PlayStation Where Did All The Passengers Go?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by whiteleyaj, Dec 27, 2020.

1. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

I don't know if its just me (Im on a basic PS4) but the passengers seem to be getting fewer and fewer both getting on and off. Ive run atleast 10 journies on LGV Mediterranee and each time my trains empty - no one in the carriages no one gets on and no one gets off...... Has this been done because of Memory / Data usage so the game / route still works....... Anyone else noticed lack of passengers?

• Like Like x 8
  2. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

I must admit that playing multiple routes this weekend it struck me how deserted they were, playing on PS5 I was hoping for some magical thing where the extra power would mean busier stations and platforms, but no.
    In particular playing GWE the high speed non stop run to Reading I decided to see how many passengers were in the train... There were 2.
    Of all the things that break the immersion for me, this is the one.

• Like Like x 5
  3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

LGV has low passenger numbers across all platforms. Hope they can sort this out in the next update for the route. I see them on the station platforms but they walk back and forth a bit.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah I’ve noticed this too, not only from each release, but also just from TSW2020 to TSW2.

Of course it could just be that the High Speed Trains we’ve been getting are bigger and routes are typically longer so the passenger count may be a static number and obviously a bigger route with more stations and bigger trains = more thinned out passenger numbers, but every single platform is just empty, along with most trains and it doesn’t look good.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If it's like the Bakerloo line it'll be because the passengers on the platform spawn at some remote location, but only start to do so when teh map tile loads, so with you whizzing into the platform there isn't much time for the people to populate the platform, and TSW passenger density isn't that high to begin with

• Like Like x 1
  6. eire007

eire007 Active Member

They got sick of missing the train due to bad planning and decided to leave the game hahaha

• Like Like x 2
  7. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...did you happen to have TSW 2 running on a PS4 before you got your PS5? If so, did you notice any increase at all in passenger count at any stations in any of the routes you now run on your PS5? I don’t think DTG is doing anything- right now anyway- to render the TSW 2 environment any differently on the PS4 vs. the PS5... maybe one day they’ll tweak TSW 2 to take advantage of the raw power when it’s running on the latest consoles.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Maybe DTG thought with all this covid they would reduce the passenger numbers for a while to give us a bit more realism. Lol

• Like Like x 3
  9. mrssll1

mrssll1 New Member

Ive never seen london underground stations so quiet unless simulating lock down. May be thats it.

• Like Like x 3
  10. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

I was indeed running both TSW and TSW2 on a PS4 Pro prior to the PS5.
    As has been covered on other topics, in certain ways the PS5 transforms TSW2, and I initially thought I was seeing more passengers on the PS5, but now I'm not sure, it was probably some sort of placebo thing. It's just jarring when you're in major stations and there's literally nobody around.

I think Bakerloo is actually one of the more passenger dense routes, usually plenty of people on board and a decent number on platforms.

I've been doing the collectibles for SPG this weekend as that's another route I've yet to do, no passengers of course but loads of traffic passing by, which is nice.
    Again, SPG is another route with crazy attention to detail which might be taken for granted. It really is quite beautiful.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

If you explore on foot and get to a station about 10 minutes before a train leaves, then it's just enough time for a gaggle of passengers to turn up.

If you really want to get freaked out, go to Stonebridge Park depot on the Bakerloo line at 2am and walk through the (supposedly) empty carriages with your torch on...loads of lifeless blank faced passengers will stare into your soul!

• Like Like x 5
  12. Gav

Gav Active Member

Yes!!!.. the trains are empty, and its nothing to do with PS4 or PS5 or whatever.. I have a PS4 Pro and there is barely any passengers on my trains, I was doing the GWE timetable and there are only about 2 passengers per carriage. I don't have a PS5 but my cousin does and he says its EXACTLY the same!! he has TSW 2 on PS5 and he too told me there are very little passengers getting on the trains.

• Like Like x 2
  13. aya.rahman

aya.rahman Member

Me too

14. CUFCfan616

CUFCfan616 New Member

I've noticed this as well on a PS4 Pro. I just ran a service on East Coast preserved collection and there were literally zero passengers on my train the whole journey. There were some at the stations when I pulled in but no one got on. Kinda killing the realism

• Like Like x 1
  15. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Yeah, agree, each new release seems to take the passengers away, I ran a service on bakerloo last night, always pan the camera out at station to look, I had 11 passenger in total, yet not a single one o the platform at Baker street, or oxford circus...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

Clearly a lot of players are seeing issues with little to no passengers at stops and on their trains. Seems like I remember seeing a DTG marketing pic of a Bakerloo station with a large number of people on the platform next to a waiting train... why don’t these pics represent what you *really* get in some of these routes?

17. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

For the same reason they use false eyelashes to sell mascara...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

Really noticed the lack of passengers yesterday on the Bakerloo Line. The vast majority of stops had max 2 or 3 people - at 8.30ish in the morning!! Some stops had noone. Definitely an issue. (Playing on PS5)

19. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I noticed this trying to take screenshots for the photo contest: the theme is "passenger service," but it seems that while I took lots of shots of passenger trains, there was nary an actual passenger in frame!

20. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

This ^^^ (Here's one of my shots I took for the 'passenger train' contest)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  21. hsinvader#7024

hsinvader#7024 New Member

Does it increase the level-of-detail draw-in (particularly noticeable with shadows)?

22. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

It's been that long since I played on the PS4 Pro, the day before the PS5 was released actually, I'm struggling to remember, and I'm not sure if anything regarding draw distance was placebo, but there's definitely the same issue with shadows on the PS5, but I'm sure that pop in is less noticeable though, but certainly not eliminated.