PlayStation Lgv Méditerranée

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Dec 10, 2020.

?
  1. Excited. Will be buying.

62 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. Not Excited. Will be buying.

6 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Excited. Will not be buying.

16 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Not Excited. Will not be buying.

16 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Other. Please explain.

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Did the introduction and set up scenario fine, then went out on my own on a service and messed the pantograph change over and couldn't draw power :D not sure what I did wrong, will keep trying.

• Like Like x 2
  2. gprili80

gprili80 Member

I'm happy to report that on PSN if you're PS+ member there is a discount at 26.99 USD/EUR

3. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

Bought this at 6am with my PS Plus discount, will give it a go at 10.30!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

Bought it just after midnight and travelled the length of the line as a passenger on my PS5.
    Runs well, but can I just check if the sound inside the carriage is supposed to be almost non existent?
    I know these trains run a lot quieter than trains of old, but it was almost silent to the point of the sound being mute.

• Like Like x 1
  5. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Not sure about the passenger cabin but the drivers cab is quiet, a faint hum is audible though. I did notice that if you stand up out of the drivers seat there is a loud outside noise if you're looking in a certain area, it's as if the window is open.

6. Class395

Class395 Active Member

I have not ridden as a pax in game but I have IRL. These trains are really quiet, there is the usual wind noise when at high speed and a very faint knocking sound when passing junctions, other than that it's really quiet.

As you can hear, 99% of the noise comes from inside the car ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I played on PS4. TVM will be activated with the power mode on LGV. KVB and Vagma has to be activated on the buttonboard at the end of the cabine. Run it with and without cruise control. Very nice and relaxing driving. The systems run all well. Love it. It's like my car in real with 200 kph and activated adaptive cruise control at the highway :).

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

So the bugs relative to the safety systems are exclusive to xbox...

• Like Like x 1
  9. docsnyder1911

On PS4 no problems. Normal PS4. NO PS4 Pro.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Class395

Class395 Active Member

It's probably microsoft's weird update approval, maybe they haven't approved the build in time or something similar.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  11. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

Can somebody with PlayStation go into settings and look at what build number is. Xbox is build number 191. On the stream it was 204. They mighthave released wrong build for xbox. Thanks.

12. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Had a quick go on my lunch break and was impressed with how it ran on my standard PS4.

As much as I love HMA, I’d have moments in the ICE at high speed where the PS4 couldn’t keep up with loading track, making it look like the ICE was gliding above the ground! Glad this isn’t the case with the LGV.

Can’t wait to jump back into it later! :D

• Like Like x 3
  13. flickyhecky

It takes a good few miles for the train to stop if you don't change the power settings! I usually walk the entire length of the track on these, I think I'll skip this one!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vectron383

Vectron383 Member

Hi everyone, not sure if anyone else has had this problem but I have been following the tutorial's instructions to the letter several times on SKA and San Jose, and the TGV Duplex will just not move. The power notch has a red box around it even when I have completed all the instructions. Is there a bug I should be aware of?

• Like Like x 1
  15. flickyhecky

IOW tube train...got 130mph out of it this afternoon, those downhill sections helped a lot, I'm sure theirs a slower train than that to try on it!

• Like Like x 3
  16. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

The electrical supply probably won’t work. Go back into the scenario editor and tick the ‘Off the rails’ mode button.

With this mode all trains work regardless of power so it should be fine.

17. docsnyder1911

Did the breaks of the tube worked by that speed? :)

18. Vectron383

Vectron383 Member

A.Paice that's the problem, off the rails mode is already on when I'm using it on Peninsula Corridor, and I'm also not sure which voltage I should set

19. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

TVM on, vacma off because it irritates me and I do not wish alarm going off every 30 seconds.
    PS4 obviously since it is PlayStation thread.

TVM is easy, just keep yourself ahead of it and messing up is Impossible. Having said that, I am capable of making a mess even from the LZB that is actually designed for five year olds (meaning, foolproof).

Anyway, yes, TVM was on.

• Like Like x 1
  20. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Oh right, that’s strange.

Hopefully someone will be able to assist you.

21. Gronk Honker

Gronk Honker Active Member

I’m loving driving this one so far. If you don’t want it to get boring, just avoid using the cruise control and manage your speed manually. That’s because the fun in this one is in keeping right up to top speed while juggling power because your grade just flipped from 3.5% to -3.5% in an instant. To channel Sam, it’s a rip-it rollercoaster.

As to build quality, I’m halfway through the journey and I’ve seen no bugs that were obvious enough to draw attention. Overall graphics performance is very acceptable, some pop-in for distant objects but no more than usual. I’ve spotted the odd hole in the world when poking about on foot, but at this line length, and as they’re well off the main track area and therefore inaccessible, I can be forgiving.

Overall I’d rate this one well. I’ve noticed the easiest trophy is already at 5.1%, so it seems like it must be selling OK.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I'm very impressed with this DLC and the level of detail of the TGV. To me I believe this sets a new standard in modelling of a singt train in the game.
    I'm very impressed with the depth of detail. Id love a manual to explain some of the more complex parts in more detail.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Gronk Honker

Fitz, take a look here, this might help:

https://www.trainsimcommunity.com/guides/the-french-signaling-system-by-raph

• Like Like x 1
  24. Vectron383

Vectron383 Member

Hey everyone, after a lot of troubleshooting I discerned the problem with it on my device - The circuit breaker was not arming correctly and the train brake had not been fully released. This explained what was going wrong with the loco.

• Like Like x 1
  25. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

For me cruise control is something I need to get to grips to. I tried it and I had trouble with getting the speed down on time which meant that all breaks came on.
    It is definitely worth to learn how to use cruise control properly but for now I stick with manual control as I need to read/learn more about cruise control and how to use it properly.

Sadly during the holiday season I can't play it that much but one other thing is to mix it up with other routes so it doesn't become boring. Right now I love this route but only time will really tell how much I will like it in the future. So my guess is that in two-three months time I can say if I truly like it as then I see how much time I spend on it really.
    Right now, I have a feeling that I will like this one very much and it may become one of my faves.

I also hope that this route has been successful so we could hopefully get more French content in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Gronk Honker

The easiest trophy for LGVM is now up on 9.8%, which indicates it’s sold a few. HMA’s easiest trophy is at 13.2%, which is not that much higher given it had a nearly two month head start in the stores. So I think more French content could well be justified.

• Like Like x 2