Scenario Auto Selection And In Depth Route Guides

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aufzug, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

Hey all,

1) I should point out that I'm playing on playstation. I love timetable mode, much more than most of the scenarios included in the routes. I definitely enjoy scenarios don't get me wrong, but it's annoying when on the menu screen when I select a route for the first time that day and I immediately get taken into a scenario. I want the ability to take this feature out, especially if I just want to do one timetable service or use the livery designer or scenario planner. You click on a route, have to sit through the loading screen, quit out, and sit through another loading screen; it's annoying. I guess it's incentive to actually play the rest of the scenarios but for me this feature just bogs down the experience.

2) I would love to see DTG put out in depth guides for each route and the locomotives. Not that you can't get a route down after a few drives, but I think each time I play a route I'm finding or figuring out things that I wish I would've known when I first started. For example; PZB and LZB I had trouble with before TSW2 and after the SKA stream with Matt and Sam, I had it down within 2 days. I would like to see a guide for each route that isn't just Matt explaining it all to you on a stream.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

1) You can disable this in settings. The feature, iirc, is called auto journey.

2) Afaik, DTG wants to create more in depth guides. I think it is on the roadmap?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

Can you disable it on PlayStation? Where on the roadmaps are the guides? The only thing I see have been in-game fixes and add ons.

4. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Oh, idk if it can be disabled on playstation.
    Latest Roadmap under "In planning"
    upload_2020-12-21_16-5-24.png

5. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

Yeah I'm on Playstation and I don't think there's an option, sadly. But thanks for checking the roadmap! I didn't see that. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I believe you can in the options menu. I know i have it disabled on my PS4 copy of TSW2.

7. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

You can indeed, I have done it. I don't know where but the option is there for sure, try searching through the menu and you'll find it. When I'll open my playstation I'll write where to find it :)

8. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

You guys are awesome! Thank you

• Like Like x 1