PlayStation Bad Things Trophy (lgv)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mattty May, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I have now run the Bad Things scenario twice and the trophy for doing so ‘Battling the Elements’ has failed to pop on both occasions.

Reporting this now as a technical issue - even though other players have seemingly earned the trophy without complication according to PSN.

DTG Natster - Can this be fed back to the appropriate team?

2. gprili80

gprili80 Member

I confirm no popping of this specific trophy :(
    I think they have to check internally and patch it.

DTG Natster already said in the other thread now closed that they will look into it

• Like Like x 1
  3. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

May I play devil's advocate: They still don't understand the importance of trophies/achievements that work smoothly, without delay and from the beginning. And this, of course, for all serviced gaming platforms!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Indeed it’s currently at 0.1%
    Edit now 0.2%

tried just now, 200km distance popped during the scenario.
    Earned a gold medal for completing but no trophy for me. :(

(Random thought, why have such a low distance requirement on a route like this and some of the German routes need 1462km distance:|)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. gprili80

gprili80 Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I’d like to see how many people on here care remotely about the arcade aspects of this game (action points, medals, trophies, etc.). I think most people play the game for the sake of enjoyment, not completion. I’m all for getting issues fixed, but there’s a reason for these types of issues getting low priority. As for this specific one, I’m pretty sure I got a gold medal, if that’s what you’re talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I care for these! :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I very much care about them. Seeing as DTG has taken the time and effort to add medals and trophies to the game, I expect them to work. I’m glad I’m not the only one having issues with the Bad Things scenario trophy. It’s up to DTG now if and when they choose to fix it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. gprili80

gprili80 Member

UPDATE: I just did as "old fashioned way" from Train Sim World 1: disconnected from the internet, started a new profile and repeated the Bad Things scenario and the trophy popped right away at the end with no issues :)

I hope this is an isolated case also for other trophies of the LGV...

DTG Natster hope this helps to identify the issue (I'm on PS5 by the way)

• Like Like x 1
  10. BigH

BigH Active Member

I care. So much that i stop playing games when trophies don´t work or don´t buy sequels, when they don´t work in previous games (Tomb Raider, Mafia).

On console they belong to the package and i enjoy getting them, even more if some "skill" or quick thinking is involved. Not like the ones in TSW. They are unimaginative and mostly boring. There are so many possibilities to make interesting and challenging trophys with trains.

The reason for low priority handling by DTG and Rivet is probably because they don´t understand the importance for some players and it´s not being taken seriously.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The trophy for completing all 5 scenarios on LGV has popped - despite the bad things scenario trophy not popping, so the game clearly knows that the bad things scenario has been completed - it just hasn’t awarded the separate trophy for it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Just tried completing this scenario again to unlock the bad things trophy, to see if it worked after the latest update.

The trophy still hasn’t popped.

DTG Natster and TrainSim-Adam can this be added to the roadmap?

13. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

This has been passed along and will get looked into, unfortunately I can't promise you a timeframe for when that will be.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Thank you. I appreciate it :)

15. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

I have the trophy. Maybe a patch has broke it as it popped for me day of release

16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s never worked for me from day one. I’ve got the trophy for completing all the scenarios, but the bad things trophy refuses to pop for me.

17. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

I've had a few that done that.

Try creating a new in game profile and do the scenario again, it may work. It sucks that years later, DTG still mess up trophies/achievements

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Running 1.19 and just gave this another go. Not sure why as I ticked like on the dtg post above saying aware but no eta, worth a shot :D

19. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

just to give this a nudge.. A great triumph just popped for me also just now. So annoying it knows I’ve done bad things (who hasn’t :o) yet the popping still hasn’t caught up with itself.

This isn’t even on the road map to investigate is it?

Trophy’s not popping should be priority 1

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Update:
    Having played this scenario on a brand new profile, the trophy unlocked immediately on completion of the scenario. The trophy therefore works, but not reliably. We shouldn’t have to create a new profile for a trophy to work.

• Like Like x 1