South Western Railway (swr) / South West Trains (swt) Network Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by markhazeldine, Dec 27, 2020.

1. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

The Portsmouth Direct Line in TS2020 was one of the best addons for that sim and is close to my heart as I've lived all my life on the South Western Railway/South West Trains network, in 3 different locations. As Waterloo is the busiest station in the UK and Clapham Junction is the busiest by train movements, TSW needs at least one route that features these two stations. I would be more than happy to see an updated version of the Portsmouth Direct Line, but it would also be nice to have some other routes, either as different DLCs or one giant one, or one that comes in different phases that eventually all link together if you buy all the parts.

Routes I'd like to see:
    Waterloo to Portsmouth Harbour
    Waterloo to Guildford via Cobham (could also include Dorking and Chessington lines for extra variety)
    Waterloo to Reading + Windsor & Eton Riverside (could include the Hounslow Loop)
    Waterloo to Shepperton (could include the Kingston Loop)
    Waterloo to Southampton + Salisbury via Basingstoke
    Waterloo to Alton (could combine as a branch either with Southampton or Portsmouth route)

A South West London Network would be quite cool also, like we had the South London Network in TS. This could feature all the loops and branches:
    Kingston Loop
    Hounslow Loop
    Chessington Branch
    Shepperton Branch
    Hampton Court Branch

There's umpteen ways you could split this up into smaller chunks, but it would be nice to have more than just the Portsmouth route we had before, and especially nice if buying several DLCs could then join up together and allow for more diverse route and rolling stock options and it would make the lines feel very busy to have lots of AI trains

Rolling stock wise, I'd like to see:
    Class 444 Desiro (Portsmouth/Basingstoke)
    Class 450 Desiro (all over)
    Class 455 (commuter routes)
    Class 701 (commuter routes, to replace the 455)
    Class 458 (Windsor/Reading)
    Class 159 (Salisbury route)
    It would be cool to have both SWT and SWR liveries.

• Like Like x 2
  2. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Heya. I appreciate the Info and varied suggestions within this. I personally would love to see the PDL the most out of your suggestions, due to how varied the route is.

Picture of PDL Route Map for context:
    [​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/b104f91d528ce0d866d8a20c1fa7bf2a

3. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

Yes, the PDL is probably the main one, which is why it was done before and why I put it first, although I hope DTG doesn't make the mistake of starting it a Woking again like they did in the original TS version. If it doesn't start at Waterloo it would be a crime!