End Of Year Q&a For Train Sim World 2

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Dec 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

Is Sam's secret project a set of TSW2 t-shirts?

2. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

really??? that would be underwhelming

3. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

There's been a lot of talk on TVM here on the forums. Can you explain how it is actually supposed to work and IF it works correctly now?

• Like Like x 1
  4. karlo

karlo New Member

When will the new planned routes be shown on the roadmap?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

Like to see the Portals used in Scenario Planner

• Like Like x 3
  6. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

1-i saw in the survey that inplementation of random events (called chaos in Zusi) is under consideration. That would make me buy TSW2.

7. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

Knowing what you know now about the Unreal engine for train simulation. Would you still have picked it?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

Not sure if you are asking me or someone else?

9. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

Yes I Noticed the same when I got my series x earlier this week when I changed from one x.

11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

When will we get more than one save game slot?
    When will the sound issues on both the new and imported routes be addressed?
    What are the chances of a Ruhr "super route" merging RSN and the Wuppertal line?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

Will there be a possibility to connect individual DLCs that have a common part in the future?

13. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

Spawn time reduced from 5 mins to 1 min, sit on the station seats /benches lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Why is there no option in the pause menu to give up control of a service but a popup which shows every 5 minutes if you don't want it and basically never if you want it?
    As far as I can see the popup only has disadvantages: you cannot give up control at the time you want to but have to wait until the game feels like it and it shows up every time you are walking along uncoupling cars or looking for collectibles

• Like Like x 4
  15. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Can I add another one to my list please.
    When will the save game algorithm be fixed. Now found Rhein-Ruhr Osten will not properly restore a saved Timetable game. Information in the top left corner gone and all the visual external cues.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  16. stohbeule0

stohbeule0 New Member

Is there something new of Hamburg - Lübeck and the new german Locos? (Br 187, Br 232, Br 420, Vosloh G6)

Can you please use the BR 442 from Köln Aachen in the Timetable mode on Rapid transit?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  17. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

All these questions all boil back to my question. Do DTG still think it was the right decision to use the Unreal engine for the sim, 5 years on

• Like Like x 1
  18. birke

birke New Member

Do you guys have any plans to do any other American commuter railroads? Or sections of our long-distance trains? I would love to see the UTA FrontRunner!

• Like Like x 1
  19. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Another question - why don’t you guys looks into wang tiling? It looks so much better as you don’t get that ‘checkerboard’/repetitive effects with textures such as snow, grass, ballast, water and other things which cover a large area?

• Like Like x 4
  20. jamesonmin

jamesonmin Well-Known Member

what new routes are you willing to share?

21. JarkPomsky

JarkPomsky Member

Will you release any more TSW editions like TSW1, TSW2, TSW3, TSW4.... Abandoning technical support for older versions.

Or

Will you change or leave the name and develop the same product?

22. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

Will we ever see VR support in TSW2

• Like Like x 2
  23. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

The LGV railway line is absolutely amazing. Will we see an extension to Lyon?

24. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Hey folks, I'll work through these questions ahead of the stream on the 30th, however please note that questions about what we'll be doing in the future will likely be handled in one of the following two ways:
    1 - the roadmap answer
    2 - the question won't be asked

We know that you're really keen to know what's coming next but there will be a reality gap between what we want to do and what we actually end up doing. Until work on anything new is underway and the project fully scoped out we won't be talking about it.

• Like Like x 2
  25. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Well, isn't that the point of the Q&A? To know what's being considered and what's not before being officially released in the roadmap just the get a grasp of what we could expect before it's finalized?

Just sort of talking about it, "the problem with doing X is that it can't work because of Y, but we would love to push for its development because it would be a cool feature, instead Z is a bad idea because it's not suitable for our simulator" etc... just get a more informal "discussion" about various features, similar to the VR thread there was a few days ago, rather than just, yes it's coming/no it's not coming.

I understand if you avoid some question, even some of mine are pretty stupid like the Everlingsen one and the Ham-Lub, but the more "general" ones I think should be considered, I'd take any opportunity to learn more about how TSW actually works to "adjust" my expectations, and possible suggestions about the game, and generally I'm very intrigued by this sort of things.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Gswales

Gswales Member

Would it be possible to have some 6 car 166DMU services on Great Western Express in Timetable Mode

27. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

In addition to this question. I believe thta the scenario planner in its present state mainly is developed to keep off outrageous customers. I carefully studied thta data format as it is now visible and this does not help to believe you can develop this further to something we really will be happy with. (E.g. there is no instruction list, only a stop location list, the choice between passenger stop and freight stop is at the service level, not at the level of each individual stop (which amateur designed it this way?). How are you going to proceed with this? There is a long list of wishes and I like to know how you are going to deal with this. There is a promise this is the first step, now half a year later there at least should be an idea about the next step.

• Like Like x 2
  28. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

No, Matt said on one of his personal streams that there are no more 166s to use unless you make 166s that do not exist

29. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Why does the snow still disappear all the time? It happened in your Bakerloo challenge stream. What can be done about it? What is being done about it? If it’s just a rogue temperature value somewhere, that can’t be too difficult to fix or is it more complicated than that?

• Like Like x 1
  30. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I feel it would be remiss of me if I didn't ask, on behalf of all American players, why there has been such a paucity of new North American content since the launch of TSW2. I mention this particularly in light of the recent release of the Baltimore-Washington route for TS2021. As of the end of this year, we have 17 European DLC to just 6 American and 1 Canadian. Basically, all the NA content dates back to the original TSW. Looking at the most recent roadmap, this doesn't seem to be changing any time soon.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  31. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

Will the trains already in TSW2 be upgraded to have all the systems as it should have?
    EG: The BR146, 182 and 185 to have LZB,
    The MRCE units to have all the systems, even ATC and ECTS
    The BR406 ICE3M to really raise and lower their pantos according different voltage on the catenary. And also make it ECTS level 1 and 2, ATB, and if plaussible TVM and KVB to have some more fun in the LGV.
    All those things are really needed since I hate to use HUD. Making it more real as it gets becomes even more fun.
    The second thing. The LGV mediterranee: I would like an extension to Valence and Nimes. That means I would like the whole LN5 in one route. And if it needs to pay for that work on the extension, I would do that because doing a route in halves is quite annoying.

32. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

On reflection would you have made TSW2 as a separate game and ported all of the existing DLC over to cope with a UE4 engine upgrade, if you knew all the effort it would take just to establish existing content in TSW2 as it was in TSW2020? What lessons have you learned from this that will affect how you deal with future engine upgrades?

• Like Like x 3
  33. zannino#2757

zannino#2757 New Member

Tell us more about the planned arosa line. :)
    Will there be freight service with the RhB Ge 4/4 II possible?
    Will you bring additional Locos to the arosa line?
    Can we play the arosa line already this winter? :)

• Like Like x 1
  34. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That would be a question for Rivet Games.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  35. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It’s literally just because of the set minimum temperature being too high to support lying snow.

If you’re on PC, I recommend downloading Unreal Engine Unlocker. This allows you to set your own temperature in real time to support things like snow, when it would normally be too warm for it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. Munkey82

Munkey82 Member

First of all, I really love how far this TSW has come since the beginning and TSW2 has really brought train sim games to the next level. I really look forward to all the advancements that come with TSW2 in 2021.

For console controls, I really like the new format for consoles and don't want to go back to the old format, but would it be possible to add a button to turn the bell off from console buttons? This would bring up the possibility of adding button mapping in general to change what buttons do what in the game controls? This is especially needed on NA routes. I play on PS4.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

Whilst I have some sympathy for you wanting more American content, USA as just had a re-ash of a TSW route, UK content lovers are in a similar boat. I only use UK content and in TSW2, DTG have laid 14 miles of track, Rivet have laid 6 miles and both use the same locomotive, the result being I've spent £120 this Christmas on Armstrong power house and Just trains content for TS2021. DTG's loss is someone elses gain

• Like Like x 2
  38. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I have a few questions:
    Firstly, Merry Christmas to you all!
    And now the questions commence:
    1. Will there be any support for Raildriver/external controller support for console?
    2. Is there any plans for introducing safety systems like TPWS and the GSM-R systems on UK trains?
    3. Will the sounds be fixed on the preserved stock to fix the oscillating sounds (eg the Class 377 AWS alarm)?

• Like Like x 1
  39. Finlay

Finlay Member

Are high speed routes harder to develop e.g LGV Mediterrane or schnellfahrstrecke Koln than lower speed routes e.g ECW or IOW

• Like Like x 2
  40. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

Spawn on foot anywhere, as when train stations are close, so i can get exercise and walk down road to next station to catch train lol

41. Mark newman

Mark newman Well-Known Member

I like Better Play Station VR with on TSW 2 ;);)

• Like Like x 3
  42. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

London

43. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

A question for Sam. During the last roadmap update you commentated about the vast majority of user that never visit the forums, are not aware of the roadmap.

To make it even worse: about 15% of the PC players has not even driven a single mile in game, if I can believe the achievements.

Sometimes I see rather desperate questions about thing you really can find out. How can we (so not just you Sam) get in touch with those players? One thing can be that they simply get lost in the potential information sources. Do you ever think about that and can you share your ideas?

• Like Like x 2
  44. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I plat TSW2 almost daily. Also about every day I find one or 2 bugs in the game, even without looking very hard for them and I am not very critical. Though some things can be better, I do not want to complain.

But having a lot of background in IT, I think then number of bugs of stuff you put into production is at the high end and I think you could save a lot of money for your support team and you see at the roadmap how expensive bugs you find in production are. by somehow improve quality. Are there any initiatives to improve the first time right. Do you measure bugs? Is it discussed in the devteam how to prevent bugs?

• Like Like x 2
  45. knightovfun

knightovfun New Member

Can you please give console users some control over the pointer speed in the settings. Adjusting the train controls and points operation in its current HS modus operandi makes me curse a lot more than I would prefer to.

• Like Like x 2
  46. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

the ICE 3M does not run on LGV its the ICE 3MF

• Like Like x 1
  47. Maverick_ng

Maybe not, but what about into Brussels? They have something similar to TVM, or at least equip it with ETCS in any case

48. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

They don't have TVM, they uses: Crocodile as warning system, TBL 1(+) as stop system & TBL 2 as brake curve monitoring.

49. Maverick_ng

Oh well. I think is better to leave it as it is.

BTW i think the SEHS with the 395 will be really enjoyable cause the change from 3rd rail to catenary, MPH to km/h and AWS, TPWS and ATP to KVB and TVM

• Like Like x 1
  50. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I am very much looking forward to it. I've been pondering what DLC to pick up during this Christmas sale but there is not much left that I am really thrilled about. Instead, I am saving my money for SEHS because I have a feeling that it will be fantastic. I just hope that the safety systems work correctly as there is a lot of wiring that could go wrong!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.