Tsw 2 - High Speed Heaven

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 4, 2020.

1. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I cannot comment on the TSW2 version but the TS20xx version will not exceed 145 kph as the brakes apply even thought the TVM on Marseille - Avignon showed 300kph

2. deppalas

deppalas Member

Does the TGV not have working destination panels? Can't seem to find any controls for it, nor have I seen destinations written on AI trains. Also, no mentions in the manual.

• Like Like x 1
  3. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

It is there actually, the issue is that its an LCD panel that's incredibly dim especially under bright sunlight.
    The destination displays are not configurable by the driver (disappointingly), and are instead set automatically when you start up a service.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Just thought this is relevant to this discussion and people would find it interesting.

Here's a clip of an ICE 3MF at the german/french border entering France, performing the voltage changeover.
    Timestamp: 20:40 - 22:08

From the same documentary here's another clip of the ICE 3MF in action with TVM-430 enabled running behind a TGV.
    Timestamp: 22:48 - 23:55

It's supercool, hope DTG can implement the safety system and voltage changeover feature for the ICE in future DLCs.

• Like Like x 3
  5. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

I’ve noticed secret services coming out of Marseille not stopping at aix en Provence and Avignon but you can still drive them as far as Avignon stopping on the fast lines to exit the service

• Like Like x 3