End Of Year Q&a For Train Sim World 2

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Dec 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samuel

Samuel Member

News regarding any steam loco?

2. Tswjake24

Tswjake24 Member

Do You think there will be an Northern Irish Route Coming any time soon l

3. CaptnDlC

CaptnDlC New Member

First of all good morning/afternoon or evening as well at the time happy new year!

- It had been confirmed that in TSW2 steam trains will be added in the near future, with your knowledge do you know if there is a steam train that could come in 2021 and if you could choose any steam train in the world, which one you choose to be implemented in TSW2?

- Have y'all ever thought of working on a route for TS2021 or even TSW2 based on Mexico?

And last but no less important

- Is there a plan to add a real free roam? (For example: Drive any train without having a delivery mission and most important with the ability to use all rails with no restriction at all?

Thank you and once again happy new year! stay safe.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Sorry but no. Steam is a long long way off. It will be years before any steam is in. Maybe for TSW3, a new engine upgrade is needed for a start before any steam can be considered.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

Will tsw2 be compatible with the new KFconsole???

• Like Like x 1
  6. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

What are your long term ambitions for the game?

Where do you see the game being in 3/5 years time?

• Like Like x 2
  7. rodgers.jayshawn4848

rodgers.jayshawn4848 Active Member

Nope

8. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

300 layer max for designs is too small. I want at least 600 and also a few more basic shapes and a font with serifs would be awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  9. nberneck99

You never know, could become a finger lookin good game

10. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I'd like to answer the KFConsole question but i'm too....... chicken.

Sorry. I'll get my coat.

• Like Like x 26
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

How many locomotives can you guys put on one route ( I mean different ones not like all SD40-2s like a mix of them )

• Like Like x 2
  12. nberneck99

These puns have me fried:)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

Hi,
    rumors say the BR 101 DLC will not contain a full IC trainset. Just two coaches (one first class and one second class) are included it is said.
    That is just a small percentage of the actual trainset.
    To be "somehow" realsitic it would need at least 4 different coaches (one first class, one bord bistro, one second class, and a second class cab car). If you want to feel the detail it would need even more different coaches.

1st question: Why?

2nd question: Do you plan to bring the missing rest of the train in the future? (To be honest, a third to a half of the real train is really a letdown). Even if that would require a second "IC cabcar" DLC. (Or why not make it a higher price in the first place and then bring in at least the 4 cars to be somehow realistic)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

Since we have Ruhr Sieg Nord and Rhein Ruhr Osten as separate routes, will it ever be possible to somehow merge them in order to run from Wuppertal to Finnentrop?

• Like Like x 1
  15. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

What is TSW’s most popular route?

how realistic in the future is it to see longer routes that could be going at 125mph and still take 2,3,4 hours to complete? those who don’t want to always do one flat out could use the save option to comeback to complete the route over a period of time

I heard that that their is an issue on doing the Eurostar route and therefore it’s a no go in the future is this the
    case?

are you ever able to do special routes like the orient express or Rocky mountaineer or do these kind of routes have issues in getting licenses etc?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Do you have any link to where there come from? 101 with cab car is like an omelette without cheese... servable... but lacking.

17. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

How high is the demand for route extensions and if they are high, why haven't you guys done them and are you considering doing them in the future?

• Like Like x 1
  18. harleybardoe07

harleybardoe07 New Member

Will there be new games beyond TSW2 (for example TSW3)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Amax

Amax Active Member

the db br 101 would have the pilot car

20. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

If DTG were to make a route crossing international borders, how would the Main Menu flags work? If it was 2 or more countries in the EU would you use the EU flags? What about a route that was outside of the EU? a 50/50 diagonal split?

21. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Some things I'd be interested in are some TSW stats. Things already mentioned like most popular route, but also other things like route with most miles driven, which country (DE/UK/USA) is most popular, which loco has the most miles on it. Basically just get some numbers ans create some statistics with them. Doesn't have to be something "relevant" or serious, "silly" stats are fine as well

• Like Like x 6
  22. vogelm10

Give me the freights!!!!

On the subject of international lines....I see in the future we have a Swiss line coming our way. I propose if we ever were going to go nuts with a border crossing why not focus on Basel (Bâle) Switzerland? 3 countries meet up in the area all of which you have the licensing rights to.

The train to access the port starts in a massive freight yard in Switzerland, moves into Germany for all of about 6ish km, then cuts back into Switzerland to reach the port.

You could do the freight yard to the port, and then also have the main station with lines running into Germany as well as France. It'd not be a huge distance and it would be amazingly fun using all three signal systems!

St. Louis (FR) to Basel Hbf (CH).

Basel Hbf (CH) to Pratteln(CH) and then extend line if you want for some s bahn services.

Pratteln Yard (CH) to Haltingen (D) or further. This is where the line loops around to reach the Port Of Basel back in Switerland.

This is a super compact area with really heavy traffic and would be stupid fun.

Class Re6/6 SBB Cargo (add on possible)
    Class Flirt RABe 521 SBB S Bahn
    BR 186.2 DB from german lines

Youtube has some cab rides doing the shunting to the port and back it looks amazing!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  23. zannino#2757

zannino#2757 New Member

What a great idea!

This Route would definitely merge some of the already existing Trains and Locos in a realistic scenario.
    For example you could use the ICE, Dosto and Regiotrains from DB and also use the TGV for the Part of the french Station.
    You could also integrate the existing cargo Trains.

That route would be fun and exiting.

additional Addons for Locos and Trains could be:
    RE460 for Intercitys
    SBB EE922 for shunting
    SBB Cargo 193 Vectron) for cargo trains

• Like Like x 1
  24. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Can I request suggestions go in the suggestions area, and keep this clear for just the questions :)

Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  25. rodgers.jayshawn4848

rodgers.jayshawn4848 Active Member

Hey Matt

26. vogelm10

Oops, will make a separate post in suggestions!

27. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I recall it being mentioned with regard to MSB that DTG had/have someone working for them that is of German descent. And the scoop(?) on GWE is the lady DTG managed to get for the voiceover apparently did the actual station announcements for GWR.

28. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

This might help - gives timetables for all TSW routes. Is searchable by train number, train type (passenger, freight, empty stock or switching) or loco type. Can also do a search of journey duration
    https://smtimetables.herokuapp.com/ Screenshot_20201229_021634.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Why your not bring Abellio and National Express as German Company in the Game for new Trains?

30. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Doing a Google search for "Great Western Express..." and one of the predicted text suggestions was 1972. Intrigued I thought maybe this was proposed DLC?
    OIP.jpeg

31. jordantmitchell815

jordantmitchell815 New Member

Do you think you guys can add more rail traffic? It gets kind of lonly seeing empty lines and stations

• Like Like x 2
  32. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

Will tsw 2 be the last ps4 and xbox 1 versions when the new game comes out on next gen?

• Like Like x 3
  33. stevegtuk#1645

stevegtuk#1645 New Member

Will Train Sim World 2 be optimized for next generation consoles eventually, I have a PlayStation 5 and it runs at a smoothly 60fps which is brilliant.

• Like Like x 2
  34. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Will take part in the development for TSW2 Armstrong Powerhouse? They produce quality content.

35. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

Why can't the HUD display the correct speed. GWE line states 60mph for freight yet the HUD shows 90mph.
    Is this error down to limitations in the UNREAL engine or Is it a programming error

36. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I've appended another question I have been wondering:
    • Why is it that locomotive DLC is less than half of the price of a route in GBP, but two-thirds the price of a route in USD and EUR? For example, a route normally costs £24.99/$29.99/€29.99, but locomotives cost £11.99/$19.99/€19.99.

• Like Like x 1
  37. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

This may be a bit general question but I'm interested:

How much on-location work does a new route (or even a route that's already in Train Simulator) require? Is it possible to create a route purely from satellite data and photos, documents? How much does the pandemic hold you back from creating more variety of locations and locomotives? Or does it only hold back the production itself (by working from home)?

Thank you.

• Like Like x 3
  38. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Do you ever bring in outside help to solve specific problems with the software when you reach an impasse with something that needs to happen for the sim to run smoothly, specifically game engine related rather than content related?

To what extent are second parties used in creating the content? Is it purely case by case or is there always a certain percentage of content contracted out?

39. ronniedodge94

ronniedodge94 New Member

Whats the one route you would love to add to train sim world 2 and why

• Like Like x 1
  40. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

Any chance of Dovetail getting their bottoms into gear and release that Class 313 which I have been waiting for ages...seems like it!!!!. I just thought....if we had steam engines in TSW2 and played it on the KFConsole. Would it be well done or smokin...............sorry!!!!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  41. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

The HUD only shows line-speed limits on older routes. Only the newest routes have some signal-speed limits included on the HUD. But so far no train related speed limits are shown.
    This is them not having implemented it.

42. ilovetrains2005

ilovetrains2005 New Member

When will southern high speed be released and I am still having issues with the class 33 on wsr not showing up

• Like Like x 1
  43. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

2 things 1 check the roadmap and 2 update your game

• Like Like x 3
  44. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

Is there a reason why the double length ICE services on Munchen-Augsburg do not show up on the timetable selection? Is this a mistake/bug or are these intended as an easter egg?

• Like Like x 1
  45. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

When will console users finally have access to all layers of the HMA route? We've paid the same price as PC users. They have been enjoying all the content for two months now while we have been stuck with only two trains for this route.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  46. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

I would like to know when things like sparks will be added to third rails and pantographs, It sounds like an easy addition which would make the routes and train more immersive. Also I think it would be a great addition to have controller vibrations on PS and Xbox when moving over track joint or crossovers, PC players are getting Rail driver and track IR so I would nice to have something exclusive to console player.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Amax

Amax Active Member

Existe-t-il une autre ligne suisse?

48. Amax

Amax Active Member

la Re 460 sbb est dans la feuille de route?

49. nathansworld97

nathansworld97 New Member

When using the scenario planner you can only use trains which are the same length as the platforms on the route, anything longer than that then the train will be locked and unable to select. Will there be a change to this in an upcoming update?

50. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I have noticed quite a few people requesting the Avelia Liberty as of late. However given that the engine's still in testing I'm left wondering if it's really doable at this point. So my question is whether or not you (Dovetail) would be able to make a engine as new as the Liberty? Or is my gut feeling correct that it's a bit soon to be pushing for its inclusion?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  51. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

At the end of the year I'm very satisfied how Train Sim World has evolved. The biggest surprise for me (as a loyal console player) was to get my hands on the Sand Patch Grade route and the impressive Dash9 locos. I can remember a post of mine in January, when I said: it would be nice to have CSX Heavy Haul on console too and on August 20th it came true. The Livery Designer and the Scenario Planner raise the game to a new level and also the cooperation of third party developers is a good thing. So a big thanks for always listening to the community. All the questions I had are already mentioned... Happy New Year! :)

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.