Regrets And Disappointments

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by elvescast, Dec 17, 2020.

1. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

So I purchased the LGV route today as I love high speed rail, my first thought is how bland the line is. I knew it was made specifically for high speed however there is nothing, no flying through towns and cities.

I knew that there was only going to be 3 stations however the 2 stations are just pass through station's and have no character, just 2 lass through lines with the stopping line and straight bland platforms at each side.

I'm not going to lie I haven't given the TGV a proper go yet but I am regretting my purchase.

This brings back memories of purchasing Rhine Ruhr Osten about a month ago which didn't provide what was promised.

I wish I could have my money back for both these routes which is strange because I like to support this game.

I dont have anymore I can say but be careful about what's promised and dont buy routes without careful consideration, it has made me reconsider my plan of all DLC.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

I was hoping I wouldn't have to read threads like this, this time round. But glad I waited, won't bother buying this DLC I'll wait until HS1

• Like Like x 4
  3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I don't have any regrets with RRO. It's pretty good and one of my favourite routes. I can see how LGV may be underwhelming though with just high speed and a few stations.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

This is what some of us have been saying for the last week. There isn't gonna be much variety on this route and it will probably get boring and "repetitive" quickly.

Also, there was a thread talking about how some of the scenery was actually inaccurate.

After hearing all the things I've heard today about this route in terms of it feeling "boring" or "not much to do", I really think I won't be getting it. I already have SKA and HMA for High Speed and I definitely plan on getting SEHS.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t know why the OP considers RRO bland and boring? There is plenty to do and see and two different paths to take to keep things interesting.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. ZeenozPlays

My only issue with the route is that they didn't complete the S8/9 Lines, and you can't interchange rolling stock. (I wanna use a 423 on RRO, even if it isn't ultra realistic)

• Like Like x 1
  7. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

I think this is why it's a good idea to watch the live streams before the release of a route. The developers show the whole thing so you can get an idea about what to expect. I was very interested in LGV myself, because finally a route that's not from the usual three countries. I agree that this route is not the most varied, but I love the train itself and enjoy driving it quite a lot. All I can advise the OP is to watch the developers' streams to decide whether or not to get a given route.

• Like Like x 5
  8. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Sheeeez. Just bought it have downloading as we speak. My main reason for doing it even knowing I'll be mad is because I think with scenario planner I should be able to do some cool stuff. Plus I am a sucker for anything SNCF!

Here is to hoping scenario planner saves this...I think it will.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  9. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

But which promise was not hold with RRO? A bit short in length but it has good (and accurate, I live close to it!) scenery, good choice of trains (even better with additional layers), freight and passenger.

LGV while not having purchased it, from the streams I got confirmed that it would be exactly what I imagined. You can't blame the route for the stations and regions it runs through, apart from what was said here on other threads it is representing the line pretty well.

So I can understand when you say the route feels bland, but I just don't see where you did not get what was promised? Because in my eyes the route delivers exactly what was prmosed - and that is also why I did not buy it yet :D

• Like Like x 4
  10. ZeenozPlays

What additional layers were on RRO?

11. mclitke

The most common you will see are regional services pulled by the 146.2 or 143 with dostos, and DB BR 155, 182, 185.2 and 143 will occasionally switch in for the MRCE loco for freight.
    But honestly, just the regional services alone bring the part between Wuppertal and Schwelm to life, occasionally you overtake each other in the S-Bahn. It is just nice becasue they use other rails than the S Bahn ones so you don't end up blocking each other.

• Like Like x 1
  12. vogelm10

K....so if anyone was like me thinking the scenario planner was going to open up more options on this line get ready to be super disappointed.

Even though we pass a few stations along the way and there is a nice yard, we have only 6 locations to choose from. Out of 14 platforms at St Charles, we get 2, we get 2 platforms at Aix (eeks) en Provence and 2 at Avignon. It sucks because you can roam on foot to all these neat yards and sidings that have manual switches, must be leftover from the other version of this, just a shame we can't use them though.

Let me say that this was basically a locomotive add on for me, the map is really cool actually, just it's so frustrating seeing these amazing yards and sidings and knowing the only signal aspects we ever will see are clear signals (if leaving St Charles) and we'll never be able to do commuter or shunting.

I'll tell you what is a good thing though, this map has had a lot of hype and DTG can see that the inclusion of French lines is very popular. Hopefully this means that we will start seeing France become a common country for add ons down the road. There are some sick lines in that country as well as really interesting rolling stock. They have the license, they have the signals built and figured out, they have the signs. They have all the building blocks ready to go.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This is what bespoke high speed rail routes are like. I don’t know what else you would have been expecting. This DLC is all about the train. The route was never going to be anything other than a functional place to drive it. Get as much out of the train as you can, and in future try to watch the live streams, where you can see pretty much exactly what you are getting.

As for RRO, they promised a route between two cities with two paths, one for freight and express passenger (with other DLC if you have it), and one for S-Bahn services. It has well modelled scenery and good trains with the kind of services you would see on the real line. It’s a good DLC and they didn’t promise anything they didn’t deliver.

The problem isn’t with what is promised (that was only an issue with the extent of the industrial area in the Oakville route, which they initially implied was much bigger than it is by showing huge areas of track that weren’t actually accessible) and more with your expectations. Do be careful when buying DLC in the future but you can’t blame DTG for overpromising on DLC content. They tell you, and show you, exactly what you’re getting.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Downloaded it today and so far I enjoy it, the scenarios are interesting to play and the train runs very well on the base Xbox one. Wish they extended the route to Lyon and have more mileage that way.

• Like Like x 1
  15. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

I admit it's my own fault with the TGV route, I knew it was a dedicated high speed route which I'm normally a fan of.

I should have watched the stream, I just not really into streams myself, therefore I can only blame myself.

Hopefully when I start driving the TGV Duplex I'll feel different.

On to RRO on that route I got the impression it was a city route which weaves back and forth w
    Passing the suspended train, I haven't seen the suspended railway when I been on that route, maybe I'm to busy with the control at the time I dont know.

The RRO is a split route with a long section for freight with limited stations and the other route is a S route with multiple stops.

On this route I guess I was expecting something more like LIRR as a city route, I also feel a bit let down with me already having the trains on the route (class 422 class 185) which lowered the value.

• Like Like x 1
  16. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

One assumes if there switches and "toys" that we cant currently use...our friend patience maybe required? One must assume in the next 12-18 months that a loco pack will appear for us to be able to use these toys? The developer wont have gone to town spending hours putting things in...if they are not going to be used?

• Like Like x 1
  17. mclitke

Okay regarding RRO I can relate to the issue with the trains, the 422 is the same as on HRR and the 185.5 is only ever so slightly different (although I like the black coloring and the fact that it has 4 pantographs)

Of course as non local you couldn't know that the Schwebebahn will never cross the rails. But the Schwebebahn tracks are recreated quite accurate. When you go from Wuppertal Hbf to Wuppertal oberbarmen, you can see the Schwebebahn at different places. There are even some wagons moving on it, even though quite slow and irl in double traction and connected, but that is nitpicking. At Oberbarmen is also the big depot building right next to the tracks, on the left if you are going eastbound.

It is absolutely a city route. There are several stops withing Wuppertal (and honestly there would be even more if the route did continue to the west), same with Gevelsberg which has several stations.

But you have to remember that this is a completely different part of the world, in Germany you will find alot of trees and green overall, even routes or places that we call cityscapes are usually quite lush around railway tracks.
    Considering that North Rhine Westphalia and the region around Wuppertal, Köln and Düsseldorf is one of if not the densest populated regions in Germany, the fact that you will still travel through alot of landscapes and vegetation is quite remarkable in my humble opinion.

Of course that won't change anything if you are not happy with what you bought - but it shows that it is important to get a good look on these things before you should buy it. If streams are not your thing you could watch it back lateron instead of live, so you can skip forward what does not interest you. Or ask for feedback on the forums first, people here give a great look into what you can expect from a route.

• Like Like x 3
  18. vogelm10

They have unusable switches and tracks on all their lines, some of which have been out for years now. They aren't going to magically allow us to access them sadly. This was simply taking an old route with more features, slimming it down for the new game, and releasing it as if it was new. You can see from the original game that there are commuter trains on this line using stations (which are all covered with grass texture in this release) and other examples of them cutting back on the content.

We've been asking for more options ever since this game was released, and I guess they say they are going to give us more platforms but that's not really addressing our issue.

• Like Like x 1
  19. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

Yes that's very true, that's why I also admitted it's my own fault for not checking the route out first or asking opinions.

When u was considering wether to buy the baby bullet I ask for opinions first I think I should have done the same.

Thanks for the info on RRO, just to say but not as a criticism I dont plan on getting a refund for the TGV just like I didn't with the RRO.

• Like Like x 1
  20. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The tgv route is pretty bland and pretty short. It will get boring very quickly as well if I actually bought it. I didn't buy it simply because it was too short for the speeds. I'm kinda tired of getting high speed routes where we can only use the high speed train for around 30 minutes. The game time to use a high speed train should be an hour or more. It's nice we got a new country but I would've preferred dtg did marsaille to Lyon like they did in ts2021 instead of Marisaille to Avingon.

• Like Like x 3
  21. eire007

eire007 Active Member

High speed are always boring, no idea what makes them focus on these routes. Laziness??? Quick $$$??

Edited by DTG Natster - Watch your language.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  22. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Actually I found the route and track layout itself quite interesting, the up/down gradients and long banked curves are pretty cool to drive, especially since it's the first time we are travelling at those speeds, also, as said before I don't know what else you could expect from a purpose built HSR.

Since you mentioned RRO I would like to highlight the amazing track work on LGV it has much more aggressive gradient changes you take at much higher speeds but, unlike RRO it's much smoother you don't just [gradient 0.0] BUMP [1.4%] if you know what I mean...

It has its (pretty big) flaws but they are dictated by "core limitations" of TSW, as well as not nailing that "southern France" feel in some areas, but to be fair it's a much smaller problem than I thought.

Also the TGV might be the best train they made in terms of "feeling" every little sound, the rattling while coasting it's just an awesome experience.

Also if you put a bit of effort on the livery editor and/or imagination you can run in Koln-aachen or HMA and pretend to be a Thalys or an 2N2

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, much as I like the Oakville Sub, there is so much unused potential for that route. Apart from the unusable yards, there are all those passenger stations which are nicely modeled but just scenery, occupied by the ghosts of former commuters.

• Like Like x 1
  24. vogelm10

You can use those stations in scenario planner and run proper passenger services. That's why Oakville Sub is the best route because it has freight and passenger potential for scenario mode that no other lines offer. Hamilton West is able to be entirely switched for all tracks as it had manual switches and only signals on the exits.

82e1627b-bb13-48a0-a17e-9b269db21fbe.jpeg a1bb8c3c-49a4-41fd-93b1-a4ead652ad66.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  25. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Where are the passengers? I must admit I gave up on the scenario planner because it doesn't include a proper consist editor, among other deficiencies. A Scenario Planner 2 is coming at some point, I'll wait to see what it includes.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. ZeenozPlays

Yeah, there are a lot of issues/missing features with the Scenario Planner right now. Just yesterday, I encountered a bug that prevented me from selecting a custom livery in the Scenario Planner. There goes my dreams of doing a heritage run with the Class 483.

• Like Like x 1
  27. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

Bought Rhein Ruhr in the recent sale at 50% off and was delighted with the route and its variety. Loads of trucks and carriages in sidings. Liked it so much bought the shunter which is great addition too. All for the price of TGV which is close to bottom of my future purchase list with West Somerset and IOW.

• Like Like x 2
  28. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

At this point even the aroso line doesn't excite me anymore and it was the only thing left that i figured was worth waiting for,but for all the fixes dtg special new fixit team is trying to do,they also appear to brake a few thing while trying to fix things.If i really wanted a broken mess i would buy cyberpunk 2077.(But it's not a train sim)

• Like Like x 1
  29. tallboy7648

How is it when they fix something, they end up breaking something in the process. That just sounds stupid dtg. I'm not getting the arosa line either because rivet went witl an older model 1970s train instead of the modern train that is in the ts2021 version of the route. I guess rivet like making old trains for tsw.

30. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="vogelm10, post: 221132, member: 16460"

It sucks because you can roam on foot to all these neat yards and sidings that have manual switches, must be leftover from the other version of this, just a shame we can't use them though.

[/QUOTE]

What yards, where

• Like Like x 1
  31. vogelm10

So the weird thing is the map doesn't show the tracks, but next to St. Charles there is a freight siding with a few tracks, there is the TGV yard outside of the station, and there are a couple of sidings and yards before you get to the power switch location as well as 3 lines which connect up and branch off of the main one.

• Like Like x 1
  32. tallboy7648

That's not a surprise

33. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

Even I regret buying the game sand patch is boring I don't even use any of my preserved collection I should have waited until my birthday to buy snowrunner instead this overwhelming level of disappointment is so high the dash 8 was a disappointment in its own I want a reason to keep it but I am so bored and I keep telling myself it's worth it but it's not worth it I spent 25 bucks on a rushed and bug ridden game with so many issues such as peoples liveries being completely deleted I wish there was more than this I have literally been playing other games more sorry for the rant I just needed to rant get it out

• Like Like x 2
  34. vogelm10

Well older maps show all tracks including ones you can't access, so this was new and it shows no reason to hope they will be accessible in the future. So yeah, kind of meh!

35. SHINO BAZ

Sadly whats desperately needed here is for a 2nd game publisher to dip there toe into the train sim world game with there own version of this kind of game,maybe it would make dtg finally wake up to the fact that releasing broken buggy glitched rushed dlc is not doing there company any favors.Because if another train game comes along many might decide it time to switch to a new train sim world not made by dtg.

• Like Like x 2
  36. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

I don't regret buying the game because it did enable me to play the preserved stuff in a much better resolution than TSW2020 but if my purchase would have been purely for the new content then based on what's currently available I'd consider TSW2 a poor investment. With both of DTG's released DLC's involving HST's (is the next one also a HST service?) and 8.5 miles of the IoW not being the most inspiring of addons you've got to ask yourself what on earth happened to the diversity of locations seen in TSW2020. German routes cutting thru hills and valleys, the gritty industrial north eastern UK, the scenic Somerset countryside, elevated NY trains and the challenges of the Pennines (to name but a few) all thus far replaced by generic routes with an ever increasing emphasis on going as fast as possible. Sigh!

I think because TSW2 has offered no real performance improvements I'd have been far happier with 4k mode added to TSW2020 and sticking with what I already had because I don't own any of the new DLC's (with no intention to buy any...yet) and the only real use i've had from the three base routes was the ability to grind out the 10,000 miles achievement using SKA.

• Like Like x 1
  37. ross.duncan35

ross.duncan35 Active Member

if your not happy with tsw because off bugs,i would advise avoiding snowrunner!

38. tallboy7648

Competition for tsw2 on consoles would be a great thing. It may probably make dtg make less mistakes as well.

• Like Like x 2
  39. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Imagine if Microsoft brought back Microsoft Train Simulator with similar technology that powers the new Flight Simulator. :o

• Like Like x 2
  40. tallboy7648

That would make it a much better game. That's fir sure

41. SHINO BAZ

Maybe it's time to start putting alittle money aside when a little extra money is available for whatever replaces tsw because i no longer see any point supporting this game,(If the person who owns dtg only cares about money i understand it take money to run the company but the consumers of there product also care about money because it take effort to earn it,so when we spend it on something we would like to know it will work as promised,and currently it rarely does.)

Maybe i'll try tracks it's cheap and even thought it also has a few issues,it can't be much worse then tsw2.

• Like Like x 1
  42. @l3x_Fr

@l3x_Fr Active Member

Everything you write here guys is very interesting! I really enjoyed reading your feedback. I was on this train in real life, on the same section (Marseille-Avignon) and personally I find the route faithful to reality. BUT

To be completely objective:

In fact more variety of trains in the stations,

On xbox one x few people get off or get on the train! On PC at least 30 people get out of each car !!! Don't tell me that they made this choice for performance. 2 or 20 passengers getting off the train is not going to take away a lot of frame rate.

And THE MOST BINDING about the inconsistencies on the decorations: For example, I saw a piece of road in the middle of the water! Holes next to the tracks, the vegetation is more German than French ...

Which makes me regret my purchase. I play less and less but the route is quite beautiful, I find it very beautiful IN GENERAL. We are alone, also in the station, with sometimes inconsistent decorations, this is the summary of LGV Méditerranée Marseille - Avignon. More French itineraries would be welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  43. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

This route Showcases High speed rail and what's possible in creating with there new Building tool.

So in time we will get highly detailed Long Routes. But that all be many years yet.

For TSW GWE is a example of great looking route and long distance. But perhaps there rethinking what they want to achieve

• Like Like x 1
  44. eire007

eire007 Active Member

What did I say?

45. danielemerson78

danielemerson78 Member

• Like Like x 1
  46. danielemerson78

danielemerson78 Member

Why dont you play properly first before moaning about it?
    The line is an accurate recreation(as far as i know) of this high speed line so it does what it says on the tin.Once you get into it i think it quite a fun drive.Especially with all the saftey systems on and going "hudless"

47. @l3x_Fr

@l3x_Fr Active Member

[QUOTE = "danielemerson78, post: 224907, membre: 20913"] Pourquoi ne jouez-vous pas correctement avant de vous plaindre?
    La ligne est une récréation précise (pour autant que je sache) de cette ligne à grande vitesse, donc elle fait ce qu'elle dit sur l'étain.Une fois que vous y entrez, je pense que c'est une conduite assez amusante.Surtout avec tous les systèmes de sécurité en marche et en cours "hudless" [/ QUOTE]
    I am French and do not agree with your opinion for two reasons:

In "timetable" mode, no mission offers to do Aix to Marseille or Aix to Avignon (and vice versa). Only from start to finish so repetitive. Then there are some inconsistencies (which can be corrected) on the security systems, the invisible wall in the engine room, the decorations, the missing panels at the edge of the tracks, the reduction to 80km / h missing on the approach stations ...

Personally I like the route, but you cannot say that it is a "precise creation" ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE ARE 25Kv CATENARIES IN MARSEILLE! :(

• Like Like x 1
  48. vogelm10

I'm honestly bored of it. No real need to learn signals since it just is green the whole way. The lack of variety in motive power. It was fun the first 5 or 6 times. Now it's just meh.

• Like Like x 2
  49. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

I honestly don't play the game much if I am buying LGV I'll wait for a fix with livery designer since if you look on the livery designer creations people's games were corrupted so I am not going to get or even think of it until then.

50. SHINO BAZ

This route was just alot of extra work for dtg and as always not remotely ready for prime time,and for those who bought it just another broken,bugged and glitched disastrous mess.I'm so tired of this games constant failures being given a pass by many who play it, it almost is enough to make a train fan cry.

Also i just can't stand the fact that for every update that fixes a bunch of broken stuff about the same amount of stuff that worked gets broken.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2