What Can I Now Do In Tsw2?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by 749006, Dec 23, 2020.

1. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I have had TSW from not long after release and I purchased a number of add-ons.
    GWE, NTP, TVR, WSR are the UK ones along with a number of locos/units.

I'm thinking of purchasing TSW2 but I would like to know if I can run those routes in TSW2 - have they been brought across and do they work?

Are you still restricted to the same locos and scenarios as TSW or can you change the motive power?
    Can you do a Free Roam (or equivalent) on these routes?
    What can I do in TSW2 on these routes that I could not do in TSW?

I'm not interested in walking around fixing posters and collecting things

Peter

2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The only new things added for tsw2 are a livery designer in which you can make your own liveries, scenario designer in which you can make your own scenarios (well it's more like a quick drive from point a to b with the ability to add whatever train you want in that your scenario) and adhesion physics which affect the handling of the train if it's raining. It's the same locos from tsw to tsw2 as part of the tsw2 preserved collection which is trains and routes from tsw2020 to tsw2 however all of them barring the 43 and 166 have sound issues. Most have texture problems as well and some routes came in a worst state which is a joke in my opinion. I would say buy tsw2 if your intrested in the three new routes but preserved collection is a mess at this point and dtg are really taking their time to fix the issues

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You may want to read the TSW2 Starters Guide. It gives a lot of answers on what you can do with TSW2 and whether you need to buy it or not.
    Download it here:

https://www.hollandhiking.nl/trainsimulator

Very in general, there are a number of improvements You get free copies of most DLC you already own. Development on TSW2020 is discontinued.

Is it urgent to switch? No, but if you like TSW, you want to do it at some moment., but you can wait till you see some DLCs you really like as well.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Thanks tallboy7648 & Rudolf
    I had given up playing TSW2020 as it got boring not being able to do anything different
    So I will wait until DTG fixes the GWE and NTP before spending any more on it

There is nothing in TSW to make me want to switch at the moment - no UK route apart from the Tube
    So I will stick with TS2021

Peter

• Like Like x 6
  5. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

well the next upcoming route will be the Southeastern High Speed: London St Pancras - Faversham which includes 2 locos with an add on for another loco along the way

6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It's my pleasure Peter. GWE is fine but the 43 is underpowered

7. hightower

hightower Guest

A fix for that is imminent, something got lost in translation during its porting into TSW2.

749006, Given TSW2 is currently on sale for £16.24 what have you got to lose? TSW2 is what you’ll need going forward and although at the moment it’s a bit 2 steps forward 1 step back, it is worth it. The sound changes on GWE alone are a big change, and for the first time in TSW history DTG have a team almost entirely devoted to bug fixing and improving ‘older’ content.

3 routes for £16 - you’d be mad not to to be honest.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I agree with Hightower. It’s a bargain at the current price.

It depends a lot on how much things bother.you. Yes there are sound issues and other bugs, but they are being addressed a lot more openly and quickly now.

Personally, I haven’t found anything game breaking yet (I have all the European content). But I don’t let the fact that a train is a bit quiet or that it has the wrong horn bother me. I just like to drive them. But as can be seen every day here, one persons minor issue is another person’s game breaker. So really best to watch some YouTube videos and see what you think.

In my opinion the last 2 Route DLC’s have both been very good. Especially München Augsburg (but I may be biased as it’s only a couple of hours away and I‘ve been there a few times).

The scenario planner is good fun. It’s very basic, but particularly with off the rails mode, it definitely adds enjoyment.

I‘d say it’s well worth picking up in the sale.

• Like Like x 3
  9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Apart from improving the sounds on GWE have they fixed the Signal Errors where Flashing Yellows and Approach Control was not in the TSW version? No point in having something looking pretty and sounding nice if it does not work correctly.
    So the German one looks good and is not one from TS20xx - Unlike Munchen - Augsburg or the LGV route

The US route might be ok but I don't have much interest in US freight workings
    And the UK route is a trip on an Underground train with nothing else to see

Plus it will be on Sale again at some point.
    I know of the two Emus 375 & 395 - which locos does it come with?

Peter

10. hightower

hightower Guest

It’s not my/our job to sell it to you & there’s plenty of footage and reviews on YouTube.

It’s your call at the end of the day. If you don’t want to buy it don’t buy it. If you do then do.

There’s not much else to say is there?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Gustavo - The RailWorker

Gustavo - The RailWorker Member

Something I read is that train sim world 2 will have multiplayer but it’s not yet implemented into the game.

But it will have.

12. Knightfire1964

i wouldn't say will. they have mentioned it before but i saw a poll someone had made and a majority said no for multiplayer

13. Knightfire1964

i think depending on what the survey shows that dtg have made and how many people wanting it will dictate how soon it will come

14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Peter wants to know what he can do in TSW2 now, not what he might be able to do in a couple of years time, so all talk of multiplayer is irrelevant to his needs and therefore this thread.

• Like Like x 4
  15. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

TSW2 is more of the same but better.
    Only buy it if the gameplay attracts you.
    I bought it and am happy with it.
    Ymmv.

16. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Off the rails mode is fun, if you want to try something out of the ordinary.