Reppo Gp20 Performance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by treid09, Dec 15, 2020.

1. treid09

treid09 Guest

ss_2f9eb26198bb28a0de04c98796f3811bd8b8d911.1920x1080.jpg

Hello everyone,

I am considering purchasing the Reppo Southern Pacific GP20. I noticed that it is a Pro Series locomotive, and the reviews are fantastic. I would like to know from those who already have it, how is the performance? Is it less intensive to run than say, Searchlight Simulation's AC4400CW? I can run Smokebox's FEF-3 with zero issues, but I am a bit leery purchase it since it is such an advanced model.

Also, how realistic is it? It certainly seems fantastic, and it looks amazing. I've heard some great things about Reppo and would love to see what you all think. Thanks for the help and God bless!

2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Hi treid09! I own the GP20 of Reppo, not the SP one but the WP pacific high nose one. In the pictures seems to be similar. In my opinion is the best american diesel locomotive out there. It is extremely realistic (everything seems to be modelled) but it does not have much (or any) impact in the performance. I don't see diference in fps with other similar locomotives that aren't pro range and it's definitely smoother than some heavy ones (as ACS-64, or M8s).

• Like Like x 1
  3. treid09

treid09 Guest

Thanks Nacho! Merry Christmas!

• Like Like x 1
  4. pugilist3

pugilist3 Active Member

The Gp20's are great, but the only thing I don't like is you can't open the windows.

• Like Like x 1
  5. treid09

treid09 Guest

Thanks, I think I can live with that!

6. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Performance is fine. Not really heavy at all

Its one of the better NA engines avail on steam. Id say its a must have. A bit aged, but still better than 90% of the stuff thats released to this day

• Like Like x 1
  7. treid09

treid09 Guest

Many thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Definitely closer to the FEF-3 than the AC4400CW, the latter while runs good enough for me does bring the frame rate down a tad more than anything else for me, have never noticed issues with the former or the GP20. The big thing going against it in terms of functions is the the lack of opening doors or windows, otherwise has pretty much all of the functions you want for actually operating it, including startup and shutdown. The only other thing I'd note is that it's definitely somewhat lacking sound wise, but if you can handle the FEF-3's sounds you'll not mind the GP20. If you're looking for a good American diesel they're still good units to have, would recommend any of them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. treid09

treid09 Guest

Thank you, Mich! I think that I am definitely going to check it out.

10. pugilist3

pugilist3 Active Member

Glad you can! I have uninstalled all models that do not have opening windows and doors being as it simply is not realistic at all.

• Like Like x 1