Tgv French Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WVUadam, Dec 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Is anyone going to buy the route.

What do u like about it ?
    What don't you like about it ?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  2. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

No ones bought it
    It hasnt released yet

3. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

4. Markerson

Markerson Member

I’ll be getting this route for sure.

Pros (for me). I love high speed routes. The safety systems look in depth with plenty to learn. The route looks really nice with the gradients looking particularly lovely. It’s long at around 100km if I remember correctly.

Cons (for me). Not all the safety systems will be in place at launch (the team are looking to implement these after launch). I would like a freight service with another loco on the route but I don’t know if the TGV is the only service that uses this route in real life.

I will of course be watching the console stream of this that will be coming this week just in case of any issues but if it runs well then it’s a day one for me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

PROS
    -I like how it’s bringing a new country to the list
    -high speed double decker train
    -I hope to see the TGV Reseau as future dlc for it
    -longest route so far

cons
    -only high speed use in service mode (Timetable)

I will probably plan on buying it at midnight launch

• Like Like x 1
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I won't buy it. It's way too short for the speeds

• Like Like x 3
  7. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Probably for the same reason. HST's are ok but with so little to do other than watch the scenery flashing by things do get a little boring after a few there and back runs. It is nice to see a 'not Germany' or a 'not UK' route but I personally would have preferred something with a little more variety and a lot more involvement.

• Like Like x 3
  8. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

I'm definitely excited about this route, adding an entirely new country to train sim world is very welcome and I fully support it. That being said, I will hold off for now. The release could be quite buggy with new safety systems and signaling. I am worried about the performance as well, especially for my Xbox One S. Also, I'm waiting for a TGV loco add-on to pop up on the roadmap because one train with A-B services does not contain enough value and replayability for the asked price (IMO). Considering the vast amount of dlc's coming up, I'll probably wait for a sale in a couple of months' time.

• Like Like x 2
  9. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

I admire your optimism :D

• Like Like x 3
  10. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

I'll probably buy it but be furious at how bad it is. I can't realistically expect this not to be a buggy mess saying as everything I buy from this company is incomplete at release sometimes (read frequently) to the point of not even being functional.

But alas, I love the SNCF and will see myself being tricked into buying this.
    I'm hopeful that in scenario planner this line will be like the Oakville Sub where the game mode has inactive stations along the line that you can actually use when making your own services. Maybe that will allow for some local commuter trains out of Marseille towards the suburbs. Or maybe we can make a MoW train to run some freight.

In all reality though it'll be 1 train in a straight line with way too many tunnels and only 3 stations...so yeah super fun! Not.

Also look at my post in the xbox section for the signal information for that line, it may be helpful if you aren't familiar with SNCF aspects.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

Nope am not getting this one. I like commuter services. Stop start kinda stuff. High speed a to b just gona get so boring very fast.

• Like Like x 2
  12. vogelm10

Well I did buy it.

It's actually more fun than I thought, however it is so limited the scenario planner has 6 options. We have a massive passenger yard, a freight yard, and sidings all unable to be accessed, however you can walk to them and unlock no trespassing signs so they in theory should be usable spaces.

Graphics wise it's working pretty well on my original xbox one. Way less pop up bookish looking from the last German line. So kudos to DTG on that end.

Basically they took a line with more functionality, stripped it down, and sold it to us as a new and improved service when in reality they aren't making anything new, just transferring things from train sim to tsw.

At least now they have the building blocks to possibly make a more conventional French line and given the excitement of having the SNCF from us it seems like we may get lucky and see more French lines in the future.

Overall I'd say if you want the TGV buy it on sale and treat it like you are buying a locomotive download which happens to include a route too. It was $28 and change after taxes with the sale.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Do the signs look that pixelated on your screens, too? 9ac4c9f0-d308-4d15-b72d-14166ee1483c.jpg 0d4bd084-3a52-4ada-952d-76d9a89efb74.jpg

14. vogelm10

Yes the platform gate does.

15. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Most station signs on a lot of the tsw2 routes are pixelated when you get up close. I wonder why that is the case

16. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

If anyone's still on the fence regarding the LGV route, I made a no comment run on it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

We could make long routes but the feedback we get is that users want more variety on routes with things to do. I'm sure somebody said this recently on a stream and he is right. A route without other services -regional or freight is very dull. Might buy if 50% off in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  18. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Why doesn't anyone get on the train? Is the Class 43 too high for the French Platform?

19. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

there seems to be an issue in general with passengers on the LGV route, It was mentioned on a stream

20. Yosh1saurus

Yosh1saurus Member

The route is good if you like high speed and steep gradients but if you don't, I'd advise against buying this and opting for something like RRO - the power change is a cool feature, but there's almost no slow speed things built in apart from the Depot Duty scenario and the Leave Depot timetable services