Lirr M3 Emu

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Franck69, Dec 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Franck69

Franck69 Member

Hi everyone. Taking advantage of the Christmas discounts, I purchased the dlc in question. But it's full of bugs, I'm almost regretting it. Anyway, I drive without any activated help, is there a signaling guide?
    It is frustrating to see that every time there is a slowdown, it gives me penalties.
    Thanks for your help

• Like Like x 2
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The M3 was ported from tsw2020 to tsw2 but came with bugs because of that. DTG basically had a "realise it now, fix it later policy" where preserved content was ported into tsw2 regardless of the issues which is unacceptable. I don't even use the M3 because of it. It may take some time before these issues are resolved

• Like Like x 3
  3. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

LIRR is an exotic route as it only implements a max authorized speed supervision, not a permitted speed supervision. ATC only gives max permitted speed limit for the current block, not speed restrictions inside it nor the ones derived from signal aspects. In addition to that only a bunch of speed plates are installed. This is realistic according to how line is operated but means you need to know the restrictions by heart or use the next speed limit HUD option.

When you get a lower speed limit you can still overspeed it provided that the right deceleration target is met and also you acknowledge it. ATC Forstall is lit in the display in that case and you won´t get brake application untill you reach the new limit. This requires around 40-60% brake power in most cases. If you don´t brake enough then the system will trigger brakes.

There´s a nice guide here: Long Island Rail Road Signal Guide (unofficial) | Dovetail Games Forums

I also included some guidelines about ATC here, at the signalling chapter: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1693369538

Cheers

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Franck69

Franck69 Member

Thanks guys for the info and tips

• Like Like x 1
  5. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

You are welcome. LIRR is a challenge indeed, even for experienced players. I like it as it has one of the most beautiful commuter trains in game in my opinion. I hope they fix the sound issues in the rolling stock soon :D

TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2020-12-29 14-02-01.png

The only issue I have found so far, despite the missing sounds, is that in M3 case you still need to acknowlege every speed limit, even if it´s the same or higher than current one, which I think it´s wrong, as in M7 only lower ones require acknowledgement. But the rest work as expected. I have played with both units today.

Taking into account that, follow this procedure and you won´t get any brake applications:
    • Adjust train speed according to signal aspects prior to enter the block
    • In case of overspeed an audible warning will be triggered and the indicator will be lit
    • Start braking immediatelly to reach the minimum required deceleration
    • Wait until the ATC forestall indicator is lit (not available in M3)
    • Press the acknowledge button
    • Maintain deceleration until displayed speed limit is reached
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  6. Franck69

Franck69 Member

Thanks I will follow your advice.

7. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Guys I have been testing M3 a bit more and I think the problem it has is the alerter, not the ATC. The constant acknowledgement requirements appear to be caused by alerter as they appear even at low speeds on the depots too so it´s definitely not a block updating what triggers them. Also the bell warnings are different: alerter is intermittent and ATC is continuous. In that case the ATC would be working perfect an the same way as M7 ATC does.

The point is that alerter can´t be apparently disabled. As soon as you enable ATC the alerter is enabled as well. Does anybody know if alerter can be disabled in the M3? I have tried using the keyboard shortcuts and the circuit breakers on the back of driver´s seat but I didn´t find a way to do it. As we don´t have a manual for it there´s no way to check this...

Cheers

8. Franck69

Franck69 Member

I'm sorry I don't have the faintest idea

9. sanjose3

sanjose3 New Member

Is there a manual for the m3 showing all the controls ?

10. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Nah, the M3 was full of bugs even back in TSW2020. But they're finally working on them, apparently. So hopefully one or two months max and we get a driveable M3.