PlayStation Tsw 2020, Platinum Trophy

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Christopher75, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Christopher75

Christopher75 New Member

Is someone here who got it?
    Does it still make sense to play this game for this achievement?

2. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I’d be keen to know also if anyone here as the plat for 2020 and 2

Both sit in the 0.1 percentile :o

3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I do have it for 2020 but what a grind that was!!! I am one of a very exclusive group I think. To answer your question though if you have TSW2 I wouldn’t bother with 2020 unless you are really near. Having to complete all NEC and Rapid Transit services gives me bad flashbacks!

For TSW 2 I just need to 10000 miles trophy as many others do. This platinum is much easier.
    EAC5E947-AF46-480B-BE84-2C7AFE919252.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Christopher75

Christopher75 New Member

TinTin_57 congratulations!!! Did you have any problem with trophies in NEC and RT? I can complete all services on these routes but I don't want to waste time.

Tsw 2 - is there any problem with trophies?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

I got all trophies, except the trophy for LiRR/NEC (completing all services). So unfortunately no Platin. Couldn't motivate myself again after the Rapid Transit grind.
    Congratulations Tintin!

Definitely going for the TSW2 trophy!

Christopher75
    So far I had no problems with trophies in TSW2.
    In TSW2020 it can happen, that Trophies don't show up, so there is no guarantee, that it will work.

6. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

You can short-cut the 'complete all services' trophies if you want to avoid several hundred hours of grinding away.

Start the service, check the task list to see what time you arrive at the final station, then spawn on foot just before. Wait for the train to arrive, jump in the driver's seat and take over the service. You'll get a tick to show you've completed it and it counts towards the trophy.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TinTin_57

Only one I was stuck on in TSW for literally 12 months was the one where you had to couple to wagons in NEC ( sorry can’t remember the name). But after much campaigning, logging of tickets, hearing it was our PS4’s fault, they then fixed it with TSW2020 that August. I got the platinum during a run in Pen Corridor which didn’t even exist when the trophy list was first issued lol.

in TSW2 only issue I had for the base game was for one where you had to do 70kph in one of the German locos. In fact the trophy didn’t pop until i got it to 140kph. Again, it’s a while since I got that so can’t recall the name.

only other trophy I can’t get now outside of the main list is on IOW for completing all scenarios. Ran them twice and no trophy. Rivet say they’re not fixing anything with trophies so that will be my last dlc from them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Christopher75

Christopher75 New Member

I feel calmer with these trophies.
    I remember this trophy I have it.

About repair bugs by DTG; sometimes I think that maybe I/you/we should do as my friend who has been problem with one company and repair claim by their. He wait long time, he was ignored by them and he got pissed, he found some director on company website, wrote negative opinion in Google, wrote problem on private Facebook page of this director;
    Result: express, next day everything was repair with apologies and gift.

9. Christopher75

Christopher75 New Member

davidbarber I made this in RT without success, I have information that I finished 65/64 services - it is strange. I started again with "full" rides. I read in one post that I should buy one locomotive DB BR 182 - is it true?

10. Christopher75

Christopher75 New Member

Ps4Player I afraid buy new edition that will be the same problems as earlier editions. Second: I am disappointed for this company that released new edition with abandoning older editions - it is very unfair of them.

Money, money and money, sale and forget.

11. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It should have unlocked at 64/64. Maybe it will unlock with that because the total services counter is increased with the DB BR 182. Otherwise you may have to start on a new driver profile.

Services that tell you to leave the train (at Dessau Hbf if you return to free roam) also count and increase the counter. That may be why it says 65/64.

12. Christopher75

Christopher75 New Member

L89 maybe DB BR 182 is necessary for this trophy?
    TinTin_57 how you got German Legend trophy? Pls, pls let us know. Did you need additional locomotive? Did you finish in short version as davidbarber introduced or you drive "full" routes.

13. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Im not the one who got asked but I got the German legend trophy, so: No, you shouldn't need the BR182.
    I got the German legend trophy like Davidbarber described.
    You wrote that you completed 65/64. Did you check your timetable for missing rides?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  14. TinTin_57

I did quite a few of the services in full before finding the workaround (which still takes time I might add). I completed it before the 182 was released so I'm not sure if now you would also need to complete the 182's services but I strongly suspect you will have to. Reason I say this is because on other routes a similar thing occurs.

15. Christopher75

Christopher75 New Member

Ps4Player thank you very much for your reply. Today I repeated finish RT like Davidbarber described. Unfortunately, without trophy.
    I finished all services 64/64, on new profile. Also I read many posts where people wrote that after bought DB BR 182 and finished several services this trophy pop up. When you got this trophy?

I haven't New Yorker trophy, too.

TinTin_57 many thanks for help.

16. BigH

BigH Active Member

I´m only about 30 services away on New Yorker. Didn´t get German Legend at first try, deleted the game and only installed the base game with the three original routes, new profile, no add-ons, on PS5. i´m also not logged in to Dovetail Live when playing. German Legend popped after 64 services.

Been trying since late summer on and off, but there are too many other games at the moment, so it´s just sitting there unfinished. TSW 2 isn´t even installed anymore.

17. Lance

Lance New Member

Is there any way to speed up Mass Transit? That trophy requires you to "complete 442 passenger boarding tasks on Rapid Transit or Main-Spessart Bahn." This requirement drastically limits the utility of the exploit where you complete services by beaming to their end locations because even if you tick off every single service that way you'll only have done one single passenger boarding task each time. For this reason I'm running the passenger services normally right now but I will start using the exploit once the trophy pops. Thankfully you can avoid the freight services on MSB entirely since you can earn German Legend also by completing all services on Rapid Transit where there are no freight services at all.

edit: Never mind, I just realized that you will do one single boarding task for every service you complete with the exploit. Still, it's going to suck having to do that over and over again until the trophy pops.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  18. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Save around 75% of the passenger load, wait for it to finish, quit to menu and resume saved game. Use a counter to keep track.

Edit: for some reason BR143 only counts passenger loads on its default route (Ruhr-Sieg Nord). On Xbox the achievements have a progress bar and it only went up on that route. Could be same on PS4 but can't verify.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Christopher75

Christopher75 New Member

I bought new loc DB BR 182 and German Legend trophy didn't pop up. I have finished RT as Davidbarber described and nothing. I lost money and time. It's suck!

20. Lance

Lance New Member

Am I doing something wrong? I tried to unlock "BR143: Ruhr Sieg Express" which requires you to "Complete 143 passenger boarding tasks." and the trophy did not pop. Here's what I did:

1. I went to the Timetable section of Main-Spessart Bahn and selected BR143. There I started the service listed at the very top (Aschaffenburg Hbf - Gemünden - All Stops departing at 4:37 am)

2. I completed boarding and departed (probably not necessary to go the next station but whatever). Upon arrival I opened the doors and waited for boarding to get to about 75%. Then I saved the game.

3. I waited for boarding to finish and paused the game. In the objectives list it clearly stated that passenger boarding had been completed.

4. I quit to the menu and selected "Last Played" to resume the saved game.

5. I repeat the previous two steps 142 times.

I did not have any issues with trophies not unlocking so far, so unless I did something wrong it's reasonable to suspect that this method does actually not work. I must admit it seemed weird to me from the start that you are supposed to quit and load up your save because that usually means wiping all the progress you have made since that save. Does the game use a seperate save file for storing your current running service? Because that would be the only way to keep loading it up while still adding to your overall progress. If you can confirm I did everything right I will go ahead and reinstall the base game (only) and hope the trophy will unlock then.

21. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I looked at the TSW2020 guide on True Trophies and that's what it said to do. Though that could be a clone of the Xbox achievement. I have done it on Xbox for TSW2020 but am still making progress on the TSW2 version (again Xbox).

When I quit to main menu any action points earned, mileage, walking distance gets updated in the driver profile (main menu) automatically along with achievement progress (trophy progress not supported by PS4). So stats (from that session) are getting saved automatically when quitting to the menu and not lost. Is that not the same on PS4? I expect passenger loads would also be recorded but not visible in any UI. Manual save is saving the state of the route you are in (AI train positions, time of day, current player position, windows open/closed, throttle/brake states, current speed etc). Unless something is vastly different with the way it saves on PS4 I would have expected the same result. It is known quite a few trophies don't unlock always on PS4.

OK after all that I just tested BR143 on MSB...did 5 passenger loads and no progress made on that achievement. I did one passenger load in RSN and it made progress. Quit, resume my saved game for RSN, did another passenger load and more progress made. Seems to be tied to the RSN route for me. The progress would not go up on any route other than the original route the BR143 comes with, which I was not aware of. Obviously you can't check this due to trophies not having a progress bar on PS4. The control car and even a BR422 (scenario designer) also made progress on BR143: Ruhr Sieg Express. My suspicion is the achievement/trophy has been set as a route passenger load rather than a train passenger load.

I also tested the BR146 passenger loads and unlike the BR143, this one makes passenger load progress across multiple routes. This would be so much easier to verify if they had a section in the driver profile for passenger loads.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Lance

Lance New Member

Okay, looks like this was a blunder on my part. In fact it was a pretty stupid mistake by me since the trophy is actually part of the RSN trophy list and not the MSB one (as you can see here). So essentially I've just been wasting my time trying to get the trophy on an MSB route. Whelp, at least I'm not having any trophies glitching on me so far. Phew!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  23. Lance

Lance New Member

Sorry for the double posting but I have another issue where the game does not keep track of my mileage. I am working on "American Hauler: Part 2". This trophy requires you to "Operate the ACS-64, M7 or GP38-2 for 640 miles (1,030 km)." I went to the Timetable section of NEC New York and started up the ACS-64 service at the very top (Washington D.C. to Boston at 00:15). I floored it immediately without even boarding passengers, after all I'm just here for the mileage. I got up to over 140 mph before finally derailing and crashing at New York Penn. However the game added only 1.12 miles to my travel distance for that train. Why is this? I used the exact same afk grinding method to get the "Do a certain mileage" trophies on GWE, with the only difference being that those services failed not because of derailment, but because the train ended up running a red light. Is this what I need to look out for to get my travel distance counted? And if yes, what is the best route to rack up the miles on where you only have to return every now and then to restart the service? I really appreciate the help so far :)

24. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

If you overspeed, it doesn’t count. Were you obeying the speed limits?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Lance

Lance New Member

Pretty much nowhere after the first mile since I'm just putting the train at full throttle and leave. I didn't know overspeeding would cancel out the mileage from being counted, thanks for the advice!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  26. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

GP38 is on Peninsula Corridor. That's one of the longest routes on TSW2020. The NEC version I think should be combined stats. Wouldn't that count?

And yes, don't overspeed on TSW2020.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Yep, the stats are combined, and also the model used on the OSD route adds to it.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Lance

Lance New Member

That helped a lot, thanks! I kept running the service starting at 19:04. All you have to do is uncouple everything and set the throttle to notch 2. The locomotive will drive along on its own with very little overspeeding and eventually run a red light. I didn't bother to clock it but the time a single run takes is very reasonable. Nets you about 25 miles per run.

On a different note I'm starting to have issues with trophies not unlocking but found that for some reason idling in the main menu helps to trigger them. For instance I didn't get the trophy "M7: Seven Up" when I hit Loco Level 10 for the M7 on LIRR. Since I had to complete all of the journeys on that route anyway I just kept playing and hoped that it would eventually unlock. I got all the way to Level 15 before my worries got big enough that I started troubleshooting. I left the game in the main menu and just as I was writing the first paragraph of this post the trophy unlocked :)

• Like Like x 1
  29. Lance

Lance New Member

I had a trophy glitch on me at last - the final one before the Platinum! :( New Yorker (Complete all of the available services on New York Foundation or Long Island Rail Road) did not pop since I completed all services on LIRR two days ago. I have now redownloaded the game with only the LIRR expansion installed and will recomplete all 181 services. Furthermore I am playing the game offline now, which according to some sources should help to unlock the trophy and I will back up my save file before completing the very last service. If anyone has more advice to add I would appreciate it. I'm thinking of writing a comprehensive trophy guide for this game once I'm done with it. It would be my first trophy guide ever :)

edit: It worked! I've got the Platinum trophy now :) Now it's on to the expansions :cool:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  30. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

Been playing TSW/TSW2020 in very small doses since launch, so that work-around will come in handy.

31. lukemonster#2518

lukemonster#2518 New Member

Hi all

I'm playing TSW2020 as well and do trophy but a question on my side is for LIRR I'm at level 15 for M7 and I still don't got the trophy M7 Seven up so my question is do I just carry on or what? Please let me know as I really wanna know.

32. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

If it hasn't popped, give up. TSW2020 hasn't been supported/updated in years as we are now on the 4th edition. (TSW4)

33. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

can’t remember the requirement but if it’s “reach level 15” you actually need to finish level 15 and have it showing level 16…

34. lukemonster#2518

lukemonster#2518 New Member

Well strange is what happens was I was level 15 went over to Player profile and because I'm playstation I press X so Spammed X on M7 and suddenly I got the two trophies now I need to get Level 10 Locomotive on M3 but I am already level 10 should I wait there as well until I am level 15 or what?