List Of Top 23 Route Suggestions For Tsw 2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Nov 17, 2020.

1. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Lirr extension and Metro north I most likely would definitely love to see Metro north Harlem line or Hudson line or maybe a lirr extension out to port Washington or oyster bay since some of the the oyster bay track gose to east Williston.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

Lots of awesome scenery in Italy, unless you travel on the high-speed lines, which seem to be mostly in tunnels. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. mrchuck

Metro north is my pick but what metro north route would dovetail do will they do the Harlem route or Hudson line up to Poughkeepsie if they added Amtrak?

4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

One of my favourites, at least from the YT cab ride video, is the coastal route from Sanremo (or San Remo) to Genoa. Most of it is now closed and converted to a cycle track and replaced by a new line running in tunnel. However I've often thought viewing the video clips it would make a wonderful train sim route, but fiendish to build and probably need the combined efforts of a commercial level team.

• Like Like x 3
  5. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

For me I love the English and Welsh routes and will throw money at that if the route interests me. Sam said in one of the latest videos DTG would do longer routes if they were interesting. Why didn't they do the full GWE then and not just half, less than half?

I think the Tube is a lot of fun so I'm glad it made that list. It would be awesome for me to have the historical Liverpool to Manchester route with the 'Rocket'. It would be something totally unique and a bit of fun to see where passenger routes first started no?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Hudson line would make the most sense, since they already have route and locomotive data from the TS20XX Version on that route, and would be the easiest to make given the current world situation.

7. mrchuck

Oh awesome I would definitely buy the metro north Hudson line when it’s available.

8. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

There aren't many long stretches left. The WCML is about to be completed by Speedy Pete and the ATS team. Cambridge to London is coming, in duplicate, from the community.
    Though DTG would do well to check with Just Trains in case they're on it. But a modern GWR to Bristol and Swansea (linking with Bristol to Exeter steam version and South Wales Coastal) would be really good. 800s, 345s, 387s, new 165s. Maybe throw in Oxford and Heathrow branches or even link in with the superb new Berks & Hampshire WCML link freeware. Longer term, add Crossrail and an updated GEML with 720s and 745s.

And from North to South Updated Brighton to London/Thameslink/MML with 700s, 387s, EMR 360s and Corby extension. Danny's version remains a WIP sadly and is just a knit, rather than an update.

Oh and Trans-Pennine. I'm done now.

Big projects, loads of additional add-on options for DTG that would likely be big sellers.

9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Are you talking about TS? None of that is relevant here in TSW land.

10. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Ha, yes, sorry I was a bit tired. I'll do some editing when I'm properly awake.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

I’m a bit of a stick in the mud and prefer the UK routes above all else.

I have NTP and TVL and would love to see them linked together eventually. Adding the Darlington to York stretch and then going on to Leeds would make my day. The Eaglescliffe to Northallerton section would be nice but that’s probably too much to ask.

• Like Like x 2
  12. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

Woodhead line, BR Blue era, but they already re-did that one in regular TS, so probably not going happen in TSW...ever. Russian route would be something new and fresh for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  13. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

You could do March in Cambridgeshire having had one of the largest Marshall yards. I remember being allowed to drive a gronk when I was about 10 in the early 90s.

Leave to the east and you pick up the east coast mainline in Peterborough or you head west out towards manea, 40mph tracks on the banks over top of marshes, past Ely cathedral and into Cambridge. Runs passengers from Stansted to Birmingham and Heavy freight too.

couple links

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/66071-whitemoor-and-wisbech/page/3/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_TMD

14. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

[QUOTE = "OldVern, post: 218726, member: 22440"] Uno dei miei preferiti, è il percorso costiero da Sanremo...
    [/ QUOTE]
    Non è così difficile da costruire and someone have just built it for the old MSTS...
    E sì, averlo su questo simulatore sarà molto bello! Ci ho viaggiato 2 anni fa ...

It also beautiful to see the other side of the "5 earth", the Genova to La Spezia line.

PS: Sanremo, senza spazi

• Like Like x 1
  15. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

Looking at how ugly the texturing is on TGV, does anyone really want to see a Alpine route?

• Like Like x 1
  16. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

This route is beautiful.... unfortunately we may never get it because a) it's over 140kms, b) it is not in UK/Germany/US (or any of the few other countries represented in TSW/TS franchise).

This was fun to watch though. I would love to ride this route. Too bad they closed it. Replacing a scenic line such as this with a tunnel is just criminal. LOL Tunnels bore me. Thanks for this awesome video. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. OldVern

You're welcome!
    If I ever get the time and/or patience would love to put a section of it into TS20xx or at a pinch Trainz.
    I guess it may have been a bit of a safety issue with all the crossings and close proximity to the promenade.

18. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="dhekelian, post: 218731, member: 22836"Why didn't they do the full GWE then and not just half, less than half?

It would be awesome for me to have the historical Liverpool to Manchester route with the 'Rocket'. It would be something totally unique and a bit of fun to see where passenger routes first started no?[/QUOTE]

Strongly agree on both of these. Found myself a bit bored of stopping at Reading (especially as I grew up literally a few miles west of where the GWR stops in TSW), so I've switched back to the old TS for the longer version. Still feels odd that Henley or Windsor & Eton branchlines, historically significant lines and due to their location two of the only small routes that survived Beeching, have never been implemented, given they're 4 stations and a few km. Shame Didcot isn't on the line anymore, as it would make the freight operations more significant to have that loop. Just Trains have their full route but it's a few years old now and and update with the new stock and electrification would be lovely. Hell, they could even release Crossrail before the IRL line is finished!

As for Liverpool - Manc, the TS version of that did always make me wish for a termination at Manchester Central, a vintage route that feels a lot nicer than coming into that grotty extension of Piccadilly. The 80s Victoria in TSW is nice, but we can go further!

• Like Like x 1
  19. CalEl

CalEl New Member

In my totally unbiased opinion *cough* I would love to see this be done in some shape or form!
    I’m not as interested in more flat, high speed, getting from A to B routes. I much prefer some nice curvy, roller-coaster rides with awesome scenery. That being said I totally get that I am a minority here and that obviously DTG has to cater to the demands of their playerbase. I was just a bit sad Scandinavia was nowhere to be seen on this list considering the relatively few but great tracks we have.

• Like Like x 2
  20. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Still waiting for my Metro North Route, along with other Nyc Commuter Route, and NJ Transit Route, which we haven't seen for quite a while now. The last i recall was these been seen on only TS21. :(

• Like Like x 1
  21. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Great thread bump. Try not to post in very old threads, make a new one, thanks

• Like Like x 5
  22. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Yeah, would be nice to see that. I think they may be going through the list of popular suggestions slowly though, giving some other routes a bit of love.

23. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. I remember getting all pumped up when TSW2 had the GWE route in, my local route, but to my total disappointment it stopped at Reading so my local Station (which is one more stop on high speed) didn't make it in the game.

24. chieflongshin

I’d definitely pay more for ECML if it ran the length from kgx to pbo and beyond

• Like Like x 1
  25. trainsimfan94

trainsimfan94 Member

this year release with rush hour, the theme seem to be commuter rail. metro north, nj transit...

26. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

London to Brighton is the only route they deliver to us yet.

27. 1003523721

1003523721 Member

I'd like to see more German route in TSW

• Like Like x 1
  28. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Hopefully you are right, especially when their theme is rush hour. That's basically signalling more Commuter Train, along with other busiest train network route. I really do hope so, that i can see Metro North, NJ Transit and Acela, along with other NJ PATH and other Amtrak line added. :)

29. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I was hoping Poughkeepsie, cause that one of the line went on most and enjoy the past, especially at the last stop. Also the scenery on these route and so amazing. But the Stamford Route is also good as well. I can't wait to see what they are going to do especially for the Terminal Station. I will be so surprise if they make the Grand Central Central so realistic, and also where you get to explore Grand Central Terminal before getting on board your train. Any Line that have wonderful Scenery Such as Bridge Cross Over, tress, houses, building, railroad crossing, any route that have more scenery to look at, I Enjoy. :). For my Birthday gift, i want Sam and the dovetail Team to really take my route suggestion Which is Metro North, and NJ Transit Route, but mostly Metro North, which is tomorrow.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  30. I used to think like this, but the truth is that many people (including me) would prefer driving trains they know than trying out new ones that have nothing to do with what they already know.

I've tried suggesting Spanish routes a 1000 times as a kid, with no result, but now I have matured and I realise that you can either suggest a random route that nobody else wants to see in the game and get ignored, or add support to already popular routes for them to get bumped up even more.

If routes like Edinburgh - Glasgow or Liverpool to Manchester are so high up the list, it's only becuase many people live alongside those lines and want to see them in the game, not because they have any kind of impressive, new gameplay mechanic or incredible visuals.

Me, personally, I like London - Portsmouth, as I've been there many times IRL, but it is not my dream route, because my dream route will never make it into the game and I just have to accept that, and I think we should all do the same adn just enjoy what we get, which admittedly isn't bad.

• Like Like x 2
  31. jusmanak90

jusmanak90 New Member

I’d also like to see DTG adopt a bit of a Just Trains approach, with some routes being modular. Take on the long journeys https://speedtest.vet/ https://vidmate.bid/, but release the sections as separate DLC that will eventually form the full route.

• Like Like x 1
  32. chieflongshin

33. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

While this thread is on top again, I'd like to request that Sam DTG Protagonist or someone else at DTG would publish a new list, comprising of what currently are the most requested routes and route types. A lot has changed in the time between the publishing of the list from the first post to now. It would be really interesting to see a new updated list.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  34. chieflongshin

jolojonasgames , to tag someone type the @ symbol with their name immediately after

• Like Like x 1
  35. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

That's not gonna happen, because it would give a false sense of promising what's on that list. DTG can't even stick to its own roadmap (hence the changes between various iteration, making it progressively less informative). They simply can't aknowledge a list of most desired routes, unless they are almost ready for release.

• Like Like x 1
  36. jolojonasgames

I mean, it shouldn't be a problem if they put a very very clear disclaimer with it. But even then, community members do indeed have a tendency to see everything as they want it and every good thing as a promist.

However, perhaps just mentioning the list on a stream (like the original list that lead to this thread) could work. I don't recall that and this thread having any negative effects.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Although I'd like to see such a list, what's the point when DTG is basically ignoring our suggestions anyway?

• Like Like x 2
  38. OldVern

That's why TBH I rarely post any more in the Suggestions forum. I would imagine they already have a short list of what they want to do for the next several years, all subject to what the route creators want to work on and what's feasible in terms of research. Much as I yearn for something remote and Scottish or slightly less remote and Welsh, my gut tells me in all likelihood they will continue to focus on commuter runs with maybe the odd industry hub route (like TVL) thrown in.

Plus a couple of times now they have slammed the door on anything outside the current geographical areas, so even less point suggesting something from Finland or Yugoslavia!

• Like Like x 1
  39. jolojonasgames

Well, perhaps sharing such a list, and doing something like a stream where they talk about things that have been suggested, how they look at suggestions, what is required for a suggestion to be useful and informative and maybe even look at a few of the most popular suggestions live, without of course making any promises etc., would give people the idea that their suggestions are still being noted and looked at by DTG. Perhaps they could also give an example on some specific suggestion threads that were looked at, and what routes were decided upon because of these suggestions (i.e. the amount of suggestions for the ICE trains lead to us deciding on SKA for 2020s core release, introducing the first ICE).

DTG has said on streams that suggestions do get looked at and that at the very least the type of content that gets suggested gets taken into consideration when deciding on new routes. A 'suggestion stream' going more into the depth of this process could show the community that their suggestions are actually being looked at.

• Like Like x 1
  40. jolojonasgames

yeah, the suggestions forum is kind of dying out. Nowadays it's mostly one sentence suggestions that go something like 'please add train, it's my favourite'.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well most good routes already have been suggested, so no wonder.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Indeed. There's no point suggesting anything which isn't within DTGs very limited scope.

"looked at"... yep... perhaps, if it's a suggestion in one of the 'Big Three'...

Can't blame them. It's pretty pointless putting any effort into making suggestions anyways.

• Like Like x 3
  43. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

Australia is number 3!?!
    Good on us boys!!!

44. jolojonasgames

You do make a clear point about some frustrations, which I totally share (I have put a bit much time in suggestions myself, without anything to show for it. The only reason I do so still is because I enjoy making them), in regards to the way the community feels like suggestions and certain desires are listened to. I don't have a clear solution to this, but I hope that DTG at the very least notes this frustration and thinks about what they can do with it. The suggestions forums in it's current form doesn't have much real function except to give DTG a place to refer people who spam requests on stream to, or at least, it feels like that.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'd like to congratulate you, but it's totally pointless as Australia is outside of DTGs focus.

Frustration might be a good word for it, indeed. Hopes being smashed because DTG won't even consider anything outside of the Big Three.

Oh I do assume they know our frustration, but there isn't much they're doing about it. They keep on pointing to Third Parties, and indeed it seems the suggestions forum mainly exists to point everyone to post their suggestions somewhere DTG can easily ignore them, giving everyone a false feeling that they're being listened to, like their suggestions stand any chance of actually becoming reality...

Yes, frustration is indeed the good word. I feel it, very much...

• Like Like x 1
  46. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

I know, I am just glad we have a presence!

47. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Yeah, they never do things that have been suggested.
    upload_2022-1-11_13-30-28.png

(Yes, I know I've included a few 3rd party things, but still)

• Like Like x 4
  48. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Well, admittedly suggestions from the UK, Germany and the US might actually stand a small chance.
    The other 192 countries however... what's the point of even making a suggestion?

• Like Like x 1
  49. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

upload_2022-1-11_13-50-11.png
    upload_2022-1-11_13-50-20.png
    upload_2022-1-11_13-51-42.png
    upload_2022-1-11_13-53-9.png

I couldn't find any suggestions for a Canadian route before CNOS was announced.

50. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

To be fair a French route would entail building a traditional route rather than a dedicated high speed corridor, and the way they did the scenery it might as well been a german route after you get to the 25kV section. Don't get me wrong, I like the LGV DLC, but it's a 15km French route and 85km generic european high speed route, they didn't even bother to use new (more yellow and grey-ish) vegetation to represent the warmer climate,or set the lighting correctly (ironically the ECW lighting would have been perfect).

I also support jolojonasgames idea for a new list of most wanted routes

• Like Like x 2