PlayStation Aggregate Industries Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by johnford, Apr 25, 2019.

1. johnford

johnford New Member

Hi all .. first post.

Love TSW but it can be frustrating at times. Have finally completed the Aggregate Industries scenario .. after days of trying. So I thought I might pass on my experience.

While the scenario is generally pretty straight forward there are a number of potential traps. I actually completed the game before I achieved all the objectives.

During my days of frustration, I prowled the web looking for some sort of enlightenment .. but none was forthcoming. This scenario was obviously causing problems with other gamers but I could find no real solution. The following might be helpful.

My first, and major, hurdle was setting the slow speed objective. Following the objecting and having put the controller in reverse the objectives then ask you to turn on slow speed which is the switch located in the middle of the left-hand console. After locating and turning on the slow speed switch the objective next asks you to SET SLOW SPEED. The required target is small button immediately to the right of the slow speed switch. Here is where I had the problem.

Slow Speed.png

The switch is small and hard to see. Once targeted, rather than pushing forward on the left stick of the PS4 controller, pull back. This should immediately confirm the objective and trigger the next objective which is to press the F1 button the ES2000 This little problem took me hours and hours to work out because sometimes I fluked it but did not realise what I had actually done.

The next issue is to be aware of the speed when emptying the wagons .. reversing too fast might actually empty the wagons (using outside camera to check) but the objective does not accept the fact that they are empty unless you approach at slow speed.

Check the map. Make use of the map as this will tell you where you are (the feet) and where your goal is (the star/target). If you use this information with the distance to the objective you will get the idea of how you are going to get there. But be aware of some issues. Where shunting up and down the yards the object may indicate that you are 5 -10 yards from the target but to get the locomotive there you have to travel backwards and forwards negotiating points to actually get to the target.

Changing points is best done using the map. You can zoom in on the points for clarity.

points.png

Zooming in will identify a particular set of points which you can click to change. A blue line will then indicate the route that the change of points will follow. In this particular scenario, there is an instance where you have to change three sets of point to get to the target .. like the refuelling station.

At the refuelling station make sure you drive the locomotive a bit further than the target distance as the fuel hose does not stretch all that far. Getting in and out of the cab half a dozen times to creep forward a fraction is tedious, to say the least.

Again, leaving the refuelling station and heading back out into the yards to couple up with another load of wagons entails opening and closing a different series of points. Again I utilised the map to achieve this objective.

After hooking up the objective asks you to leave the cab and head over to the dongas to get a cup of tea. Goody. But make sure you shut down the locomotive .. that is .. all the switches are off. Took me ages to work out why I could not get out of the cab.

Finally .. finally .. in order to actually 'complete' the scenario, you have to walk across the pottable huts. If you have completed other scenarios where you are asked to move to different platforms you might realise you have to shuffle around a bit at the target point to actually trigger the objective. It is only when you trigger this final objective that complete the Aggregate Industries scenario.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. kilroy126

kilroy126 Member

I can’t complete the scenario. There is NO WAY to set the points to join up with the cars to finish the scenario. Then I got a random SPAD failure out of nowhere. Extremely frustrating

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. johnny69wells

johnny69wells Active Member

Some ground signals, so just be aware.

4. kilroy126

kilroy126 Member

Yep. I’m still stuck. I get all the way to the part where I have to couple up to the cars to finish but there doesn’t seem to be a way to set the points to get over to the cars.

• Like Like x 1
  5. johnny69wells

Have you tried to change points on map?

6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Bring up the 2D map and from there you change the points needed to get access to the cars you need to couple up to.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kilroy126

kilroy126 Member

I’ll try that but last time I tried the points I needed to switch didn’t appear. Maybe a weird bug? Thanks for your help.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gronk Honker

Gronk Honker Active Member

One other thing to watch on this scenario is to make sure right at the start of the scenario that you’re driving the GWE DB Schenker version of the 66.

If you’re driving the EWS version of the 66 from the East Coastway DLC, you won’t be able to complete the refueling, so you won’t be able to finish the scenario.

If the game starts off by giving you the EWS 66, just reload the scenario. Last time I drove this, I had to reload twice to get the DB Schenker, but once that’s done it’s smooth sailing.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. kilroy126

kilroy126 Member

Wow interesting. I have had both liveries show up on this scenario but don’t recall any problems refueling. I get stuck every time at what I think is almost the very end of the scenario. You have to switch a bunny of points to get over to the cars to reconnect but it looks like there’s no way to switch one of the points that needs switching. As a result, I can’t get over to the cars. I’m gonna try this scenario again this weekend and see what happens. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gronk Honker

When you got the EWS 66, you probably got the EWS 66 from GWE (which I guess would probably work like the GWE DB Schenker does) rather than the East Coastway EWS. I haven’t tested it myself, though.

They’re quite different 66s from the two routes, you can tell which one you have by checking the computer screen above your driver seat for whether you have brake settings (ECW) or not (GWE).

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. kilroy126

kilroy126 Member

I just completed it finally! Had the DB 66. Don’t know what changed but thank you to all of you who offered help!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Gronk Honker

Great to hear, glad you made it through!

• Like Like x 1
  13. kilroy126

kilroy126 Member

Thanks Gronk Honker!

• Like Like x 2
  14. johnny69wells

I'm having a little trouble, reading the screen, Class 66 East coast way. Dyslexia so if any one can tell me how set it up, be great.:)