PC Problem With Tsw2 Csx Y109 - Westbound Set-out And Pick-up

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Nov 21, 2020.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Well, this was an interesting little late evening work shift in the Cumberland Yard. After completing a series of pick-ups and set-outs, I reached the 19th item on my work order, which told me to "Couple to Formation: 32 Vehicles". I checked the switches and headed west, but I quickly noticed that there was a little problem in my way in the form of a pair of engines standing between me and my next pick-up:
    20201121162305_1m.jpg
    What's an engineer to do? After a bit of noggin scratching, I figured I'd just couple to that pair of engines and then couple to those 32 cars. Both pick-ups seemed to work (I climbed down and checked them), but the session didn't advance to the next instruction! So I took another look at the yard map:

20201121163535_1m.jpg
    Now, if that ain't a dad-burn mess, I don't know what is!!!
    At one point, another train did pass me headed west and that may be the one that dropped off those 32 cars, pulled a bit east of them, and then stopped because I was blocking its exit route. Perhaps I'd been driving so fast that ... but that's not my style; if anything, I tend to drive too slow. And then what's train #3 doing sneaking up behind me?
    P-e-a-culiar! That's the word for it in my vocabulary.
    Has anyone else around here tried this timetable session and finished it successfully?

2. rattyfus

rattyfus New Member

Same proble mere(on PS4 Pro).
    Has anyone picked this up yet, as it still seems to be broken?

3. Asian Train Driver

Asian Train Driver New Member

Not a real solution, but a work around: Jump into those locos and move them to another siding before you take the 32 cars through there.

When I loaded up this scenario, those 2 locos are parked on the siding just below the one we'd take the 32-cars consist through.

4. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

A fix for all of these "2 loco" problems has been on the roadmap for a while now. Pushing them on to an adjacent track has been my solution.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

That's an interesting possibility (even though it would involve some peculiar movements) and one that I was about to try when that final AI train (number 3 in my captioned screenshot) came up behind me. With all of the empty sidings available, it seems that those two AI engineers could have found alternate routes.

• Like Like x 2
  6. rattyfus

rattyfus New Member

I know - that happened to me today just when I thought I’d fooled the AI. Giving up until it’s fixed.

7. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

Its still an issue. Essentially the service is impossible currently.

8. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'm confused. This was one of the fixes listed as " released " on the November 24 roadmap. Why is this still an issue? I'm pretty sure I've played this service and similar ones successfully quite recently.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  9. aarontheloner

I've tried it 6+ times in the last week and have been blocked or boxed in every time. Perhaps some coding from a DLC counteracted the fix? Stuff like that is known to happen.

10. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

I tried it too but with the same result. 2 locos in the way, then getting boxed in on top of that. Not sure if the whole thing can be done with some creative thinking, and speedy maneuvers. Might be possible,

11. boromich

boromich New Member

As a rattyfus above, I confirm the problem occurs on PS4 as well.

12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I dealt with them by just bulldozing them out of the way. Though it might have been more fun to set up a 4-loco MU and finish the scenario that way.

13. aarontheloner

Anyone know if this has been fixed?

14. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

Not tried it lately, but to my knowledge, no it has not. If anyone knows otherwise, please let us know.

15. aarontheloner

Just tried earlier. Still broken.

16. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Tried it again the other day: you just have to couple up to the two rogue locos and do the rest of the service with a 4-engine MU. (I found you can't uncouple them again, because they keep trying to go where they are programmed to, and the game throws the switches for them).

17. hawks5896

hawks5896 Member

Tried it yesterday and definitely was NOT fixed on the xbox

I too saw the 2 locos in the way. I uncoupled from my cars and managed to hook up to them and park them on an adjacent siding. Then I went back and coupled to my cars and coupled to the 32 cars as required without interference. When I finished that I was reversing down the track as indicated and was confronted by the train (3777?) coming toward me. Frustrated I coupled to the front of this train and I noticed I could shove it backwards so I shoved the entire train back beyond the "triple" switches to a junction which would take me along the bottom of the yard tracks. I quickly uncoupled from the rogue train and took off down the track along the bottom of the yard tracks to the opposite end of the yard . I noticed that this train 3777 did not follow me but moved right back along the same track (the one with the 32 cards I had just coupled to) and stopped at the end of the car string and remained just sitting there
    At this point I found the track where the game wanted me to go to, aligned the switches, drove to the spot from the opposite direction, reversed and crossed the spot in the proper direction - I then carried on following the game prompts and ended the service with a gold medal!

The two engines I moved from their original position did NOT move from the spot I parked them (unlike the post above) once I left them, and the rogue train moved right back along the track I first confronted it on and stopped at the end of the cars I had just coupled to the 32 car string.

18. pchopkinsuk

pchopkinsuk New Member

Tried this on series s today and it is still a problem

19. EnginerAl

EnginerAl New Member

Hi everyone I'm playing Y109 i have a fix for the crazy Engines after playing it 10 times..
    This worked for me on a PS4 ! On your last pickup, Stop next to those engines and go disable them,
    Go in each Engine push the stop engine button 4 times both engines then uncouple them.
    Those engines will now stay put finish your pickup and finish the run..
    Please like if you found this helpful and also some feedback if it works for you......
    Have Fun

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021