Are Single Train Routes Really Worth Full Price?(sometimes)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, Dec 11, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Frist let me say if a single train route only has one type of train that different(examples IOW,Bakerloo?LIRR?)I know that additional trains can be added later but that cost extra.But if a new route has the trackage for something else to run on it,is the route really worth it without having a 2nd option to drive,just look at the german ice3 routes both came with a 2nd train to drive,so why can't the LGV route have a 2nd train included it would make the routes 30.00 price tag abit less painfull?I also note rapid transit was another route bearly worth full price when it's being sold separately.I'm also aware that the arosa route is a single train route but i supect there might be a extra drivable option not yet mentioned.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yes they do, for example the LGV because there is no other train like it, so it's "worth more" than the BR403 for example or the BR423.

Funnily enough IMO the TGV as a train is worth more than the two trains included in HMA.

Keep also in mind that for example I bough RRO after HRR, so I got TWO!! redundant trains (422 and 185.5)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If the route is specifically geared around the one train that is included and you will get a lot of use out if it then it can be worth it but it also depends on the actual route in question. With the LGV route coming up you are only getting one train but you are getting a lot of actual route for your money but it’s a question of what you can do on the route too. It’s not only what trains you get with a route but also the services that rely on trains you might already have. When RRO was released, that came with a lot of extra services that relied on content from other routes, so if you had those routes already, there was a lot of variety. RRO then added services to later routes. So in terms of apparent value for money it seems like you get a lot more. The LGV route doesn’t give you that, so it’s all down to how much you want the one thing it does give you and how much use and enjoyment you will get out if it, which is really what determines value in the end.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Sometimes. If the real world route only has one train it's excusable, but in the case of routes like the GEML for Train Simulator, one is not enough... especially if it's the wrong train.

5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I prefer route packs that come with a variety of motive power - in TS20xx Weardale is a firm favourite in that respect. Going back to MSTS also why some of the heritage railway packs - SVR, ELR etc. were truly great value not to mention the community routes like Mid East Plus and North Wales Coast 2 which were packed with traction.

6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

As is true of any product, the seller determines the content and price and the customer determines the worth.

• Like Like x 1