Ice 3m Must Be Allowed At St Pancras Without Off The Rails Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by imaginox9, Dec 28, 2020.

1. imaginox9

imaginox9 Active Member

In real life, ICE 3M's are able to run on the HS1 line which is the line that will be used on Southeastern High Speed. It would be nice to use them without the need of Off the Rails mode on scenario planner. Here is a video I found on YouTube of an ICE 3M at Saint Pancras International.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I don't think that's going happen, since the ICE in the game does not have the safety systems and power change capability needed. Furthermore, it could only run a short section of the route, since it can't enter the third-rail section! And there is currently (also outside of Corona) no service operating there. So probably too much work for little benefit I fear :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I doubt the Eurostar platforms at STP will be anything other than cosmetic, with the only actual lines being Platforms 11,12 & 13

4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

HS1 has the same electrification, safety and signalling systems as France, so if our ICE3M doesn't go to France, it doesn't go to St.P

5. gregorby

gregorby New Member

As far as I know in reality there have never been services with ICE to London on a regular basis, neither with ICE 3MF nor with Velaro D.
    Furthermore: Today there do not exist any ICE 3MF (I'm not sure wether they were build back to ICE 3M or wether they just lost their admission for France).

Talking about TSW 2 we have the ICE 3M without F. Still I would love to get the powersytem change to have a function and an Impact (on the system and the pantograph), wich would also make fun on the LGV.

• Like Like x 2
  6. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

The ICE that came to London was hauled from Dollands Moor by the Eurotunnel diesels. As it was just a publicity stunt and the ICE3M would not have been operating to London anyway as it doesn't meet the Tunnel safety rules they didn't bother going for HS1 clearance - the plan was to use the Velaro D which was built to meet the fire regs. Eurostar then piggybacked on the DB order for their E320s.

Issues with UK border force refusing intra Schengen passengers on UK bound trains along with their requirements for security screening killed the DB project. Eurostar's recent expansions have required offloading all passengers at Brussels or Lille to underdo UK immigration before reboarding the train. It's only in the last month or two that NL to UK trains have been permitted to operate directly.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

In conclusion... you’ll have to use Off The Rails mode.

• Like Like x 3