General Wishlist For Making Tsw More Immersive

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by markhazeldine, Dec 27, 2020.

1. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

Aside from more routes and trains, there are some general core things that I think would make the game feel so much more realistic and give it more life than it has now. I know some of these are big items, but who cares. If you don't ask, you don't get!

Here's my wishlist (in no particular order):

1) AI trains that adhere to real timetables to populate the lines with life. Whenever you select a route from the Timetable, create your own scenario or use Explore on Foot, things feel very quiet and empty right now, and it would be so great just to have more trains coming and going, even if they are less detailed than the driveable trains (to keep FPS decent and reduce dev time). It would also be great to have AI trains that are not necessarily on the route in question, but usually serve stations on the line. For example, having District and Central line trains at Ealing Broadway etc.

2) More passengers in busy city stations and underground stations, especially at peak times. Yes I know this would be taxing on people's computers, but perhaps there could be a setting with a slider where you can adjust the amount of AI people so that if you have a high end system you could simulate big crowds. Also it would be nice if they didn't hover 7ft up in the air!

3) More people and traffic on roads outside stations. Especially where the road is visible from the platform. And more animations and AI in general, such as planes flying overhead near airports, boats on rivers, windmills that turn, ambient sounds (like church bells). Just little signs of life.

4) More announcements at stations. Even just general things like "please don't leave your bags unattended" or "mind the gap".

5) Working passenger information signs on platforms on all routes (like the Bakerloo Line has).

6) More posters and signage within the station underpasses, bridges and connecting tunnels (on the Underground). They all seem a bit sterile and blank at the moment. In Explore on foot mode on the Bakerloo Line for example, all the foot tunnels between platforms have blank white walls and no signs, which is nothing like real life.

7) Station names that are readable when zoomed out in the map view. I appreciate this could get tricky on a route with tons of stations, but right now you have to zoom right in to see them. It would be nice to be able to see more easily an overview of the route with stations names, both in the map view (9 key) and when selecting where to start/end your route in the menus.

8) A big one. Probably something for TSW3 or 4: Dynamic weather. This wouldn't need to be as sophisticated as MS Flight Simulator, but it would be cool to have weather that changes as you drive along a route. It would be interesting to drive into and out of a rain storm for example.

9) Another big one: Working radios. Even if it was pre-recorded background chatter, it would be cool to hear drivers chatting to controllers, or to have controllers give pre-recorded instructions or to be able to initiate pre-set responses like Flightsim's ATC system.

• Like Like x 8
  2. markhazeldine

Oh, one other thing: Less repeating textures! I'm noticing a lot of repeating patterns in track ballast, grass, water etc. I know it's done for performance reasons, but it looks really bad and lets down scenery which is otherwise wonderful. Perhaps textures could be re-used, but rotated in different directions to decrease repetition?

• Like Like x 2
  3. markhazeldine

More ideas:
    • Moving escalators (with sounds)
    • Ability to sit down on benches/seats on platforms

• Like Like x 3
  4. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

It would be nice if the cursor dot in the middle of the screen disappeared after a few seconds of inactivity when driving along.

• Like Like x 3
  5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Ctrl+8

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Alas I play PlayStation

7. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Can't you plug a keyboard? You can on xbox

8. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Working lifts

9. markhazeldine

Working lifts would be cool, although I imagine maybe hard to do. If they're glass ones, even if they just went up and down but didn't do anything, it would add another element of visual interest.

10. formulabee#1362

Yea

11. markhazeldine

Another idea:
    Add the ability to change the current time or weather in-game, so that your person stays in the same spot, without having to go back the Main Menu and re-load everything. I get that changing the time may require re-loading because it would have to move the AI traffic around, but there should be a way to do it without it resetting the whole game. Also, it should be easy enough to change the weather dynamically while in-game.

12. formulabee#1362

Yea loading takes like a minute atm

13. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

Another suggestion is that they bring back Animated Railroad crossings even though they mentioned that they may not bring it back due to performance problems and bring back the Voice Overs for the Scenarios in future dlc's to provide narration in the scenarios

14. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

My ideas
    More traffic on routes on routes such as bakerloo and sand patch there are barely any trains
    Another one knowing the locomotive though the map

• Like Like x 1
  15. formulabee#1362

Definitely agree! I miss having a voice in scenarios

• Like Like x 1