Possible Problem ?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Hgv44ton, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Hgv44ton

Hgv44ton New Member

Ok so I’ve been playing tsw 2020 and I decided to buy tsw 2,I D/L the extra stuff that I had in 2020 including the GWE addon.
    So when I started to play the gwe I know I have to start from scratch because my save from 2020 doesn’t follow over,however when I get on the train for the first introduction to the gwe when it says to check external camera then press Y (I’m on Xbox) to change back to driver view it just doesn’t work and I cannot continue with the introduction because it wants me to press the Y which I have but nothing happens,is this a bug or is something else going on any help or advice is much appreciated

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  2. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Pause the game and from the menu select the following:

Settings > controls (use RT to scroll accross) > controls.
    Under the 'control scheme' select 'classic'

This reverts your gamepad layout back to that of TSW2020 but if you wish to keep the immersion settings then clicking the right analog stick acts as the external camera.

3. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

On classic controls settings when using external view, y changes between controlling the train or the camera.

To re enter the driver seat view you need to click in right thumbstick and select internal view

4. Hgv44ton

Hgv44ton New Member

Thx I will try that

5. Hgv44ton

Hgv44ton New Member

Thx for the reply but I wasn’t actually driving the train it was the introduction to the gwe clicking RS only comes up with sit back in seat as passenger,the actual bit of clicking Y to change from outside to back in wasn’t working but I’m gonna try the advice from pinxtonpaws and see if that works

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s not supposed to work in the tutorial, it’s information for later* - see edit below. You aren’t driving the train at that point, so pressing Y (which only swaps control to the train, not the camera view) has no effect. To continue the introduction you just sit back down as a passenger using the right stick pop up menu as instructed.

Later in the game, after the intro, pressing Y will swap control between the camera controls and driving controls as in TSW2020 unless you switch to the immersion controls. Swapping cameras is done via the right stick pop up menu.

Edit - this reply only applies to pressing Y when returning to the passenger seat (shouldn’t be necessary, as it should return to normal controls automatically), I was forgetting that players would have pressed Y to get control of the camera in external view in the first place. I was only referring to not having to press Y when returning to passenger seat.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

You're right, not sure what I was thinking.
    It was too early in the day, I was stir crazy from 6 months of furlough, I'm an idiot [delete where applicable] :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hgv44ton

Hgv44ton New Member

I know that what I was trying to say was that during the intro you are supposed to press Y so you can sit back as a passenger well that is the part that wasn’t working,pressing Y didn’t do anything and I was stuck outside the train....update since this post,after starting again the game just played as normal and I didn’t get the intro again so it’s all good

9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Edited Post - Apologies for not being clear in my post above and repeating it here, as I was forgetting that you will have pressed Y to get control of the camera as instructed. Not sure if what I was saying was entirely helpful as you will have had to have pressed Y to be able to use the camera controls when in the external camera, but when returning to passenger seat, by pressing the right stick, you should not have to press Y again, as it should revert to normal (driver) controls when you do so. That was the bit of the procedure my post was referring to, and where the bug will be, and I was forgetting the prior need to press Y to get control in the first place (silly me).

10. bonipires#3938

bonipires#3938 New Member

I had the same problem on East Coastway intro.
    And I had to press Y for the game to continue its intro, I could go back to passenger view, change view, but the game kept telling me to press Y to go back to "driver mode"...

11. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

This one seems to finish unlike the other route introductions.