PC Tsw Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Typhomat, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

If this route indeed turns out to be NYNH then I hope DTG does us right with the Metro North DLC. They made the M8s for TS, the modeling was good but the audio was completely wrong and the physics were off. I really hope they also decide to release those long delayed M2s, we seriously need those trains. Maybe the automated announcements for the M8s too? I would really love the ASI come with any LIRR or MNRR content hopefully DTG will put it in.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  2. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

Nice tease of trackage heading to Newark Penn. But Jay, where's the full map reveal you mentioned yesterday? Is that still due in like ~ 2 hours?

3. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Gonna put this here and still basically watch folks make something totally different or more than what it is.

I imagine as it’s been the case already that’s it’s going to be like watching folks walk into an ice cream parlor where they’re only offering Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry... and yet still ask for either pistachio, butter pecan, or cookies and cream.

AE1E93E3-A474-4C45-8179-5768B36A3BAC.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

So Newark Penn to Penn Station is about 10 miles. Penn Station to New Rochelle is about 15 miles. That puts us around 25 miles, and Fresh Pond isn't too far (maybe another 3-4?) So The current route is at about 30 miles right now. Anyone have any thoughts on it being any longer, and if so, where next haha?

5. rare_common_sense

Theres nothing going beyond the scale of this photo, unfortunately. I'm not being cynical, it's just being able to analyze what's shown. If it were to be any bigger, diagram would be smaller. But I guarantee you, what is being shown will not go behind the scale of this photo.

6. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Left of Newark Penn it going a bit further but i don't now the route so don't now what there is.. :)

7. JackRyan

JackRyan Member

Probably this route will serve as a starting point and DTG will release multiple extensions towards New Haven or Philadelphia. I hope that, unlike Ts20xx, TSW will be able to support multiple extensions in just one route without it being cloned

• Like Like x 6
  8. rare_common_sense

This, I agree with as well. It's quite tedious to have multiple versions of a route.

9. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

I truly hope that is the case. Quite a few future British routes, as well as GWE, would benefit from that as well.

• Like Like x 2
  10. rare_common_sense

Next (and final) Stop is Newark Airport.

I will say, this is a weird and extremely odd choice on DTG's part. This route will in a sense start from nowhere and end nowhere. Neither of these two endpoints makes any sense, and they don't qualify as, nor are they terminus stations in any fashion. So we know this will just be Amtrak and freight. This route will seem more like a demo and will leave A LOT to be desired. Although in TSW rendition, it's going to look worlds better as far visuals, and scenery are concerned. But it will lack substance. I think they could have picked a better section to implement. This is going to scream "extend me."

• Like Like x 6
  11. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Oke hoping you are wrong, but knowing you gonna be right :)

12. Lawjester

I honestly don’t understand why DTG decided to do this. They should’ve just done the Hudson line or the LIRR, both things not done yet and this whole thing seems like a huge mess.

• Like Like x 2
  13. rare_common_sense

In addition to my previous post. I am apart of a group where they are planning to do the entire Northeast Corridor in this, and the one heading this project has done his research, and I mean really done his research. If this route is done to his liking, it will be extended once the editor tools are released. And this will have saved a lot of trouble, as the most difficult part of the route will have been done. There's a small bright side to this.

14. JackRyan

JackRyan Member

You already said by yourself: this is the hardest part in all the notheast corridor. And these 25 miles are worth 100 miles of a country route. Especially with the Unreal Engine. That’s why I think (hope) that DTG is going to extend it anytime soon.

15. rare_common_sense

Not a mess. Just a very odd choice. But, it's your expectations that you are falling victim to, to be honest. And it was already said that the MNRR route was of huge interest to them and that they could not make any promises, and you took that and ran with it as a sure, definite thing. Lol.

Believe me, I want both of those things as much as you do, but the difference is, I keep my expectations realistic, reasonable, and low. And you also have to be able to identify and observe strategies.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

I'm sure the final reveal will come with an explanation on their choice. We've been told many times that TSW is at the beginning of its journey, these could be the foundations.

• Like Like x 3
  17. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

route length, somewhat short. My hopes are its made up for in Locos and engaging scenarios....and some service diversity.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Typhomat

Don't want to see this turn into a bashing thread of expectations, but just some food for thought. What one person or group might want doesn't always reflect the actual market demands and interests.

There are a lot of people who want MTA content, and it's obvious the demand for it shows in this forum. There are many people who aren't here though who might think otherwise. DTG is listening but they aren't going to make a route because 10 people here want it, they are going to use past analytics to make the game profitable before they go anywhere too extreme. Food for thought

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  19. rare_common_sense

I agree. But when you have obvious clues being figured out, and yet it still gets taken in so many different other directions..

Believe, I'd lose my mind if they were to do some more MTA stuff, as it is something I'm most familiar with and would love to see more of in TS/W. But I realize there are a lot of things that would take for DTG to have the incentive to make them. Two of the major factors would be of course, having the license, and as you stated, the demand for it. I still feel we'll see more of it in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  20. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Newark Airport and then it gets to Elizabeth

21. Lawjester

How long do these licenses last? DTG made MTA content before, so I’m sure they could do it again.

22. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

A better question would be whether licences for TS20xx carry over to TSW.

One of the reasons we may have seen GWR as the first British train operating company is because DTG got a license from them for the Welsh Routes in TS20xx and specifically negotiated TSW into the license.

23. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

When you look at DTG as a business, the reasoning behind the decision is sound. They have done this area a few times over, so the research is mostly there already. There would have been minimal time spent on research. They know the NEC and anything Amtrak will sell like crazy. Minimal effort for maximum profit. The reason it's so short is because of their development timeline and the current state of the editor.

24. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

so is there a full reveal today or not?

• Like Like x 2
  25. USRailFan007

26. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

30 minutes or there about, hopefully.

• Like Like x 1
  27. USRailFan007

28. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  29. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

so, Jay, where dem details at....:smirk:

30. JackRyan

JackRyan Member

So Newark Airport to New Rochelle. Now I’m interested in the included rolling stock

31. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

I think, from my 2 minutes of research that its conducted by a ACS-64, and takes roughly 1 hour 7 minutes....unless we get the airtrain too, but I assume thats fully automated like most airtrains here in the UK.

32. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

6pm

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  33. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Do not be disappointed guys!
    It could have been an English or French line ...

34. Typhomat

This begs to be extended in the future

• Like Like x 4
  35. Lawjester

Oh yes l, I thought that they would put GCT in there too or even to Stamford. Acela services will be quite limited being they don’t stop at New Rochelle.

• Like Like x 1
  36. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

There are some very specific reasons this particular route was chosen

• Like Like x 1
  37. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Will you share those specific reasons with us at 6pm then?

38. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

I start my shift at 6pm GMT, so because this is the internet and Im only person who matters, can we bring that forward to say, 4 or 5 o'clock?

. /s

• Like Like x 3
  39. USRailFan007

One would hope so.

40. MrAsieru

MrAsieru New Member

So, how many miles more or less?

41. rare_common_sense

Yep.. Like I said. New Rochelle to Newark Airport. :: Drops Mic::

42. rare_common_sense

End to End.. 32.. With all the other branch.. probably in the upper 30's.

43. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

IRL takes roughly 67 minutes, end to end.

44. JackRyan

JackRyan Member

yes, but with a 15 minutes stop in penn station, where there’s also a crew change

45. HybridAlien

HybridAlien Member

Proper buzzing but I hope they release a patch too to fix bugs etc

46. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Will steam reveal the screenshots early like last time? :cool:

47. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

They will.. is said multiple times

48. MikeForce

MikeForce New Member

What a disaster if that's the complete route map. GWE was on the short side but at least it was a focused experience on the Great Western ML.

Unlike GWML, this map has no focus and it will be a sub-par experience for anyone interested in the area. For those not familiar, the three commuter rail operators on the map are completely separate from each other operationally.

What's the point of an Acela that will only traverse some of its slowest trackage? Or ridiculously truncated commuter routes (pick your favorite, all of them end before they really begin)?

Why oh why couldn't Dovetail done a remake of the successful but flawed TS 2012 NY-PHL route? At least that would have had a good sampling of everything (high speed, SEPTA EMUs, NJT locomotive hauled coaches, fast freight, anachronistic vintage options for those that like that (GG1,etc) ).

• Like Like x 2
  49. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

So you know already what trains are witing the route then? Bit weird talking aboput acela .. we don't know if this loco will be included..

• Like Like x 3
  50. MikeForce

MikeForce New Member

The criticism applies to any of Amtrak's trains. Amtrak is in the business of intercity service. Not much of that when the route map doesn't even leave NYC's metro area.

Also downvote me all you like. You'll have to do better than that to faze me.

• Like Like x 2