PlayStation Can We Get Another London Underground Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Adam4422, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Adam4422

Adam4422 New Member

Do you think we could get another London underground route in the future.
    I hope so, it would be good to see the district line from Upminster to Ealing Broadway or Hammersmith and city line.

• Like Like x 3
  2. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

It's something that's being discussed and looked at atthe very early stages according to a stream but that will be later in 2021or even the next game if it happens

3. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

Personally would like to see the Northern Line, another good variety of destinations and interesting splits in routes, probably too many stations to have as a full route, one can but dream.

4. Adam4422

Adam4422 New Member

That would be good but the line is ATO I think, but can be driven manually.

5. Adam4422

Adam4422 New Member

Oh ok thanks for the reply hopefully this year.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gronk Honker

Gronk Honker Active Member

If you want a modern line, then it’ll have to be one of the Circle, District, Hammersmith & City, or Metropolitan lines.

If it’s historical, then you could do any of them except the Victoria line, which was always auto.

7. Adam4422

Adam4422 New Member

Oh good to know thanks for the reply.

• Like Like x 1
  8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Northern has too much tunnel and, apart from the more modern trains, is too similar to Bakerloo IMHO.
    The logical step would be to do a “cut and cover” line (Met, District H&C, Circle) with the modern S7 or S8 stock (and maybe the older A stock as an option).
    Circle (inc much of H&C) has been done by Aerosoft. Metropolitan or District would therefore be my choice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

I don't mind tunnels, they build anticipation for me. In one of the Bakerloo videos Matt mentioned how he likes the first appearance of that bubble of light up ahead that grows into a station, and I do also. As a kid my dad would take me to the front of the train (TTC subway in Toronto, where you can see out the front) and it was with utter fascination i'd watch the tunnel flashing past us. I'd sometimes let my imagination roam and pretend it was a time tunnel and we were heading into the past or future. Each 'ring' of light being another year or decade.

I'm an adult now and, of course, can no longer kneel on the seat and stare out with rapt attention as I want to. No, I play the dignity game like a coward, sitting in a nearby seat, turn my head ever so casually as if I'm bored, lol. But there is still an inner kid that loves seeing it. I can understand how some find tunnels boring, though, but not everyone.

London Underground preferences for me would be, in order, Piccadilly Line, Northern Line, and Elizabeth Line (lol).

Edit - one point to note, for me I first choose DLC based on routes I know, so there is a huge nostalgia factor there. I have many fond memories of living in UK and using the Bakerloo, Piccadilly, and Northern Lines primarily, so that is where my interest is pulled. While always open to exploring new, that is what first draws my attention.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The next line will probably be the Piccadilly Line as they were planning to make that line instead of the Bakerloo but dropped it to go for something much easier to start with. They do have the assets for the Piccadilly line as part of it was made so I wouldn't be suprised if that was the next. In terms of the Sub Surface lines, I suspect them to be made where we can use the S7/S8 stocks only because the Bakerloo line is set in 2020 and the Piccadilly line will probably be set in the year it's made (2021-2022 or beyond) so it wouldn't make sense for them to set the subsurface lines in 2013-2017 just so we can use trains that no longer run on the London Underground network if one line is set in 2020 modern day. It would be much easier for them to do that as well. Yes the subsurface lines do have ato but you can turn them off and real life drivers on the Hammersmith & City, Circle, District. And Metropolitan Lines are even encouraged to turn ato off and drive the train manually at times as well and some do have them off.

11. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

Ah yes, I lived in Golders Green in the early to mid 90s, and despite the line's constant delays I've always had a soft spot for it. I'd completely forgotten It went ATO in the early 2010s.
    If I'm not mistaken the Bakerloo line is partially ATO also.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Adam4422

Adam4422 New Member

oh ok thankyou for your response.

• Like Like x 1
  13. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

Piccadilly Line would be good actually, with the run out to Heathrow

• Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I think the Piccadilly will be cool as well