Class 40 Loco Pack For Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by davejc64, Dec 28, 2020.

1. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Ok my question is thus the loco pack that contains the class 40 and class 08 and wagons is priced at £11.99 for TSW2 but the price for TSW 2020 is £6.59 in the steam sale, so if I buy it for the cheaper price do I still get it for TSW2 or not?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

So long as you have both TSW 2020 and TSW2 then buy it for 2020 and it will be available in both.

• Like Like x 2
  3. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Just seems a bit misleading for it to have different prices depending on what part of the store you buy it from, I do hope that's not intended, because if I hadn't checked I may have inadvertently bought it at the higher price, which some people may have already done without realising.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Reventloff

Reventloff Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was going to purchase it today too. But found out that there was no discount on it at all (its on full price now)... which is a bit strange.
    P.S. Ouch! I do not have TSW 2020 btw.

5. vfrico#9863

vfrico#9863 New Member

That applies if I had the game previously or if I buy the TSW2020 now it be also valid?

6. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

So you bought Northern Trans Pennine as a standalone TSW2 DLC instead of buying the TSW2020 package? Ouch.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oliver

Oliver New Member

I don't know what content you have, but bear in mind there are some very cheap deals that include TSW2020, with a heap of routes. There's a £9.99 deal and a £15.99 deal, both including some very nice routes.
    I'm new to TSW2, but I did get the first TSW when it first came out, but then stopped gaming for a few years, until just a few weeks ago when I built a new PC. First thing I did was buy TSW2, but I didn't have any other content. By pure chance through discussions on the forum, I saw that some TSW2020 routes work on TSW2. I would never have otherwise known.
    I purchased the £9.99 deal, even though I already had TSW2020, but I got Long Island, Main Spessart-Bahn, Northern Trans-Pennine and Great Western Express, all for £9.99!! Before reading that post on the forum I had 3 of those in my cart and ready to purchase individually. Even at their sale price, I saved a pretty hefty sum. Imagine how peeved I would have been if I only discovered about the potential saving after I purchased them.
    So do check out those options, if you're interested in the content and don't have them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Reventloff

Reventloff Well-Known Member

Thanks for info! Indeed this option with TSW2020 routes did not come to my mind... Now Ill get my calculator and check what I can afford this way!! :D

Not yet... I was going to buy it together with Heavy Freight Pack today... But now I will do my homework first: study the market, all offers and not-so-obvious options :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Take the cheapest as in this case that DLC is part of the preserved collection. I did it during black friday sale. Most of the TSW1 preserved collection was cheaper than the same content for the TSW2. Don´t ask me why, but I just didn´t care and went for the cheapest option as most of them where +30% discounted. Indeed the deluxe pack was during 1 day much cheaper than afterwards, so I took it as well.

So far all items being part of preserved collection work in TSW2 so you are safe to buy them for TSW1 even if you won´t use them there.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2