Oakville Subdivision Map

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by geloxo, Jan 3, 2021.

1. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I created this map for my own usage but maybe it helps others as well. The one in the manual has nothing to do with the real track layout which is available in game and it´s hard to identify each facility location. I added some tags to better find them and modified a bit the industrial areas trying to match them with the track map.

Despite being unpopular I still think this map is really nice and a great playground for freight operations.

Oakville Map.jpg
    Cheers

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. I’m currently working slowly through the journey on this route and this will help. Doing it in TSW2020 for now to avoid any unpleasant surprises and enjoying it so far. I’m enjoying North American freight very much since I got Sand Patch Grade with TSW2 and this route is a good alternative to doing long freight runs there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I've done a number of services in TSW 2 without any issues. Seems to have avoided the preservation curse!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...nice work on this map, appreciate you taking the time to do this! One suggestion- add gray yard markers for the Birmingham St. and McAnulty yards... other than that, the map looks great to me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

There are some issues on this map that I noticed, so it´s not error free:

- The tall hand operated switches plates are flipped: they should display yellow plates when switch is set to inverted position and green when in normal. In game is done the opposite way. That´s relevant for driving.

- The signal gantries at the main line have a LOD issue and as you approach to them the metal superstructure holding the signal turns smaller. This happens to the square shape signals only, not to the rounded shape ones. This is not happening at sand patch or Peninsula Corridor and they are using similar gantries.

- The distant grass disappears as soon as you get close to it. It should do the opposite (disappear when to go away from it)

But it´s a nice route and the industrial areas are very well detailed.

Grey dots are now added and file was updated :)

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking the time to make this map, Geloxo. Really helpful when playing. I guess I'm one of the "happy few" who enjoy this route, despite it being under utilized.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hoghead1976

Hoghead1976 New Member

Thank you for the map, Geloxo. One other addition to the map that may be pertinent would be the addition of dashed lines at Burlington West, where the CN Halton Sub diverges toward MacMillan Yard.