PlayStation Hud Symbol

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Doyden, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

Hi. I've tried searching the forum for this but didn't find anything.

Oh my HUD in TSW2 I have a largish symbol which looks like a head with four directional arrows just above and to the left of the Speedo. I don't see this symbol on any screenshots I've just looked at. Could someone tell me what it means or how I remove it please?

2. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

I don't know what you mean, unfortunately. Can't you make a screen yourself and upload it here?

But you mean the HUD, i.e. the collective display at the bottom right?

3. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

The Head symbol is showing that you are in Driver Mode when viewing the train from the free camera option whilst using the Classic Controls layout. The reason why the head isnt shown in the screenshots is because the immersion controls layout has been selected.

To do this, head to settings, controls, and select Immersion controls.

I hope this helps :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

if your meaning next to the speedo then i would think that means you have wheelslip is it like red when it pops up

5. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

Thanks for the replies. It was indeed because I had selected classic controls. It was a bit confusing because I was playing one of the new routes and the game had forced me into the immersion control scheme anyway with no option to change it.

Also, it's quite a large logo and uses up too much space. Perhaps just the word "immersion" or "classic" in small text below the HUD would be a more obvious reminder as to which control scheme you are using then a head with four arrows which clearly meant nothing to me.

I'm getting into HUD annoyances now though and that would open a whole new can of worms. Narrow fonts, text that is barely readable on a 40" HD TV that was just fine on TSW 2020 etc.

Thanks again for the help. I've reverted to the immersion control scheme if only to remove some screen clutter.

• Like Like x 1