PlayStation Liveries Are Deleted

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DeyKey, Dec 28, 2020.

1. DeyKey

DeyKey Member

I just wanted to make a new livery for my BR 423. After I typed in the name of the livery there was an error, in showed that I used 24 of the 300 liveries, but they were not in the menu. After I restarted the game all the liveries were deleted. Nice, 20 hours of work for nothing. Fix this (Edited by Clarkey - Watch the language).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Did you save it as you were doing it? Always best to in all games

3. DeyKey

DeyKey Member

No it did not delte one livery, it deleted EVERY LIVERY I made

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Lenwigg

Oh that is not good to say the least. Hopefully you can download them again

5. DeyKey

DeyKey Member

I don't know, how can you download it?

6. Lenwigg

Sorry I have never had to do it myself but I think it would be somewhere in the settings menu on the playstation. Of course it would have had to have been uploaded in the first place. I think, having playstation plus mine is automatically uploaded.

I have just googled it and came up with this

You can
    also download saved data from the home screen. Highlight the game, press the OPTIONS button, and then select [Upload/Download Saved Data].

I hope it helps you

7. bsuders

bsuders Active Member

Just to let you know that you can do what your saying only if you are a Playstation plus member with cloud storage. I've lost 44 liveries in my first big crash, lost 31 in my next crash. Tried to delete my save from the day it crashed and restart game, didn't work, Decided to try a 1 month membership since I dropped mine years ago. Started making liveries again only this time saving to cloud storage. 2 days later big crash, lost all my liveries. So here's what worked for me. went into my playstation storage data, deleted the file from day it crashed, then clicked like Lenwigg said and loaded all cloud storage before my crash, Bingo all my liveries are back. Hope this helps and I think it's time Dovetail addressed this issue, it's happening to a lot of people.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DeyKey

DeyKey Member

OK thanks, I guess I have to activate auto upload now :D

9. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

OK, these are now the steps I use to do my liveries. Whether you follow them is entirely upto you. BUT these work for me.

Step 1 Create livery, and save whilst doing the livery as often as possible,

Step 2 Once you are happy with your design, exit out of livery creator. You will be prompted to save. Save again.

Step 3 After your piece of work has been saved, exit completey out of livery creator to the main menu. When you are at the main menu EXIT the game. Do not even attempt to look at the livery in the sim at all**. Go back to the playsttaion menu

Step 4 Load up the game. You are now ok to run a service or journey and hopefully see you work appear.

** What I found that everytime I came out of livery creator and went to a service where my livery was used the game would crash on loading and then corrupt my save game. Following the 4 steps above, I have found that the crashing and corruption of the livery creator save stops if I do it as set out above. Its early days but (well a couple of months Ihave been doing it this way and I have "touchwood" had no crash.

I have 2 PS4 Pros. which I use TSW 2 on. Because I wont set one PS4 pro as a main PS4 Sony wont let me choose to upload save data tot he PSN cloud. So I do it manually. That is a god send. Because if you have uploaded your save game to the cloud with your vast array of liveries on them and then just say whilst in livery creator it crashes and corrupts the save game data it may automaticly update your save game (that is a non corrupted save file) in the PSN cloud.. Kindaglad I dont upload automaticly. I try to rememeber to upload my save games most of the time after I have used livery creator.

Hope this helps.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2