The Catch Boss Pike At Rotterdam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by odintheallfather2202, Dec 30, 2020.

1. odintheallfather2202

odintheallfather2202 New Member

I saw the biggest pike iv ever seen on the catch carp and coarse at rotterdam and managed to hook it, fought it for like 25 mins then it went behind the boat and just snapped off the line. Ready to smash my head off a wall after that haha any advice on how to get them in without this happening as it just goes behind the boat in the middle of the canal and snaps off. Soul destroyin

2. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Stopped playing Rotterdam because its a mess for exactly that. No way to stop it as the drag/hook hold system does not allow you even with the strongest tackle to put enough pressure to stop fish getting to these zero depth snap off points. Rotterdam has the most.

Saying that I've just had for the umpteenth time the same kind of thing happen in Bestii. Fish runs behind the islands and never comes out. Just pings back and forward until finally the hook hold meter depletes to snap off. Extremely frustrating and a bug that pre dates The Catch. All the other Dovetail fishing titles had the same to varying degrees. Ive reported it and yet nothing is done. Sigh.

All I can say is I feel your pain as I nearly launched my controller again today.

3. fredblogs487

fredblogs487 Member

After playing the game for 3 weeks, And seeing all the same bugs and things that need fixing carried over from fsw, i'm pretty much done with this game.
    Last straw was i've started mastery, And of course that does not work properly either. I have vids of losing fish at jezirio but i can't put them on the forum, nope i have to create a youtube account, upload them there, and create a link to it.
    I am not doing that, because it will not get fixed anyway. Also pointless reporting bugs, because they will never be fixed,so i am pretty much done with posting on the forum as well.

It is a shame because it is a good game and i was really enjoying playing it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Thing that annoys me the most is the priorities of the fixes. Game breaking bugs such as snap off points seem to never be fixed. Someone reports they don't quite like the way a rod bends and a fix is with you in days. A lot of the bugs people have reported happen regularly. So all the developers have to do is play for an hour or so themselves and they will see the issues. Not like users have mysteriously come across bugs that happen once in 30 hrs of game play.

If the game plays as it should then I couldn't care less about visual anomomalies. Although one thing that I would prioritise is the fish models in terms of sizing. I caught a specimen trout on Bestii yesterday and it looked like it should be 100lb not late 20's.

To be fair the new admin does try and interact more on here but unless users see something happening with their feedback, eventually it just feels like paying lip service.

The game was released end of June I think. I stuck with fsw at first until I bought it around mid Nov. From what I can tell there have been very few game changing fixes and the fact only one extra venue DLC has been released in that time is worrying. There seems to be no plan or will on behalf of the developers to do much with it, they have left it to stagnate. In the meantime I am seeing new patches suddenly appear and added dlc bits for fsw which feels like a real kick in the groin to all of us that moved to The Catch.

Once again I do like to stress that I'm not being negative just to beat Dovetail up on a forum. As plenty of people have stressed, they enjoy the game and I include myself in that bracket. In the short time I've had it I've ran up somewhere between 60-70hrs of game play and gone past half a mil tackle points. Although I still can't find a boss fish on the Ebro, even with all the tips and info about catching them( needs addressing as well).

Anyway rant over, its over to you Dovetail once again.

• Like Like x 1