Hma First Patch When?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by doublefine7, Dec 15, 2020.

1. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Hello DTG,

I think the title speak for itself. Since the release of Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg there hasnt been any patch fixing PZB, the very bad performance at München and other stuff like missing OHLEs. My question is: Is there any patch planned and why is there no mention of it on the Roadmap?

Like...HMA is a really nice route, but it needs to be patched. So can we expect something on that regard?

• Like Like x 15
  2. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Yes a bugfix update for HMA would really increase it's value by a lot.
    Two other concerns I already voiced here in the forums are the broken ICE destination boards and the missing double ICE services. Two things that are certainly not "working as designed". They haven't even appeared on the roadmap yet (or any other issue concerning HMA).

• Like Like x 5
  3. BinaryRun

BinaryRun Active Member

I suspect it will be updated when the DB BR 420 releases for HMA sometime in 2021. It's a pure guess, but they've mentioned on livestreams that they prefer to patch a route when it gets extra content so that players only have to download the update once rather then for every internal change they make.

Having said that, it will probably take a very long time before they get there.

• Like Like x 8
  4. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Remember that they are also researching how to improve the performance of this route in order to be able to activate the layers on consoles.
    If they want to release all the improvements at once we may still have to wait quite a while.
    From what DTG have said this is the most ambitious route they have created so we must have confidence and patience because I am sure that once fixed it will be one of the best TSW routes.

5. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

It's not the performance of the route we have to improve, but the way the entire game handles collections. Until this work is done we won't be adding extra layers anywhere. They're very straightforward to enable, requiring very little work, but were we to do so we'd be getting a lot of crash reports.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

That's comprehensive enough but the time that DTG takes to handle these issues is unacceptable. There's a need right now to have outstanding issues fixed on a more decent basis

• Like Like x 4
  7. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

I don't think OP was talking about the layers, but rather about things that should be fixed because they are wrong.
    One thing he mentions is the bad performance near München HBF, where we were told in one of the (pre-) release streams that that would be looked into.
    Another thing is the SIFA on the ICE which does not apply the emergency brakes when you don't acknowledge it. It even made its way onto the road map, only to be disregarded as not reproducable. All while it happened to Sam when he drove the ICE in a pre-release stream and Natalie in this stream:
    If someone happens to know the timestamps that would be great, I sadly don't know them.

• Like Like x 5
  8. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I agree. The amount of time to fix these peformance issues is simply unacceptable. You would think performance issues would be high priority to fix

• Like Like x 2
  9. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

You think they would just as fast to fix problems as some are to jump into every thread and complain about the company or route or decision that DTG has made. Now that is some excellent "feedback" service!!!! :) <--- Humor (sort of....)

• Like Like x 2
  10. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I just got it in the sale and I agree it needs patching. Specially there´s a lot of PZB errors with ICE3, including yellow aspects that don´t trigger any 1000Hz protection at all on the system. Also the display indications are not consistent with PZB. I have sent a bunch of reports these days.

The route is nice but as usual, signalling was not tested enough. You just need to make a full run in each of the directions using the scenarios to notice them... I mean it´s just 1h testing required. Why do we always have the same systematic errors in all DLCs? :( One is so obvious that just by launching the last scenario you will notice it. Signal ahead of you face is lacking the yellow aspect. It just gives the short distance indication. Required testing time: 5 seconds. I took more time to write the report myself than if you had played the scenario yourselves... Now Chris will need to read the report, check it in game, address it and someone will fix it. It´s a no sense chain of efforts for just a simple error.

TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2020-12-28 15-52-59.png

DTG please create a standard test protocol so that all features are tested properly, including all supervision features on the signalling systems and also check the speed limits and their announcements as quite frequently they have errors or the boards themselves are hidden by foliage or objects. Those two types of errors I have seen at most of the routes. They are systematic errors as a result of lack of testing, specially on the german routes which are the ones having the most complex systems.

If you don´t take care of this it´s a mess everytime new content is released and more work dedicated to analyze bug reports, so worse for you at the end.

Cheers

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 12
  11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

They do need a standardized test protocol as it seems they don't have one. We keep getting the same errors on alot of the dlc and this shouldn't be continuing to happen

• Like Like x 4
  12. Alexandreo3

Alexandreo3 Active Member

Is the missing yellow aspect on the LZB part of the S-Bahn?
    Because then it's not a mistake.
    They use smaller LZB partial Blocks there.
    Where you are only given permission to one of these one signs with the black circle on it.
    Then you don't get permission to the next signal therefore it can't show anything.
    So it gets disabled and to show that it's disabled and not just broken the single white light comes on

• Like Like x 1
  13. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

No, the LZB part of the route is alright, as far as I can oversee it. Or at least I didnt run into anything buggy.

14. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Yes is part of the LZB are (you can see the LZB cable in the pic). But if I´m not wrong there was another station after that point, as this is the scenario starting position, where you will switch cabs and return to depot. So at least there´s another signal after this one, before the next station platform at probably another one at the platform end to protect the exit block, but I can´t remember by heart honestly.

LZB works well. The only problem I found is that the brake application releasing is implemented using PZB override button in game. I think the correct way is using PZB release, as in the case of the LZB end transition.

Cheers

15. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

it is also the only dlc route without a manual

16. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Regarding the missing aspect issue this happens also in the Köln-Aachen route. In this case the signal does not give nor green (before train passage) nor red (after train passage). This happens in the "Snow & ICE" scenario in main line, with all signals clear before train arrival, including the ones before and after this one, in the LZB area as well. Only the small white aspect is lit.

TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2021-01-02 13-45-40.png

Cheers

17. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

That is something from reality though. When the white light is lit, it means that the signal is intentionally turned off (it can basically be ignored). Otherwise one would need to assume it is broken if not lit and stop before it. In SKA this makes sense at least, since this signal is close to others and probably only used if a train uses the turn-out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Thanks for explanations guys. This is something that, again, is not explained anywhere in the docs... :(

I did a test in Munich case using only PZB (so LZB turned off) and it still gives a 1000Hz magnet. So for game this is a stop announcement. What a mess to understand :o:D

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021