PlayStation Bakerloo Line

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SBos, Dec 23, 2020.

1. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Very disappointed to learn in last nights stream that we are unlikely to see the promised extra services anytime soon. In fact unless I have missed it then it appears it’s no longer even on the Road Map.

Whilst I understood the explanation surely at least they could do something about the lack of trains between Stonebridge Park and Harrow as you are lucky to spot another train whilst playing that section.

• Like Like x 2
  2. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

I think adding trains along this part of the route would unfortunately cause the issues described in the stream.

If a train is added, it needs to terminate somewhere and run back, they can't just spawn in / out at the end of a section like on some other routes. So, if you only ran them between Queens Park and Harrow and Wealdstone, you'd need to put the train into a depot or siding to be turned around for the journey back.

There are already some issues along the lines of the above unfortunately. For example, services that terminate at Stonebridge park from Elephant and Castle, require you to finish the journey by moving your train into the depot. When you do this, there's already a train stopped in the location where you're due to store yours. Adding more trains would probably not be possible as there isn't anywhere to store them at the end of their journey, and would most likely cause further issues like this or maybe even grind the whole timetable to a half.

3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It is indeed a shame which means we effectively have an incorrect timetable for this route. The bakerloo line does feel like a dead route aboveground with the lack of services and lack of passengers in stations. Not to mention the trains being too quiet. If they can't get all services for the bakerloo line working, then imagine what this could mean for future london underground lines or future potential subway lines like the MTA New York City Subway

• Like Like x 1
  4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It is disappointing. When the game came out it felt like they were very enthusiastic about expanding it. Even if it meant putting in a portal somewhere on a bit of track that wouldn't realistically be there, I'd rather have that than wait 10-15 minutes for another train.

TSW2 does need more optimisation as is obvious with SKA layers missing on console. I hope that doesn't go the same way as time goes on. What will be the solution...get our free next-gen upgrade or work done in improving memory of original consoles? I hope it's the latter.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

It is disappointing, since ive now completed 164/200 services given.

But it is still on the roadmap..... for now

• Like Like x 2
  6. tallboy7648

At some point they are gonna have to upgrade to next gen. Hopefully sometime next year

7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

At some point they will make the decision that no more development time can be used trying to get it to work and it will drop off the roadmap. They can’t keep working on it indefinitely.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. tallboy7648

That will indeed be a shame and leaves me concerned for other underground lines in the future and even maybe other subway systems as well if they can't get a fully accurate subway timetable in the game.

• Like Like x 2
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There is always the chance of them revisiting it if they can develop a better dispatcher system in the future, which I think they need to do anyway, and that would help all routes, but is essential for when trains can’t leave the map through portals, like this and other underground lines.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

I feel like the bakerloo line has unfortunately turned out the same way as lirr not realistic timetable and lack of Ai

• Like Like x 2
  11. tallboy7648

I feel like they will have to do upgrades to the dispatcher eventually as well

• Like Like x 2
  12. tallboy7648

That's unfortunately how it has turned out

• Like Like x 2