The Catch How Long Is Too Long?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chizzckh, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

So I've been hammering The Ebro in the hope of a boss fish of some kind. As you can see I've put plenty of hours in but as it stands today I've still not hooked one.

The biggest fish was a 161lb cat and I've also hard carp to 62lb. But still no boss fish of either species. You would have thought just by the hours put in I would have hooked one by now just by luck if anything else.

I can't say I have used every type of variable on offer but have spent plenty of time swapping baits, rigs, spots and time of day. This also includes the tips I've seen in the boss fish Friday thread on here to try and snare something.

Its getting to the point where I just don't know what is going on or where I am going wrong.

So how long should you have to fish a venue to catch a boss? 20210102_165533.jpg

2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi Chizzckh, which boss fish are you going for at the moment? As this is a lake where Boss Fish are in specific spots it can be more difficult compared to some of the other venues.

3. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

To be honest any. I have followed the Boss Fish Friday thread and implemented all the suggestions for two of the Boss Wels Cats and spent hours doing it. Still nothing. And as far the Boss Carp, again no idea but spent plenty of time trying all over. Not really tried for the smaller species Boss fish but equally I wouldn't know where to go with that considering the problems I am having for the bigger species.

The Boss Cats ive tried using the 30mm Catfish Pellets but very rarely even hook a Wels on them, Reckon its about 1 in 30 on the them, mainly Channel Cats by the million and the odd Carp thrown in once in a while.

4. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

I have gave up on ebro,got 1 boss in all that time,the emperor,caught him a few times.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

About the only one that people do come across from what I've seen. The least one I want to catch considering the Channel Cat a cast scenario.

The Ebro is the one water that I keep going back too. Mainly for the Wels.

I do wonder what the biggest non boss Wels is in the Ebro?

• Like Like x 1
  6. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

The biggest non-boss fish Wels on Ebro is around 180lbs. In terms of the amount of fish, the Wels is up there in numbers alongside some of the more popular fish in the lake, I know the team does monitor catch rates on the venues.

7. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

I think the boss fish may appear at different times and locations on different platforms,i remember in fishing sim world i could only get the megladon to appear at night time on the ps4,think most people were catching it early morning,i'm playing on the ps5 now,tried all the baits,times and locations suggested for the boss cats,but never got one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I'm still on PS4 but if the continuity across platforms differs then that would explain why it is near impossible to have a standard known method.

Did get Megladon on Euro Fishing eventually but didn't manage it on FSW. Ironically I tried using tips given like the Boss Wells on The Catch for Megladon but never managed it. Feels a bit like De Ja Vu.

Just spent another 2 hrs trying in vain over a few different spots and baits. Again had Wels to 150lb and Carp to just under 63lb. Glutton for punishment obviously.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I've put in another several hours on the Ebro. Still no boss of any sorts. Also the bait drifting when fishing the bottom is driving me more and more nuts. Especially when it floats into different bed types and you don't realise until you don't have a bite for a long time. Ahhhhhhhh