PC C40-8w Eastbound Coal Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by kahnn, Jan 3, 2021.

1. kahnn

kahnn New Member

Hi All,

Just purchased C40-8W for PC and started second journey Eastbound Coal. After passing Sand Patch Tunnel location, the next marker didn't register (Stop at Cumberland Receiving Yard). I ended up getting into Cumberland and followed the path via the Route map (9) to know where to stop. However, when I stopped, it doesn't end and I'm not sure how to complete this. Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it or is this a bug?

Thx
    Stefan

Attached Files:

2. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

Actually, this was the last scenario I played. I had no problem whatsoever. Silly question, perhaps, but are you sure you ended up on the correct track in the yard, and not one next to it? Sometimes you have to set switches manually on the map to get the onto the right track and the game can be somewhat, finicky, about stopping in the EXACT right spot (please ignore if you already know all of this). I have actually done this scenario twice (when you do them in scenarios, they apparently do not register as done in the Journey mode, even though your gold medal is shown. Vice versa works though, it seems.).

3. kahnn

kahnn New Member

Thx for the reply. The marker didn't show up in the game and I just followed what was in the route map. It may be incorrect but I have no way of identifying whether it is the correct track or not seeing there is no other marker there now. Unless I can find out where the Cumberland receiving Track is located by someone sending a pic?
    I really didn't want to have to spend 2hrs doing the scnenario again if I can help it :)

4. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

Make sure the marker in question is not turned off in your settings. You can toggle it on and off in game with...hmm...CTRL-1, I think it is.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

From what the OP is saying it appears that the instruction never popped up after the Go Via Sand Patch Tunnel instruction was completed, as seen in the message log, so it’ll be nothing to do with selecting the right path or game settings, it’s the scenario not working properly.

I think the only way is to do the scenario again. If it does the same thing again then it can be reported as a bug but these things do sometimes happen.

6. kahnn

kahnn New Member

I overwrote my saved game anyway so will have to start it again now. I'll know if it doesn't pop up again to just stop and restart it instead of running an hour or so to the end and finding out it won't finish. Thx

7. kahnn

kahnn New Member

Ran it again and worked fine. I see what happened last time.
    The message didn't trigger: "When descending the grade, it's better to use dynamic with assistance...."
    Then, nothing else triggered after that which meant no end point to finish the scenario. Worked fine second time.
    Haven't had that happen before in TSW1 / TSW2, thought it might have been a C40-8W issue but all good.