Xbox Tsw2 Has Taken Too Long To Start. (0x8027025a)

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Resali, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Resali

Resali New Member

Hi all

I love this game (and its predecessor), but it will not always start on my Xbox One X. It is pure luck whether it starts or not. I get error 0x8027025a and have tried quitting the game, restarting my Xbox, reinstalling the game, resetting my Xbox, but nothing seems to work.

Is there anything else I could try? TSW2 is the only game doing this. It has been doing this since I first installed the game. I have games on both internal and external storage, but they all work perfectly.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Resali

2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Turn off auto updates maybe. If another game starts updating this adds a lot more resource usage and can delay opening another game (there is a timeout if it takes too long).

Try keeping the game on internal and unplug external too. This error is not fully explained but I have had it happen to me with another game. It fixed itself after a while (I don't know what it did...maybe the files were defragmented eventually in the background). Could be many factors to this like an unresponsive hard drive or Xbox Live connectivity issues. It really doesn't like it when a game doesn't open in a quick enough time.

Hope the Series X doesn't get this issue with the internal SSD being much faster at opening games.

3. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

Have you tried a hard rest? Holding the xbox button in on the console when switching on until it switches off again.

4. Finlay

Finlay Member

Try entering the game , if there is an error , then enter another game , exit that game , enter tsw2 again , and that may work