Regrets And Disappointments

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by elvescast, Dec 17, 2020.

1. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Dude please consult a therapist.

• Like Like x 3
  2. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

This thread is therapy for anyone who needs to post there thoughts on tsw or dtg,the release of broken dlc/then fix it later way of thinking just can't be logically made sence of by normal humans.

• Like Like x 3
  3. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

I said this from the beginning. Yeah it's fast and looks good but after a while the novelty wears off and it becomes a boring pointless route with little in between to do or see. Shame really

4. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

The high speed add on isn’t even the whole loops of hs1, there are loops from st Pancras to rams gate, instead dtg have decided to only do a quarter of the route

• Like Like x 1
  5. formulabee#1362

I was also quite disappointed by the west Somerset railway. 19 miles, two trains for £19.99 for my Xbox. This is severely overpriced for what you get

• Like Like x 2
  6. formulabee#1362

Ye, dtg kinda have a history of being lazy then selling it for sky high prices

• Like Like x 1
  7. formulabee#1362

As seen with ts2021 wcml south

• Like Like x 1
  8. formulabee#1362

But for what u get and the price...

9. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

formulabee#1362 If you want to reply to multiple different people please do so in a single post, no need to multi-post your responses (it just looks like spamming).

• Like Like x 3
  10. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I bought the route and as far as I'm concerned, it's great, but not perfect. Got it on tuesday and I haven't played anything else since then. You are wrong, It's definitely not a broken, bugged and glitched disastrous mess. I haven't experienced any new bugs on it at all, at least not any I can remember :D so I'm not giving "a failure a pass", I'm actually supporting a good route instead.

11. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

I thought WSR wasn't that bad and the 19 miles felt just about right for a route with a very pedestrian style of gameplay. I think you also forget that, much like NTP, there is an awful lot of speed management between stations so if you're one of those who prefers to drive within the limits of the line then WSR kept you very busy throughout the entirety of the route. Also, because things move as slowly as they do it's a nice route to take in the sights as a passenger if you're that way inclined.

But more importantly it offers a completely different perspective on the driving of trains so for that reason alone I think it represents very good value for money.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  12. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Yeah man it's fun the first few times you play it, I agree with that. It's just that after the 4th or 5th time encountering the exact same thing it really looses any fun value.

If they gave us the full deal like on the old game they copied this from (again let's dispel the notion right away that we are actually getting new content here) it really sucks how stripped down it all is.

I just wish they wouldn't act like we are getting anything new when they are just recycling old content and improving the graphics at the expense of a more varied playing experience.

But yes, the first few trips the line is kind of fun with the crazy roller coaster level gradients (3.5%) and having to switch power sources as well. Do that more than 5 times though and it just becomes so boring.....

• Like Like x 2
  13. SHINO BAZ

Dovetail games has this type of game on consles all to itself,if they just take alittle extra time to better fine tune it's dlc they would likely not have to every worry about future competition going up against them in this category of game,i don't hate the overall game itself i just don't care for there efforts being released without spending the time nessary to iron out as many issuses as possible before release of new dlc.I know that nothing can ever be perfect but it doesn't mean you shouldn't always try and strive to do better with each effort.(DTG should want to know the money they spend to do there work,comes from people who where happy to spend that money so they could continue doing that work by releasing top notch well tested content).

For example i know lately dtg has been working hard to make longer routes which many want,which is fine but if you travel 3/4 of the route only to see your trip end with a out of memory dead stop,you might have some more work to do.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

You would think the whole point of a update would be to fix things, not break things because of a fix. That makes no sense and is unacceptable

• Like Like x 2
  15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m sure when I buy this, sometime in the future when it’s on sale with a good discount, I’ll get more than a handful of runs before I get bored of it, but it is one of the reasons why I’ve not bought it yet. You can easily tell it’s a one trick pony without actually buying it. For now the experience of driving a TGV at speed on the rollercoaster is one I’m happy to miss out on, due mainly to it being just that, over and over. I’ll get to it eventually when the cost is lower and the value I’ll get balances with the outlay.

• Like Like x 2
  16. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

How do you get the blue light off I’ve taken a service at Avignon set train up but blue light on nothing I press releases tgv brakes and blue light below gauges stays lit

17. Yosh1saurus

Yosh1saurus Member

Saying 2 or 20 people getting off wouldn't affect performance is a bit unrealistic as if you have the 1972 stock for example there's 7 coaches on that. If 2 people got off of every coach it would be 14 people getting off in total. Realistic for around lunchtime I'd say. If it was 20 it would be 140 people. 140 from just 7 coaches. Now some TGV sets in game are 20 carriages. 400 PEOPLE. ONE TRAIN. Would impact performance greatly especially on a base PS4 or XB1. I get not many people play on those consoles anymore but still, good to support them.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I wouldn‘t say that. I don‘t have any data - I have to admit - but I think there‘s still quite a lot of people playing on those (including me).

19. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

I play close to it the xbox one s

20. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Base PS4 here

21. SHINO BAZ

The last time i played tsw2 i had to restart my game 3 times because the menu froze up again and again and again(and this is a ongoing problem)At this time i have just deleted the game for now,having a broken game on my limited HD space isn't worth it,if it randomly doesn't want to work.

Because i'm not interested in playing( TRAIN SIM WORLD 2:RESTART AGAIN EDITION )

• Like Like x 1
  22. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Weird that because, East Coastway aside, one of the positives I have found with TSW2 is that it's pretty stable where CTD's/game freezes are concerned and although the game has crashed on occasions I personally can't remember the last time it did.
    I too have stopped playing the game (not uninstalled tho, 54gb of taken space has far more appeal than a 54gb reinstall at a later date) - my reason being more to do with running out of things to do and/or DLC's that are worth purchasing - but I'm pretty sure I'll return to it at a time when TSW's catalogue has been replenished with a little more variety and choice.

23. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I personally haven't had those problems probably because I play on a Xbox Series X. I can understand your frustrations though

• Like Like x 1
  24. bonipires#3938

bonipires#3938 New Member

Nice liverys.