PC Tsw Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Typhomat, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

i did not downvoted you :) i'm also not hyped about it.. but willing to wait to see what the offer is.

2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Not sure what to think on the whole begging to be extended thing. I figure DTG does want to do extensions, especially with what Jay has poked at, and handle them better than they were handled in TS1, but is it really worth it to start off short and expand later? It’s such a different situation than TS1 that really anything could happen when it comes to how extensions end up, so where will they go first? And when? I don’t think anyone wants to wait a year with the NEC in the background before putting some more track in on it, so hopefully sooner rather than later?

• Like Like x 1
  3. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

thank you user Jeannot41 for going and disliking all my posts - because I disagreed with your one which added nothing to the conversation - thanks you for being the staple of this community we deserve.

back on topic, im looking forward to the details that will come in just under 2 hours time.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

It was only a little humor.
    But at first, you do not have much

5. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

For those who still don't believe it is Newark to New Rochelle. Everything matches up perfectly between the teaser and the map.
    necfinal.png

• Like Like x 3
  6. HybridAlien

HybridAlien Member

What locomotives will there be do you guys think ?

7. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

Can only guess one with a high degree of certainty: ACS-64. The rest are up for debate and guesses. We'll soon find out in like 50 or so minutes though. Along with certain CSX locos, already in the base game, which will likely be usable, in this DLC.

8. NorthRail1

Definitely ACS-64, maybe Acela Express and maybe some new CSX locomotives. I doubt there will be any commuter passenger trains.

9. NorthRail1

• Like Like x 1
  10. NorthRail1

ACS-64 and re-used CSX GP38-2 as locomotives. Disapointed that there is just one new locomotive again like Rapid Transit.

• Like Like x 4
  11. NEC_Male_TC

NEC_Male_TC Active Member

I'm disappointed by this. But it's because it's strange, not because of something that is immoral or disgusting. In other words, this is a disappointment created by an oddity.

Honestly, if Ubisoft makes another Driver game or a Watch Dogs game set in New York City and the surrounding area, this looks like a railroad map of the railroad tracks in it. So I'd expect this is what the map of railroad tracks would look like in an open-world automobile-driving game like Driver or Watch Dogs, but not for a train simulation game. It's not just that the route is short, it's that you can't have any logical runs out of it from only the Newark Airport station to New Rochelle, NY since New York's Penn Station is a crew change point for all trains that go through it. Unless you had some really unusual circumstance happen in a scenario where you're taking over from an engineer at the Newark Airport station and get the train safely to New York's Penn Station because the engineer you're replacing had a medical condition like a heart attack.

My preference for all routes in train simulation games is to have complete subdivisions of routes so scenarios/missions can make sense. Guess my ideas for Train Sim World about having complete routes for it fall on deaf ears. [Shakes my head] Lame.

But I will say this, on the bright side, thank goodness it's not a section of the Northeast Corridor between Philadelphia and Washington.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  12. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

I mean I'm excited but at the same time there isn't a ton to do. Hoping to hear why this was chosen but I'll pick it up regardless. 20GB too

13. HybridAlien

HybridAlien Member

Kinda boring only 1 new train but I'll buy anyway

• Like Like x 1
  14. Th3Fl4mIng

Th3Fl4mIng Member

You know I'd even be kinda satisfied with having only one new loco since I really like the ACS-64 and would surely have a few pleasant hours with it. But I think that DTG should add something nice to those who (already) have all the other DLC's e.g. in heavy haul you have a few freight locos which would be compatible in the NEC, I think ? So why not add those to the DLC or in clear words make it possbile that already owned locos/emu's w/e could be used in new DLC's that actually run on the line to have more traffic?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Full price this time? Not a preorder discount? Don't going to pick it up then i guess.. not a fan of american railroad. And it looks a bit to few stops.. probaly wait for a dlc train for gwe then i guess

• Like Like x 1
  16. NorthRail1

I think the pre-order discount will start at 6 pm when the route is announced.

17. Typhomat

I already preordered.... at least I can return it if that's the case

• Like Like x 1
  18. Th3Fl4mIng

Th3Fl4mIng Member

Agreed full price seems nah I don't wanna to say too much, for sure there's a lot of effort in it but probably gonna wait 'til it gets discounted..

19. USRailFan007

Did the exact same.

20. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

5 of the 9 photos from the Steam Store page. ACS64.jpg AC64_2 (missing texture on left).jpg ACS64_Cab.jpg AmfleetInterior.jpg FreightCab.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  21. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

The remaining 4 photos from the Steam Store page. There is no catenary on the freight track on the Hell Gate bridge, but DTG put it in there.
    FreightLine.jpg FreightYard.jpg HellGateBridgeFreight.jpg NewarkAirportACS64.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  22. USRailFan007

Pre-Purchase discount is up @ 17.99$, rather than 30$,for those interested. Lasts till March 15th (date of release).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Will still wait for more screens or info

24. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

25. MikeForce

MikeForce New Member

Seems like Dovetail decided to shove Amtrak into a Rapid Transit sized box based on their steam store description. That is to say, they're going to pretend that Amtrak NEC service is a commuter rail line between New Rochelle and Newark.

It really is a complete butchering of the source material. I expect the timetable to be completely fictional as Amtrak services make up a very small portion of NEC traffic i.e. the NJ-NY tunnels have 24 trains per hour, only about 4 of them are Amtrak.

I'm also very suspect of how accurate the complexities of the Sunnyside area will be when much of it looks as the following:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  26. JackRyan

JackRyan Member

So yaj, apart for all this marketing, are you at liberty to tell us why this particulae route has been chosen?

27. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Multiple reasons, the possibilities for extension (which is a prospect we are very keen to explore), our familiarity with and knowledge of the area from previous work around there, our existing relationship with Amtrak and the resources and information that opened access to and it being one of the most requested lines across our community channels since TSW was first announced.

There's a lot more to the decision than just that, but all the guys in the know have left me so i can't give too comprehensive an answer.

- Jay

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Jay,

Other DLC is for after the release of NEC NY ?

29. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Tons of stuff planned!

• Like Like x 1
  30. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Yes i know but must we wait till after the NEC or not is the real question :D

31. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

That’s good to know! Is there going to be some video sneak peaks on the route soon?

• Like Like x 3
  32. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Yes, some video footage would go a long way in helping me decide if I'd going to get the route.

33. Lawjester

Maybe a twitch stream? I’d like to see them demonstrate the quality of the audio and we are yet to see how they did with Penn Station. I’m interested to know on how we’ll get from platform to platform at Penn because the only way you could technically do that without going onto the tracks is by going upstairs from the platform and walking through the terminal. I doubt they made the interior of the building though.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Will not be for now.

35. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to know if they made corrections to the many bugs.

36. Typhomat

If you go through the thread, you'll find your answer. Bug fixes are on the way along with this release

37. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Calm down on the video rush, there are still 3 weeks to decide whether or not to buy the darn thing and still get the discount. And then 10 years after that to get the route in future sales. Putting the judgement hammer down right now is not going to do anything productive, so why not wait?

• Like Like x 1
  38. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Who's rushing? I didn't ask for a video right now. :P

• Like Like x 1
  39. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Hey.. I warned ya. And you really have a huge dislike for DC to Philly lol.

However. I’m still intrigued by the look of the equipment, as I knew I would be. And I do hope that for you and all others who are less than pleased with the offering, will still throw your support behind it. As it is obviously needed in order for DTG to continue forward and producing more satisfactory content in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if i pick it up.. There is more in the pipeline for march is my understanding. And i really want to pick some DLC up for UK or Germany (i guess new trains for those routes will come out)

41. rare_common_sense

As far as TSW.. not likely. It’ll be about another couple of months.

42. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Working on it!

• Like Like x 5
  43. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

You missed this posts then?

• Like Like x 1
  44. Luke.Frederick

Luke.Frederick New Member

Bit disappointed there wasn't an Acela or P42, but I'll make my final verdict once they release a video :D

• Like Like x 2
  45. Typhomat

Well, from asking what was going on in the world of TSW, to today with the reveal of the new forthcoming route, it's been quite a journey over the last week and a few days. I never expected this when I posted this last week haha

After thinking about the route more, and as others have hinted, it's a great addition to the lineup. Is it short in some sense, absolutely. But it brings a lot of unique new opportunities too. The Acela could be released in hand with a route extension that makes use of it (maybe one direction, and NJT or Metro North content to help extend it the other), and furthermore it would not be nearly as complex in either direction route building wise. Many more stations for sure either way, but nothing super complex. Also, the Acela does tilt, which creates it's own challenges for the devs.

I thought I might have saw something recently about DTG hiring more staff, and it's clear TS20xx content is slowing down. I hope as a result we see more content and the library of the sim expanding.

I'm also excited because I felt TS20xx didn't do this route justice. To have the ACS-64 properly done is exciting, it's a great looking loco in my opinion. Amfleets will be cool as well, although they are shinier/more reflective in real life. The colors shown in the previews seem to more represent that of the Acela, which has an aluminum look to it. Reflectivity may be hard on FPS though, so could explain the choice. The sim is capable of it (looking at wheels and rails for instance).

I for one will be pre-ordering this, for $18 there is a lot to love, and a lot to explore. I know it will be filled with some bugs, but this is content I'm glad to see here. From here on down, beyond 30th Street, Providence, and Union Station (Maybe South Station and Baltimore Penn too), the stations are not super complex. Newark and New York are two of the most complex stations along the entire route. I expect in the future to see this being extended to either Trenton or Stamford, and possibly further. A lot of possibilities to come!

• Like Like x 5
  46. Lawjester

One should hope so! I do believe we’ll be getting more for this route in the near future, and I do not believe DTG will leave this route the way it is for too long. Hopefully we’ll see some Metro North added to the mix, definitely the LIRR at some point since they serve Penn Station all day and that was probably the hardest station on the LIRR to make. So the initial release of this DLC may not be great, but it opens up a door to some great content to come afterwards.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  47. rare_common_sense

It’s not the game that doesn’t do the routes justice. Because you have some really great looking routes on TS. It’s all about the amount of dedication behind the creation of those routes.

Given a proper do-over. A NEC route in TS could look wonderful. It’s all about the ones behind it and the amount of work and attention they put towards it.

The first NEC offering at the time seemed cool. But over time it’s shown it’s age. And later down the line. A lot of inaccuracies started to become known. That route is in need of a do-over.

• Like Like x 4
  48. Lawjester

I do agree with that, with what pictures we’re seeing so far it’s looking pretty great and I see pretty good detail. Although this wouldn’t be my first choice for DTG to do, it isn’t my last and I’m pretty excited for March 15th!

• Like Like x 2
  49. rare_common_sense

They indeed do look great. I can’t wait to ride the train as a passenger, and just enjoy the scenery.

• Like Like x 4
  50. Typhomat

This was one of the reasons I really wanted to see a recreation of PHL-NYC. It was really dated and being revitalized in TSW would have been nice. Although it would have been a route that existed in TS20xx, as you mentioned it had a lot of innaccuracies and really could use a proper re-do. The update released was great, but I hope this is the beginning of a complete reconstruction of at least a decent part of the route