The Catch Can Someone Let Me Know If This Is Known Bug?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by Chizzckh, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Today I was fishing the Jezioro Bestii lake and I assume I came across a bug but just on the off chance it was down to method instead??? I thought I would run it past the forum to see if anyone can shed some light?

Looking at the initial peg selection map, I was fishing the right side of the lake in the southern most peg. I hooked "something" at very close range in the reeds to my right along the shore line. The fish screamed off North past the middle islands to the far bank (somewhere around 160 yards approx). The fish hidden behind the middle islands then swam left to right and back again constantly alternating between 160 - 180 yards and varying depths, also barely coming into sight past the island either side. This went on for 35 real life minutes before the line eventually snapped.

I am not new to Dovetail fishing franchises, so I would say it was more of a bug than my method but as it is a new version, thought I would raise it here. I was using the strongest line possible which was about 40lb and a heavy set up but at no point could I make any ground on the fish nor control where it was going. At one point just midway in the fight the hook hold meter went crazy and it drained about 80% of the bar before I could react for no reason I could see. This meant for 10 mins -15 mins or so at the end of the fight I was completely in the red with little of the bar left. That also seemed to drain very slowly even though at this point I managed to keep it out of both ends of the scale in what I will call the safe zone.

Anyway if a user or even someone from Dovetail can shed any light - Would be appreciated as it was extremely frustrating and I knew the longer this was going on that actually I wasn't going to land it. Wondering if its a line strength bug, like both Euro Fishing and FSW have had???

2. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

I also noticed this and have experienced it multiple times now it is really annoying when it happens, the arapaima in pearl lake dont do this so why would a 80lb catfish or a 50ish lb pike scream you off to nearly 200yds then go crazy and break off on jezerio bestii.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

What makes it worse is there was no way of stopping it getting there as even at max drag I could give it was still stripping line massively. Once it got there, again I couldn't do anything about it. It just swam left to right like it was on a rail way track. As soon as I made any attempt to tighten the drag it just maxed out and the hook hold meter drained further. Not like I was trying to rush getting it in, as I said this went on for over 30 mins. Sadly I've been here before both on Euro Fishing and FSW.

4. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi @Chizzckhm. Since my arrival, this isn't something I have heard of before so I do apologise if it is a bug that has come up in the past. I want to get someone from QA to take a look, could you please submit a ticket in the link below and fill it out with as much detail as possible so we can try and recreate the bug on our end.

https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit

5. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I have submitted the ticket as requested.

Also playing the same lake there seems to be a spot on the other island side where the fish gets stuck and the hook hold meter completely depletes in a second without anytime to do react. This has happened a couple of times and seems to linked to a zero depth reading along the bank line..

6. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Had this happen to me in both FSW & The Catch on Jezioro. Two spots in the same area in particular in the south end. This was in the Bayou/slough area & also from the dock (just 10-20 meters off it) fishing in the little corner. It is definitely an Aripaima that's the culprit cause I saw him on a couple occasions when he hit the hook. Probably a dozen or more times this has happened in that same area. I keep going back though because the fish are just so active in that location. Had it happen to me in solo & in multiplayer. My fishing buddies also have experienced it in that area as well. What the heck ya gonna do though. I think reporting fishing oddities like that to the tech dept is like trying to tell a mechanic your car is making a noise or doing something? If they cant replicate it, it didn't happen. But, if we don't at least tell them it's a problem, they can't even try to fix it. The Irony!!! Happy fishing

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Just stopped playing Rotterdam as every swim has some sort of snap off bug be it boats or pontoons. And then there are some pegs you can't even overhead cast because of immediate trees behind you. My least fav of all the waters just because of all the snap off points and it feels pretty souless. Saying that I can't seem to come up with decent tactics or swims anyway to up my catch rate. Probably doesn't help.

• Like Like x 1
  8. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Agreed! Rotterdam has too many snags. The boats, I believe the far end by the last bridge. 50/50 chance if you have a fish caught that runs the line past that last bridge you're gonna snag or break line. Either they run around that bend to the right where the boats are docked or they run it to the tunnels at the very end of the map & then it's more times than not gonna snag or break.
    The pike behavior in both FSW & The Catch really needs adjusting. As well as most of the Salmon, especially the chinook salmon! I've lived & fished in Alaska for over 15 yrs. Never have I ever had pike run line out on me like in these 2 games. The funny thing is the pike behavior is a lot closer to Chinook Salmon IRL. The coho should be a lot stronger, faster fighters. The Chinook should have trophys much heavier than 45lbs. A 40-45lb Chinook in Alaska is Average! Kings in the 70-80lb range are common every year. When you hook into a Chinook, you got a very strong, almost endless energy & endurance fish on the other end of the line. They call the Chinook 'Kings' for a very good reason. Maybe next fishing release from Dovetail will finally have everything they've been promising to fix in FSW & The Catch & all the glitches since Euro Fishing? Not holding my breath though! Based off what I've seen over the last 12-18 months, I'd be surprised if the fishing division at Dovetail doesn't just fold & call it quits. Wish the powers that be at Dovetail would divert more money & manpower from the TSW team to the FSW team. Probably will never happen though. A real shame!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Agreed. Still play endless hours of it, like I did Euro Fishing & FSW.

Some bugs are gsmebreakers and others you can live with in the main. Problem is a lot or the game breaking ones have been present from Euro Fishing.

The whole fish fighting mechanic is difficult to get right just in terms of game play and then real life adds more difficulty. The problem you have is too long a fight and it gets kind of mundain and too short has a negative effect too. Have to say fishing on some waters and catching say a Siam Carp for instance, the fight is too long and the fish fighting mechanic doesn't need much more than holding the reel in button down and just wait for it to finally tire. On the other side of things you have the Pacu which are horrendous to catch. 10lb fish has you all over the lake and peaking and bottoming out your hook hold meter. Hate catching them.

I do worry whats going on as we haven't even seen the usual DLC every other week from Dovetail or any updates/fixes either. There was an old PC game from yesteryear called Fishsim 2. It nailed the fishing sim experience perfectly. Users could add all sorts of species, venues and baits. They were ranked in difficulty, so 8f it was a hard venue it really was. Remember fishing a venue called Silirus, literally left my bait in for 5 hours real time to catch a then extremely difficult Wels of 150lb. You could leave the game running on your PC and when you got a bite the icon in the bottom bar would flash.

If they looked back at that game and used just a few ideas from it. They would be on to a winner.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Another weird bug to just throw out there.

Fishing Bestii bottom right map. Ledger out on gravel, rod 1. Bite indicator goes and pick up rod only to find the drag has reset to zero. I try to increase the drag but every time I do so it goes from zero to one and back again. While this is happening the hook hold meter is showing a constant flashing exclamation mark but full hook hold bar. Continue to try to increase the drag but it still won't go any higher than one then returns to zero. Pretty quickly the fish snaps off.

Anyone had this before?

11. fredblogs487

fredblogs487 Member

did not see this thread i complained about these problems somewhere else,was told to submit a ticket which i did came back with invalid something, what a waste of time,same as i try to do dovetail live invalid this, error that. i'm surprised i can post in these forums.

i have a short video clip losing a fish at jezerio on the ps4, behind an island, just waiting until i lose one going out 200+ yrds and get a vid of that, so i can put it on the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

If you let me know what issue you are having with the ticket site then once the team is back in the office we can help.

13. fredblogs487

fredblogs487 Member

when i submitted the ticket i chose department ( the catch carp and coarse ) the blue dot came up in that . next i chose for platform playstation 4, it showed playstation 4. next i put a title for subject in your message, and then wrote the message in the box.And last i ticked the box to agree kayako to use my data,and pressed submit. .. i think it said in a red box across the top of the screen sorry invalid department, it was invalid ( something ) as far as i am concerned i filled it out correctly and it should have gone through without any errors.

14. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi fredblogs487, thank you for letting me know. When our team is back in the office after the break I will follow up with them and see why this might be happening.

15. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi fredblogs487, are you attaching a video to this? The one you mentioned in your thread here?

If so then chances are the large file size is the issue. The best thing to do is to upload this to YouTube as an unlisted video and supply a link. If you are unable to do that, then no worries, just give as much info in the ticket as possible. Thanks