Route Proposal: Schnellfahrstrecke Nürnberg–ingolstadt–münchen

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lykopotoboy, Dec 25, 2020.

?
  1. Nuremburg to Ingolstadt 1st

26.7%
  2. Ingolstadt to Munich 1st

33.3%
  3. Just Nuremburg to Ingolstadt

40.0%
  4. Just Ingolstadt to Munich

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lykopotoboy

lykopotoboy Member

As a disclaimer I am from the United States, and have not been to Germany yet. So with that said my knowledge of the route is limited to what I can find on the Internet.

-About the Route:
    Schnellfahrstrecke Nürnberg–Ingolstadt–München is a high speed line in Bavaria, Germany that links the state's two biggest cities. It spans a length of 171kms or 106 miles. Top speeds allow ICE 3 rolling stock to reach 300kmh and 200kmh for the Munich to Nuremberg express. Which fun fact is the fastest regional train in operation in Germany. The route between Munich and Ingolstadt runs on upgraded classic line. Which allows for speeds of 160kmh to 230kmh depending on where you are at. Ingolstadt-Nürnberg is where the fun begins on dedicated high speed tracks. This section was opened in 2006 and is one of the fastest HSR lines in Germany.
    [​IMG]

-Rolling Stock:
    From what I can tell all generations of ICE can be seen along this line. However, I think the best option is to include for ICE 3 rolling stock. Specifically, the Br 403 that already comes with Munich to Augsburg. ICE 3 rolling stock are from what I can tell commonly used along faster routes. To my knowledge most "international" capable ICE trains like the 407 and 406. Tend to operate in Western Germany, but don't quote me on that. However an ICE 3 of any sort will work.
    [​IMG]
    The Munich to Nuremberg express uses class 101 locomotives coupled to single level control cab units. Which look similar to the older Inter City units, except painted in the Regio Red Livery. There is plans to replace them with Skoda units, but there seems to issues with getting them into service. At least from what I was able to see in English. Plus since there is a 101 on the way in game, it would be easier to implement the older units.
    [​IMG]

-Stations:
    I will keep this brief and mention the bigger stations. However all the stations can be found on the German Wikipedia page which I will link below. With that out of the way the 3 biggest stations are... You guessed it Nuremburg Hbf, Ingolstadt Hbf, and the existing and well modelled Munich HBF.

Munich Hauptbahnhof in game (Munich to Augsburg):
    [​IMG]
    Ingolstadt Hauptbahnhof:
    [​IMG]
    Nuremburg Hauptbahnhof
    [​IMG]

-Infrastructure:
    Since this is a Deutsch Bahn Route, it is powered by 15kv/16.7HZ over head catenaries. Signaling is you guessed it mostly LZB with PZB in some older areas. Tracks used on the Ingolstadt to Nuremburg portion are the fixed cement type. That are common on faster high speed rail corridors in Germany.
    [​IMG]

-German Wikipedia Page:
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schnellfahrstrecke_Nürnberg–Ingolstadt–München

-Considerations:
    To start off the biggest constraint to this route in full. Would be that at 171km, it would be the longest route to be released for TSW2. However Route Extensions in TS classic give us similar lengths. So in my opinion, to allow for profit and allow people to pick and choose the length they want. It would be best in my opinion to release Nuremburg-Ingolstadt first. Then an extension to Munich when or if feasible. I believe the Ingolstadt-Nuremburg portion would be the appeal to the whole route. As mentioned earlier for "base" trains. I suggest reused 403 and 101 with appropriate passenger cars. I also believe the Ice 1 or Br 401 would be a great idea for loco dlc. As it is the second fastest ICE trainset at 280kmh max operation speed. Last but not least, layers which include realistic and appropriate to region rolling stock for S-bahn, freight, and other Regio. Also keep in mind the high speed portion between Ingostadt-Nuremburg is hsr traffic only. So in order to make other services functional. It is needed to add the classic line or just make non hsr trains traffic only for that section.

-Why this should be included in game:
    I want to start off by thanking you for reading this far, and for the consideration. The Route will allow for us to experience fastest passenger trains in Germany. A lot of the rolling stock used here can be re-used allowing for more development time on route. Plus would allow for more layers to the already awesome Munich to Augsburg!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 14
  2. nsbtog18

nsbtog18 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  3. lykopotoboy

lykopotoboy Member

nsbtog18 Thanks for sharing the Skoda BR102 and double deck car information! It was briefly touched in my first post, but not sure if there was enough details to model them yet. I would be fine with including these or making them a loco dlc.The advantage imo to using this over the 101 is we get a new loco with the route. Which is a common feature I personally like getting with TSW routes.

• Like Like x 2