Freezing When Walking In Tsw2 -

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cjc74, Jan 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

so i bought the game yesterday and then when trying to walk the game basically has such a frame rate drop where basically the game freezes and makes it to the point of it being basically un-playable and I'm using a 1070 ti with an i7 processor and 32 gb of Ram which is way above what is required then i requested a refund from Steam because this is train sim world 2 and still it is not working properly ... Train sim world 2 was probably invented because there were too many bad reviews for train sim world #1 because of problems and now there are still problems with train sim world 2 like rampant frame stuttering and game freezing no matter what anyone says who happens to be working for DTG on this forum ... the initial beta had sand patch grade then it was removed then it was included with TSW #1 and then it was included as one of the base routes for TSW2 where it should have been in the preserved collection anyway ... I'm put off with this game because I'm driving the first scenario in sand patch grade headed right for a head on collision with another train in about two minutes ... what happened ? this is not fun ! there is nothing on the map showing what is what and no way to know you're headed straight for another train and it appears the switches cannot be switched from the map anymore ... the game should be relaxing but here i am saying the game is too frustrating just from the way it plays let alone the glitches and bugs ... I've noticed other scenarios that are broken for TSW#1 like in great western express somewhere if you are delayed the next task does not appear and no tips what to do and if you skip a task because there is no text in the map you are likely to not know where you are so you missed a task then you wonder what went wrong and you cannot see the next task because now it is broken where in the real world you would get easy directions on a radio or from your co-worker or from a map with actual names on it then add to it how many things that need to be fixed in the game engine ... this game needs to be better because right now is it not good and it has had major problems since the original beta release in 2017 ... do some of these new problems exist because files from the original TSW are corrupting TSW2 and the old files need to be un-installed before installing the new game ? Is there is a chance if you permanently remove TSW#1 from your steam library after you install TSW2 you might also remove common files and corrupt the game ? If i un-install TSW#1 will the preserved collection still be included with TSW2 ? I'm probably too annoyed to continue being bothered with this game ... I'll find another hobby like making a web site for business or something.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  2. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Ooooookay, lots to digest here..

I'm not exactly a PC expert but it would seem yours is adequate enough to run the game just fine! It would be helpful if you could provide more details, like where did you encounter this stuttering and on what route. It also might be worth taking a look at your settings, making sure they're not set too high of course.

TSW isn't exactly perfect in performance, but its not poor and "unplayable", given that there's plenty of people who can run it with no problem. On top of that, there is ongoing work to improve efficiency on certain aspects of the game.
    Theres also been a big push for DTG to be much more transparent with the development of TSW, and as such we now have a roadmap that's posted publicly every 15 days.
    If you take a quick glance at it, there's a decent amount of bug fixes already done, or in the works. Theres even a dedicated team that looks over preserved content, porting back new features and fixing the bugs on certain routes.
    Needless to say, there's a lot of active development going on.

There would be absolutely no point in this. TSW 2 is the reinvention of the first game.

No, TSW2 was created because there had been enough improvements and additions that it may as well have become a new title. This came along the heels of an engine upgrade as well.

Also, last time I checked on Steam, TSW2 has been doing pretty well in terms of ratings. Currently its 9/10 with mostly positive reviews.
    TSW2020 is currently sitting at 7/10 with mostly positive reviews as well.

Its really not that complicated. TSW2 is going to stay as TSW2, as it would be incredibly cumbersome to rebrand the game yet again. It would be incredibly weird if all-of-a-sudden, there was an announcement that TSW3 was in the works. No, this isn't happening, at least for a while. It just seems unlikely, given the circumstances

• Like Like x 1
  3. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

4. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

It would be weird ... it also seems incredibly unlikely that there would be a train sim world 2 that is the same thing as TSW1 so it probably should have been an update.
    The game has a positive rating overall at 82% that is not 90% right now but this freezing must be recent & most people are too eager to give positive ratings anyway not knowing that they are not helping to improve anything besides if people are smart they read the negative reviews right ? i did state this freezing was on the sand patch grade first scenario { not the tutorials } in the first two minutes of playing that first scenario specifically when walking when switching trying to walk towards the track switches trying to avoid the oncoming train ... the first scenario at the top of the list of scenarios for the sand patch grade and the fact that there is a train headed straight for another train for a head on collision in a massive train wreck is not very good. I'm using windows 10 pro with windows anti-virus and windows firewall built into it that has much better performance than using other anti-virus programs made by other companies I've noticed. The computer was shut down and restarted before playing the game and no windows updates and the RAM was cleared before restarting the computer. The freezing is probably something of a side effect of something else that was altered.

5. involvedmass

involvedmass Member

What are you on about? None of this will have any negative impact on the game. If it does, your specs are not as high as you say they are, or you have other problems with your PC aside from hardware.
    RAM was cleared before restart? Really? You don't clear RAM manually, when you shut off your PC everything in RAM will be cleared. That's how RAM works.
    I'm now almost 100% positive you have no idea what you are talking about, and all these issues you claim to have are either down to your hardware not meeting the requirements, or you have a bunch of crapware on your PC causing these issues.

• Like Like x 3
  6. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

It's funny, i have an i5 6400, a gtx 970 and 24 gb of mem and the game works very well in ultra at over 40 fps.
    Obviously the game is devoid of any manipulation or addition of "mods" of course.
    I think that :
    either you don't have the game
    either you have a grudge against DTG
    either you come and complain that you have a competition PC while you are playing on a laptop.
    In short there is absolutely nothing constructive in your proposals, I suggest you drop the game since apparently you are not satisfied.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

Great talking to you guys at DTG ... ram does not clear when you restart unless you do it manually > how do you explain browser history otherwise ? is this forum for DTG to reply only ? It is not that complicated 'skyMutt' ... wait and then reply about a year from now for train sim world 2 2022. Hey 'involvedmass' ... maybe you got some crapware cpu and hard drive space ? ? ? Great talking to you guys at DTG.

8. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

i already specified the computer specs

9. involvedmass

involvedmass Member

My game is running fine with lower specs than your PC. Ryzen 5 1600, 16GB RAM, GTX980.

When you cleared your RAM then I assume you had to install Windows again, along with TSW? I hope this was some kind of attempt at a joke, but seeing your other post and the replies you've written it would not surprise me if it weren't.

10. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

why install windows again ? everything else runs fine ... go back and read every single reply you guys sent ... every single one of you are not receiving constructive criticism of how the game runs -

11. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

RAM - random access memory is volatile which means it lose it information when powered down. Your browser history is in the form of a cache which is a file that is written to some form of non-volatile memory such as an SSD or your hard drive. Other methods of maintaining state across stateless protocols such as HTTP and HTTPS are cookies, which again are files that are sent to your client and stored on your hard drive.
    Since my military career, have been a network and cyber-security consultant for the past 24 years, it help to understand how systems work to be able a ascertain why things react as they do.

• Like Like x 2
  12. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

Haha, thanks LeadCatcher. I work in IT and was about to write up a post on RAM myself but you've saved me the effort!

• Like Like x 1
  13. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

Tssss
    You are troll !!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

15. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

haha why does computer games runs better after you delete browser history if it is maxed out ? You guys are all idiots

16. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

all idiots working for DTG

17. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

temporary internet files do not delete unless you set them to delete upon shutdown or restart ... seriously every one of you guys here who work for DTG are idiots { the one guy was nice but and nothing much going on } ... don't take my word for it ... try it and find out for yourself before comment then ffs ... serious conglomerate of idiots there

18. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

Hi cjc74
    All I will say, is that it takes one to know one
    Mike.

19. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

is that the best you can do ? it is clear you're purpose is to be an idiot ... join the rest of them at DTG

20. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

is that the best you guys got ? you're an idiot mike

21. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

idiots

22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s right. Everyone on this forum is an idiot. We filled in the same form as you when we joined.

• Like Like x 5
  23. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

yep ... you guys are a conglomerate of idiots ... happy new year btw to everyone at DTG

24. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

please silence the king of idiots please.

lol

25. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

It is time for this little one to be banned.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree with more it's time for someone to timed out I mean banned for poor attitude.

27. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

I'm gonna try to report you guys to the CEO because you're not even useful as idiots ... useless idiots ... I'll try in many ways because you guys just want to argue ... i had good responses and i shot down every reply with proper answers but you idiots continue as idiots and act as one big conglomerate of idiots ... I'll try to report you to the CEO with the date and time of this transcript because you guys who work for DTG are useless idiots I'm the guy with poor attitude ? I've saved this information and the time and day ... i know the CEO of your company can be found ... I'll mail a physical letter if i have to get my point across ... you guys are lazy upstairs ... if you think this is a bluff i got news for you complete idiots

28. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  29. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

do not worry ... say anything you idiots over there at DTG hiding behind a computer with no brains ... I'll just send this information up to here

30. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

idiots

31. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

it is not difficult to send a letter ... complete 100% idiots
    I've already decided ... I'm sending a letter to your CEO

32. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Have I just entered the twilight zone?!

• Like Like x 7
  33. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Locked this thread as it is not beneficial to anyone.

• Like Like x 13
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.