Camera Options

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Adamgrant3, Dec 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Adamgrant3

Adamgrant3 Active Member

Hi, Do you think it would be good to have additional Camera Features e.g. Boka and frame etc

• Focus
    • tilt
    • color options
    Let me know what you think

2. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

There should be camera points around the track you can hop to to watch you train pass... ESPECIALLY now that the free can can't keep up with the high-speed trains.

• Like Like x 1
  3. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I would be happy if they just add a tracking camera, yeap. Or at least that you could jump free camera to the next waypoint so that you could place yourself ahead of station stops or coupling locations to see your train approaching. Just clicking 8 key multiple times could cycle to those new views, the same way it´s done with the 2/3 keys that cycles to head or rear of train.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  4. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

I think a dedicated photo-mode would be super, with all the options you listed, and many more. More and more games add this nowadays. Why not TSW too? It's really hard to line up them great shots with the train just flying by at x amount mph.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hightower

hightower Guest

I’d like to be able to reset and save the default position of the external cameras like in MSFS2020. It’s a PITA at the start of every service having to reposition them to where I like to have them.

No live pause is also an issue, as it’s near impossible to get decent passing shots of trains.

6. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

The outside cameras need sorting first, they are all over the place, It is a pain setting up camera 3 to exactly where you want it, then you stop to pick up passengers and it switches to camera 2 and needs setting up again. not one of the cameras apart from 8 and the cab camera stay in the position you selected for the scenario. when you enter a tunnel and it switches to the cab camera, it takes ages to revert when you exit the tunnel if at all.

In real life your eyes don't jump about all over the place and zoom in and out. It would be nice to set an exterior cam to the view you want and it remain there.

Mike

7. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

Inside a tunnel, camera 2/3 (if working) would show an unrealistic shot of the tunnel interior from outside (if you see what I mean). The external cameras remain unavailable until the entire train has exited the tunnel (which may take a while for a long, slow freight.

8. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Nothing beats having the windows down in tunnels and leaning your head out to feel the breeze in your hair.

9. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

A camera in fixed positions at stations and crossings that you can select in the camera menu regardless of train position. So for example, select Düren and wait for your ICE to shoot past.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Good way to get ready to audition for the part of the “Headless Horseman” if you ask me.... :)

• Like Like x 4