself, but I just prefer passenger trains). M-2s at the very least, should've been introduced not long after NYNH, in TS 20xx, especially since they're still operated quite a bit all along the NY-NH line, often out of GCT to NH (from MTA's reserve fleet). M8s did retire them but they're still kicking! Its a shame we haven't seen them made for the game. Would've added a good deal more, of realism to the route; being that DTG hasn't expanded upon none of the MTA content they've produced (since 2014's NYNH release date).

• Like Like x 6
  35. Lawjester

As of tomorrow (October 5th) this thread will have it’s one year birthday! Time really flew honestly and thanks to Blue Fred for making this awesome proposal! I still have high hopes the Hudson line will make its debut to Train Sim World one day, as it would make a great addition to the game!

• Like Like x 6
  36. rare_common_sense

It is a rather well put together proposal. It's always nice to see when the effort is put into these things instead of one simply putting the name of the proposed route, and say "Yeah, I think it would be awesome to have this line in TSW/TS20xx. Anyone else agrees with this?"

So yeah, I do hope that when this route is made, it's done with the proper length, or as a full one.

• Like Like x 6
  37. Lawjester

All I gotta say really is in due time we can see something like this or this itself make its way over here, and yeah we’ve waited a long time but it’s the wait that makes us want it more and eventually appreciate it more then we would if it came instead of Northeast Corridor: New York for example. Also those 1 line proposal are just not cool, it’s laziness and should be thrown out. Unfortunately, those types of proposals are the only type of proposals we see these days and unfortunately hide the well put proposals together like this one unless you dig really hard for it.

• Like Like x 5
  38. USRailFan007

Agreed. Its definitely one of the better proposals, out on this forums. There were and are, many one-two liners, clogging up the forums. Next to no information on said routes and they expect DTG to pay it any mind, whatsoever. Only mind DTG will end up paying these types of proposals (from here on out), is a merger onto that uninformative route proposal (along with repetitive one-liner threads), that do exactly that.

But yeah. Would be sweet to have the Hudson Line come to TSW (or TS 20xx), in it's totality or like you stated, given proper length.

• Like Like x 5
  39. NJT Railfan

Yeah, would be nice for either games! I'm fine either way, as long as it has a good length. Just have to wait and see what happens.

• Like Like x 5
  40. Blue Fred

Blue Fred Member

Yes we will people!

• Like Like x 1
  41. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

After seeing LIRR in TSW, it really makes me want the Hudson Line to be next. It is a beautiful and busy route. It caters to all types of players; commuter, intercity, and freight. The LIRR M7 can be easily made into an M7A, and knowing that DTG had access to Amtrak equipment, they could make P32AC-DMs for both Amtrak and Metro North. I’d like to see both Penn Station and Grand Central Terminal included.

• Like Like x 6
  42. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Agree

• Like Like x 1
  43. NJT Railfan

It will get done eventually, just gotta wait.

• Like Like x 5
  44. mrchuck

Awesome

• Like Like x 2
  45. mrchuck

When they do the metro north line up to Poughkeepsie will it have all the stations?

• Like Like x 1
  46. mrchuck

Could metro north be the next Dlc for train sim world in the future?

• Like Like x 2
  47. michael.j.meliambro

michael.j.meliambro Member

Seeing how closely connected LIRR, Amtrak and Metro North are in passenger service around the Manhattan area, the Hudson line would compliment the LIRR and Northeast Corridor perfectly!!!

• Like Like x 7
  48. Loyalty

Loyalty Well-Known Member

If they ever make this DLC next or in the near future please add The M3s as well. they played a huge role in the 80s and 90s early 2000s commuter trains before the M7s replaces most of them of today, which the M9 replacing the remaining M3s left still in service

• Like Like x 2
  49. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

This is the exact line seen in The Commuter, which would make a very popular route to create for TSW! I'm 100% in for this route!!

• Like Like x 2
  50. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

I like it.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.