Ice 3m Kvb/french Safety Systems

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nberneck99, Dec 17, 2020.

1. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

After playing around on LGV for a while today I decided to have a poke around the DB 406 3M from SKA and I noticed that it although does have the kvb and TVM switches, the apparatus for these systems are nowhere to be found on the dash. It seems the cab is modeled off of a 403 rather than a 406 3M, and I don’t quite understand why if the train Is claimed to be a 3M as it has all the necessary pantograph, why doesn’t it have the French and Belgian safety systems at least statically detailed in the cab?

I have attached a picture of the real ICE 406 3M cab below with the international safety systems for reference.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. irFlouz

irFlouz Active Member

The ICE 3M we have does not have the TVM/KVB equipment because they do not have it in real life: the picture you sent was one of a ICE 3MF which is specially made for the traffic to France and therefore has said equipment, it is weird that DTG included the switches on the panels though...

• Like Like x 1
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I think the panel might be common to all ICE3M variants... just some switch aren't wired to anything to streamline production and avoid unnecessary complications

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

Even the pantographs on the BR406 don't work. Only the 15KV panto rises no matter what and shows on the left screen 15 KV AC on a 1,5KV line or a 25KV AC

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

As already mentioned, the ICE3M is not equipped for traffic in France. For the high-speed connection between Frankfurt and Paris, six ICE 3M were converted to ICE 3MFs. These had KVB and TVM installed. But with the arrival of the ICE 3MS, the 3MFs were equipped with ETCS which replaced the TVM on these units. With this conversion, the 3MFs returned to these same specs as the normal 3M. The ICE 3M are now mostly used for international traffic to the Netherlands and national high-speed traffic.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

Ahhh now I understand, thank you for clearing up my misunderstanding. So in real life would the 406 3M not have the pantograph option to run under French catenary?

7. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

It supports the catenary and voltages, but does not have the safety systems and therefore no admission to run on french lines.

The 3M and 3MF run both as BR406, they basically just differ in their safety systems.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  8. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Here's a clip of an ICE 3MF at the german/french border entering France, performing the voltage changeover.
    Timestamp: 20:40 - 22:08

From the same documentary here's another clip of the ICE 3MF in action with TVM-430 enabled running behind a TGV.
    Timestamp: 22:48 - 23:55

It's supercool, hope DTG can implement the safety system and voltage changeover feature for the ICE in future DLCs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

So DTG has to release the DB BR 407 aka Siemens Velaro! :D

10. Cloadmcally

Cloadmcally Active Member

I do agree that a high speed line crossing over a border (Germany to the Netherlands or France to Germany since they already have both implemented in the game) would be a great addition

• Like Like x 2