PC Koln To Aachen: 80kmh Aspect Br 442 Can't Slow Down In Time

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by lykopotoboy, Dec 24, 2020.

1. lykopotoboy

lykopotoboy Member

Hello,

I am encountering an issue where going into Horrem hbf. I get an aspect telling me to slow down to 80kmh from 160kmh. With full brakes the pzb will go past the 23 seconds and go into emergency braking. This has happened on all of the Westbound time tables regarding the BR 442 heading towards Aachen. I feel there needs to be another aspect to slow down to 120kmh before hand. Then to 80kmh for the switch. So there is time for the train to slow down.

-Thanks in advance Noah!

2. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

If you begin to brake as soon as you see the signal, you can gain those 2-3 seconds of braking time that can get you to 85 on time. Otherwise, you can use the bridge as a "start braking" point: it'll take some seconds more, but you'll be under 85 on time :) PS: if you use the bridge, you don't have to go full brake, just slow down to 140 and coast until you reach the signal ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. lykopotoboy

lykopotoboy Member

Thanks for the tip, I will give that a go.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I agree with Trainspotter, this is not an error caused by the game, it's a the way that it works in real life, and you must react to adverse signals before you reach them. If recommend writing down stopping points and learning the route, that way these things won't catch you off guard.

• Like Like x 2
  5. lykopotoboy

lykopotoboy Member

Thanks! I will start doing writing down distance marker numbers. Once I get a rail driver I plan to do away with the hud. Since I mostly use it to see how much brake or throttle I am using with keyboard. I aim for realism, and I appreciate you guys letting me know this is realistic PZB behavior.

6. Glazier

Glazier Member

Yep, all along the route if you start breaking at ~480m from signal (as soon as game shows the aspect and you confirm its blinking) you can break with 80% force and still be on time at 85 km/h with 0.5 sec remaining before emergency break activation :)
    So even in rain you have enough time to decelerate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

You don't have to write them down for your own! There's already a guide on the TSG (Train Sim Germany) website with distance markers, stations, speed limits etc.!

8. lykopotoboy

lykopotoboy Member

No kidding, I will have to pull it up

9. I haven't been able to find the TSG website, would you be able to provide a link?