Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hawker Hurricane, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Hawker Hurricane

Hawker Hurricane New Member

Would anyone be interested in a multiplayer option where you could have a private or public group drive trains on a route, with the option to be a passenger? Where you could just take in the scenery whilst talking to friends? Or a signaller where you had complete control over signals and points and would be responsible for correctly routing traffic?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Finlay

Finlay Member

That would be a good idea , it wold be a good addition to the game

3. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

I feel being the signal board operator has too much troll potential.

4. Finlay

Finlay Member

But it’s like most things, you just have to trust people to do the right thing

• Like Like x 1
  5. MattChaffe10

MattChaffe10 New Member

From my experience in racing games/sims, internet net-code issues and latency are such a complicated mess when it comes to multiplayer. In my opinion, you need super strong servers to make anything at this scale of running multiple and/or a large group of people in a 'lobby' possible. I personally feel that a 2 player Co-op session, where one person is the engineer and the other is the conductor would be fun enough. Imagine, all of those tasks you had to do while operating a loco, now is split and done in the hands of someone else. Plus, tasks like coupling and shunting now can be done when one person is on the ground giving distances to coupling, and the other is still in the cab controlling, which would immensely make the scenarios easier and quicker.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Having a switchman in switching services would be super nice. I feel like it would be interesting for both players too. It would also give a reason for being able to climb on the cars' ladders.

• Like Like x 1
  7. migueld

migueld Active Member

They've promised multiplayer years ago... Never got it...