Game Starts To Be Boring. (vote Please,poll Inside!)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Patrick Kolinski, Nov 29, 2020.

?
  1. Definitely YES

58.9%
  2. What you talking about? NO (We will buying everything they release.)

41.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I worked at home during the first lockdown, it was quite nice in a way but I couldn't do all of my job effectively. Technology as noted above can be extremely temperamental and I had days where I couldn't work for half the day! Trying to have a zoom meeting with colleagues was extremely frustrating, the amount of times you'd miss something because the signal would break up and you can guarantee the wifi would go off at the most critical moment! Did try having a choir practice on Zoom which was the weirdest experience ever, standing in your front room singing to yourself!

• Like Like x 1
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I’m so confused.

Edit: Oh, I had to actually read that. Yeah, working from home is much different, and possibly more difficult than it would usually be.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Wow, sensitive bunch 'aren't you. I never suggested the Pandemic is not affecting anything, some people need to have a word with themselves.
    All this this sympathy for DTG, hasn't stopped CDPR releasing Cyberpunk, a much larger studio and coders all over the world. Before you all get your knickers twisted again I know there are problems and yes it can be awkward but it still can be done. Some people actually prefer working at home as they can concentrate better on the problem at hand.

Obviously it makes the process slower but it certainly isn't impossible. If GP's, Universities, Governments etc can do video conferencing I'm sure software firms can do to.

• Like Like x 1
  4. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Dude, nobody ever suggested that the Pandemic prevents DTG from getting anything done. Stop misinterpreting what I and the others are saying. The process is slowed and the expectations by the community stay the same which I think is a bad thing. The community needs to revisit their expectations.
    First things first: Cyberpunk is in development for almost 10 years BEFORE release, so CDPR had quite more time to develop it. Also the circumstances are completely different. CDPR has a much bigger budget and also more devs to work on stuff. So dont compare CDPR with DTG just to make a point.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Large studios with employees across the globe were far better prepared for people to work at home, I know there are plenty of companies which already primarily relied on people working from home, so were relatively unaffected. Also, larger studios also have the benefit of having plenty of capital behind them so they can afford to push back release dates or having wide gaps between paid content for example as they have enough money to support free patches and whatnot for longer. The simple fact is DTG are probably pretty reliant on DLC sales to be able to continue the level of support they are providing and develop further bug fixes etc. Plus of course, most of the teams producing DLC are probably not involved with specific patches in terms of bug fixing or improving the 'core game' because that's not their job. Also, the idea that no testing was done before release, as I have seen people suggest, is frankly ridiculous. Games are tested with a tiny fraction of the eventual player base, and the exponential growth in the player base overnight inevitably ends up in a significant amount of new problems appearing, the vast majority of which have never been encountered, and that should be a surprise to no one, especially given how complex modern games are. We all want better games, better games are always more demanding and more complex than their predecessors, and the complex things get, then the more points of failure there are and so bugs.

To be honest I do not remember the last game which didn't have this kind of discussion after release. I see the same comments every time, 'game should have been delayed', 'was this game even tested?', 'why are you releasing new content if you haven't even fixed x, y and z?' etc etc etc. Like sure, it's frustrating but at the end of the day, welcome to modern gaming, you can't just wave a magic wand and make problems disappear.

As for that suggestion that Universities have been dealing with the switch to online perfectly fine, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry because that has, from my experience, not remotely been the case, and I know for a fact I've had it better than a lot of people.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Who said Universities and all the rest have switched perfectly. I said they are doing it as are many others are. Some universities are coping better than others.

With regards to DTG support, are you happy with the level of support you are getting? Some people clearly have problems while it is true some do not but people who do have problems should be able to air their bugs, errors etc on the forum (so long as it isn't nasty). You say you see the same old problems, which is true and have seen them myself but people should be allowed to complain freely as no game will get fixed and games as a result will not evolve.

Just sitting back and saying 'well done' when there are clearly problems helps no-one. The people who indeed see the issues are in my experience the ones that care about the game most and want the game to succeed, obviously you also get the trolls but you get them on both sides of any debate. Personally I want the game to get better for all and I wish they would address the frame stutter.

Doublefine7 I did not quote you so stop being so paranoid.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

If it's the same old problems than people have a right to put it on the forums in a constructive manner. Hey, the same old thing you see may be from a new player as well. If people just kept their mouth shut when there are clearly problems, the game would not get improved. If some people don't like seeing the same old problems being reported, then some blame has to go to dtg on that front

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tank621

First things first, my comments were not directed at anyone in particular. Obviously, you have not implied that they are, but I just wanted to clarify nonetheless, because I prefer not to avoid singling people out unnecessarily because it feels impolite and confrontational.

To be honest, yes. I am satisfied with the way support is being handled, and their roadmap, in particular, is some of the most open communication I have personally encountered for a games developer.

I never said they couldn't. We absolutely, 100% should communicate any and all issues we encounter within the game. However, as a general comment in regard to this thread in general, and might help in communicating my point (I hope), I do not believe the release of new content is slowing down bug fixes, errors, 'core' improvements etc. by any means. I think that content releases should absolutely continue as they currently are because of a number of reasons. Firstly, a reasonably regular flow of content keeps the game fresh and interesting, which means more people will be playing the game, which leads to my second point. The more people playing the game then the more people there are to help identify issues and provide more details which in turn will lead to more contextual information which can, in turn, be used to help developers reproduce bugs and fix them quicker. It is in all of our best interests to maintain a larger player base as it leads to more data, feedback and information with which the game can be improved. The third reason is simply money, all of the hours put into bug fixing and whatnot costs money. At the end of the day, the business needs to make a profit to sustain itself (welcome to capitalism I suppose). Selling DLC is a fantastic way to maintain a relatively stable cash flow which can be invested back into the products we enjoy.

Yep, I can agree with that, people who actively report their problems and regularly give their feedback are amongst the most passionate and invested members of the community.

Alas, this is the internet, we are never far from those with malicious intent. There's a reason I try to keep a positive and sincere approach to communication on forums like these, I find letting emotion take the better of us tends to lead to the message being lost or inciting conflict between people. Both are far from ideal.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

Not bad just saying...good for Dovetail to see that customers need a whole update of the game.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. ZeenozPlays

Watch mad people get on you for that comment SMH.

the use of “mad” here has a different meaning and is a slang word in NYC. It should be read as “a lot” instead of “upset”.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Tank621

I mean that poll is terribly done and skewed in favour of the 'yes' option. Both options have emotional response tied to them and the 'no' option has an extra tag on it which states you are happy to buy 'everything' they release which obviously doesn't apply to many people. I for one am only interested in British content, and so will not be buying 'everything' they release, as such I have not voted on this poll even though my response to whether or not they should slow down content releases in favour of 'core' improvements is no. My reasoning is stated above.

If this poll had simple 'yes' or 'no' answers it would provide a much more accurate response. Even so, 151 people on the forum is a tiny sample size and there is little valuable insight that can be gained from a dataset of that small a percentage of the actual player base.

• Like Like x 7
  12. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Just as a counterpoint to this thread, what do you propose vehicle artists, landscape artists, track designers and the rest of the route-making teams do while we're doing nothing but core updates? Open to suggestions here.

In all seriousness, even if we were to stop with new releases the rate of change wouldn't be impacted. We have a core team that is separate to the route builders and train designers. They're constantly working to improve the game overall and their focus is clearly listed on the roadmap.

• Like Like x 10
  13. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

I agree Tank621. Even if someone really did buy every DLC as soon as it came out, the wording of the poll suggests that they care about quantity rather than quality (where presumably they'll care about both, but perhaps even imagine that if we buy what DTG sells then maybe they'll have more money to pay people to improve the core game).

• Like Like x 2
  14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

(Insert snarky tone here) learn to program core updates?
    Totally not serious

• Like Like x 2
  15. tallboy7648

The poll could've been just a yes or no. That I agree

• Like Like x 2
  16. tallboy7648

Yes, gotta remind the Europeans that "mad" in our city is a slang word meaning "a lot "so it won't be taken out of context

• Like Like x 2
  17. tallboy7648

I think you took the word "mad" out of context when ZeenozPlays said it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Tank621

I posted before he edited, from the context it seemed like he meant in another way, I shall edit my post accordingly

• Like Like x 2
  19. tallboy7648

New Core Features to tsw2:
    Adhesion Physics which came from ts2021 that are unrealistic at times. I don't think if you set it to rain on the Bakerloo line and when you start at elephant and castle, the train's wheels start to wheelslip when applying full power and full breaks when you are deep underground unless somehow there is a leak causing rain to leak in the deep tube tunnels. I also don't think if your doing a freight service in rsn, if you go from 60% power to 62% power the wheels start slipping in dry and wet weather. In my opinion adhesion physics should've been in the game when the first Train Sim World or tsw2020 came out. It also needs to be fixed in certain areas

Scenario Designer which is basically a quick drive from ts2021 with the ability to add whatever whatever train you want with the inability to do a return journey from where you started or even share it with other players which makes no sense. Not to mention you can't even change the weather like you can do in ts2021 (railworks) which also makes no sense.

Livery Designer which gives the player to create liveries yet we can't share our creations with others because of licensing which is understandable

A new engine which is basically a updated version to the old engine which has made the game look slightly better but it's not noticeable in preserved collection on consoles. It hasn't fixed the draw distance issues in the game which you would assume would be part of the core of the game or shadows as well which again you would think be part of the core of the game. We don't yet have dynamic weather in the timetable mode of the which you would think be a core feature of the game. American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator have dynamic weather. Textures in some routes aren't improved like on the bakerloo line when you get close to a sign in a station like in Maida Vale or Elephant and Castle and you would think that would be a core feature. A hud that looks worse in tsw2 than in tsw2020 because it's very small in normal mode and too big in large mode so it's unbalanced

• Like Like x 3
  20. ZeenozPlays

That's why I added the extra "definition" of the word at the end, so no one else would take it out of context.

• Like Like x 2
  21. ZeenozPlays

The first time I can't really say anything about something I agree with. Carry on...

• Like Like x 2
  22. Patrick Kolinski

The poll is saying what your customers feel, near 57% off your customers talking about the main game updates, something that in the years still didnt fixed..like the photo below... or that my console still crashing when another train pass..so the main problem is that you release unfinished products. Im going to buy TGV addon immediately this Thursday to see if someone care or just release another unfinished thing that you gonna fix and fix in the time...Lets see, fingers cross! :cool:

Attached Files:

23. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

Its not a balanced poll (needed for the results to mean anything). A fair question would have been, "In your opinion, should Dovetail slow down the release schedule? We'll get fewer new routes so you'll have to be patient, but assuming that the same people who develop the new routes are also the ones who fix bugs (*), would you prefer bug fixes?"
    The * is because Sam's already said that's not the case.
    I didn't vote in your poll because neither option applies to me. I don't blindly buy all DLC regardless of what it is, and I don't think that DTG should stop developing new routes until we get x and y bugs fixed. Sorry, but your 57% figure is fairly meaningless, other than showing that some bugs still exist and that they annoy some people.

• Like Like x 4
  24. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

If DTG had been developing the Unreal engine for acouple of years I would be as happy as a pig in Sht, but this is after at least 5 years development on the engine. I wonder were Train Simulator would be now if all that effort had gone into it.
    Train Simulator was born in 2009 making it 11 years old, TSW 1,2 is half its age but as nowhere near the playabilty that TRS as. It's just a "Dumb Blonde"
    All to appease the console market

• Like Like x 1
  25. ZeenozPlays

Ya see, you was doing so well until you basically said "I'm gonna buy the next addon to find all bugs". Come on, you don't need to do that, at that point, you're just trying to find a reason to hate on them. Let the people who actually want to enjoy the route and are passionate about it buy it, then they can report all the bugs (If there are any) and inaccuracies themselves. But by you going out of your way basically "Bug Searching", you're giving everyone else who wants to see some of the things changed a bad look.

As for the poll, it definitely could've been worded better. A simple Yes/No to DTG stopping production would've been nice. Even better, you could've added a third option that said something like "DTG needs to take more time with releasing their routes to allow for the bugs to get smoothed out". I would've picked that option. It doesn't really make sense for DTG to stop production on future routes just to clean up the current ones when they already have a dedicated team (Preserved Team) to do that.

• Like Like x 5
  26. ZeenozPlays

And it was a good Idea to develop a train simulator that is playable on consoles. They opened up to an even bigger market where they could possibly earn more money. Most console players had never played a simulator before TSW came out, so it is a big accomplishment for them to make it available to console players.

• Like Like x 4
  27. Patrick Kolinski

Haha no no i didnt said that i will buy it to search for bugs, i said that i will buy it because i want to see if somebody care about it. From the streams yes i saw they adding some features and improve the game lets see, im not so bad brother, just want with the poll make them see that customers are not blind people, maybe you right about the question on the poll, but lets leave it as it is, the consolation is that im not alone and people feel the same.

Cheers! ;););)

• Like Like x 2
  28. theorganist

So only 154 people have purchased TSW?! The poll was totally skewed with emotive language and frankly shouldn't be taken seriously.

I am sure you aren't the first person to have purchased an add-on to find faults, I assume you won't be talking about any good points you find!

• Like Like x 4
  29. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

I agree.

Today I was flying around at the start of a TVL custom scenario checking that all my AI trains were running as expected and I watched as a very long Class 66 train left Lakenby while holding up a passenger service on the main line.

I was stationed at the points and wanted to see them change over which they did after a short delay with a very satisfying electric motor noise.

It’s the daft little things like this where everything works like the real world that make me smile.

• Like Like x 6
  30. tallboy7648

It's cool that you care about the game but 156 people don't make up the entire tsw2 gamebase. Sure the majority which is 91 and counting agree with what your saying and I understood what the poll was trying to say but it could've been worded better even if it wasn't made immediately when the thread came out and frankly I believe everybody can agree with that.

• Like Like x 2
  31. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

This was not a poll, but a thinly viewed attempt to get people to agree with your opinion by providing no choice.. It is is as bad as asking for a yes or no answer to the question of “ Have you stopped beating your wife?”.

No way would any information derived from such slanted leading questions be accepted by any reasonable person as proof of anything.

• Like Like x 5
  32. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

So basically on your own poll you would have to tick both boxes because you want them to stop producing DLC until the core game is fixed but you are also going to blindly buy the next DLC. This thread just gets funnier and funnier.

• Like Like x 8
  33. ZeenozPlays

:o

• Like Like x 1
  34. Patrick Kolinski

You trying to see the things so flat. I know that you didnt read all the comments on here, plus if you think that you cant vote you can go to a different thread make your own and do it. I think you live in a democratic country aswell, so calm down guys and see what this thread is trying to say...let’s see what they gonna release this Thursday and yes after long time i will try to buy the next dlc because of that, on the stream you can see improvements, you can see that maybe things going to change. By adding things to game and make it more realistic. Like i said fingers cross... :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  35. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Sorry, where have you been you even do not notice the improvements? A fair number of bugs have been fixed (though we need far more fixes), For NTP people give compliments on sound, the TGV horn sounds gorgeous, they can now build a long TGV route which is still affordable for us, we have PIS now and it is improving, it also will come soon for ECW and LIRR (so also for older routes), performance is improved a lot and will continue to improve. Of course there is a lot we do not and we get a lot we did not ask for. That is life, the game exists it is improved. If you are not happy, please quit the game and leave the forums.

• Like Like x 2
  36. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I suggest you re-read what I said. At what point did I mention there were no improvements to new content? Clearly I was talking about how/if existing content would impacted by core updates. As for performance, it’s far from stellar and the stuttering issues is much worse than in TSW 1. Other players have raised this issue too.

Perhaps try reading the comments more carefully next time before replying.

• Like Like x 2
  37. theorganist

It is like a bad Ealing comedy!

• Like Like x 1
  38. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

It is no surprise that if what you voted for is not top of the poll it has been worded incorrectly.

Mike

39. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

Its not just the wording that's wrong, its the question itself. Do I think that DTG should stop developing DLC until all the bugs are fixed? No. Do I think that DTG should stop fixing bugs until all possible DLC variants have been created? No. What I (and I imagine most people) want is somewhere in the middle.

• Like Like x 4
  40. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I have read all the comments as they have been posted, it’s been an interesting and entertaining thread. I was merely adding to the fun.

• Like Like x 1
  41. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

This thread has now run its course and will only result in further arguments breaking out.

Thanks to those who contributed.

• Like Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.