PC Gwe Aggregate Industries Cannot Set Slow Speed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Rudolf, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

In the Aggregate Industries scenario, the first action is to set up slow speed mode in the EM2000 display.
    You are instructed to press the select key. When I select the slow speed menu and press select, I see two menu buttons: start and exit. Pressing F1 for start seems not to have any effect, The objective marker keeps pointing at the the select button. Pressing select also does not have any effect.

The situation occurs for both the livery with the green and for the livery with the blue display.
    I did not see other reports on this specific issue, but it feels disappointing to me. It makes the scenario unplayable.

I tested both from the journey and form explore/scenarios.

2. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

It does work, you need to set the toggle on your left first then the computer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Thanks I will try and I know I did something wrong. . But still, the instructions are not correct and confusing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

the instructions are pushing you to the EMS, but if you set the toggle to 3mph first, then use the EMS it works.

D

5. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Tried again. It now works. The issue was that the instruction seemed to point at the "Select"button. Just below it, is a separate button for Slow speed control.
    Having played a bit further, the instructions provided are sloppy. Nothing about setting the brake timer to goods, no instructions to set the four engine run etcetera, no instruction for the master key. It is really necessary to be more precise in managing the expectations of the game player. It is OK to give more global instructions, as long as it is clear what you need to do. For a beginning player this can be very tough.

EDIT it is even more confusing than I thought. I picked the wrong locomotive version and got stuck during refuelling. So I restarted and restarted and restarted till I got the one with the green EMS2000 display...

Then I discovered this version has the engine run ... setup already, but it also has passenger brake mode and no way to set it to goods. I would appreciate it if this is fixed .

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. rallyscoot

rallyscoot Member

If it work i hope that will fix the instructions..

When will the gauge meter be fixed? Its still broken on my game. The needle is still broken.

Volume of the horn also could a bit higher. Sound like a death horn now.

And why is the engine running but:

1.Control& fuel pump switch
    2.Generator field switch
    3.Engine run switch
    4.Isolation switch are still all off / disabled.

Checked also the back cabin.

This scenario works perfect in TSW, but not in TSW 2.

Why is the engine running if every important switch is still OFF. Its just broken!!

If the switches are all off, then the engine should be started up manually.

no instructions to set the four engine run

How do you do this?

What i already tried. Open up the fuse box and disable the fuel injection.. The engine should go off.
    Wait 5 sec then switch it on again. Then use switch 1,2,3 (whats written above)
    When the engine try to get on, also put switch 4 on and the engine would run again.

But still no movement in this loco.

Reverser key is also the master key, and its installed and set to the rear.

Refueling the loco is also a disaster...

1. You need to set the loco so, that there isnt a limitation on the length of the fuel hose.
    2. The hose have strange artifactal behaviour when laying on the ground.
    3. Ask me to fuel up to the max. Removed the fuel cap, connected the hose en open up the valve.
    It should refueling then.. But the meter on the fuel tank says its to the max, but the refuelling is still going on, and then nothing happends anymore.
    When iam trying to connect the fuel hose again, it ignores to open up the fuel valve.
    The message to fuel up to the max wont go away..

Whats the next thing to do? Because this is very unclear? Drive it back en full up the other side?
    Why arent the fuel tank meters working to check the fuel level??

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  7. rallyscoot

rallyscoot Member

Iam already did in the preserved version on Train sim world 2, but the loco still wont move.

8. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

A fix is on the roadmap now ...

9. rallyscoot

rallyscoot Member

great iam going to check this scenario again.. Hope it fixed it all.

10. rallyscoot

rallyscoot Member

Still not a fix for Great western express.

Aggregate Industries class 66.

1. Engine should be off, player should (re)start the engine. So every switch on the bottom right should be set on. (after restart)

2. Gauge (middle) needle is still broken. *seems to be two seperate parts, not as a whole.

3. If you follow the guide now, the engine wont accellerate. (when throttle is in 3 position or higher) nothing happen.
    this happen when set speedo limitter correct and start it up.

Thats only for the other DLC problems.

The only way to get driving is to kill off the fuel supply to the engine and restarting that way. (engine will getting off when cutting off the fuel)
    Then its still bugged.

Refuelling is also a disaster. After tried refilling one side (on the left) it still ask to refill it.. Then i drove it on the other spur near where i was.. Trying to refuel on the right side as well.
    But fuel valve goes open and then closing it self again..

But still ask to refuel.. Please Dovetail games fix this issue so it will be playable again.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020