The Pelican

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Buynot, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

It's Christmas Eve everyone! Tonight marks the anniversary of O. Winston Link's famous recording of The Pelican. 61 years ago tonight, The Pelican roared through Rural Retreat, Virginia with N&W J #603 on the head end, and nearby church bells sounding in the distance. So if you want to spend Christmas Eve with a little extra Christmas feeling, sit back and listen to this excellent recording!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

Well, since Christmas has rolled around once again, I figured I'd just bump this thread back up to the top. Merry Christmas!

• Like Like x 2
  3. treid09

treid09 Guest

Thanks Buynot! Merry Christmas to you too. I’ve heard of that recording before but never listened too it. Sounds beautiful and whatever locomotive that was (Sounded like a J), was perfect for the scene. God bless

• Like Like x 1
  4. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

It's that time of year again! This year, I actually have something of my own to share! Using TheLocoShop's N&W J model and the VNHRR Springfield Line, I re-created the recording in Train Simulator. Feel free to take a look!
    There's also a little message I left in at the end for anyone who's been struggling to get through the ongoing turmoil that is 2020. Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like Like x 2
  5. treid09

treid09 Guest

Great video Buynot, thanks for sharing.

Thanks also for that message at the end, really appreciate it. God bless and Merry Christmas to your and yours.

• Like Like x 1